Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Bug Today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Hiebert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Over the weekend: Finally got parts in during the week that I needed to get it back on the road. New tires, got the 165/80R 15 Classics. No problem finding them, just went to the local VIP Tire, they had 13 in their warehouse. Replaced the turn signal/high beam switch with some moderate wiring repairs (fix bad splices and connectors). New positive battery cable and charging lead from the regulator. New fuel lines and relocate the fuel filter to where the line comes out of the frame. Replaced the flexible part of the brake lines from the reservoir to the master cylinder, then put the new tires on after cleaning the mess I made. New defroster hose on the driver's side. Then fired it up for the first time since July and drove up and down the road for a bit, then took the missus for a spin into town to fill it up for the first time under our ownership. Pops out of first when doing more than starting out on level ground, I'll have to get to the bottom of that. Got a few honks and thumbs-up, way past normal old-car-driving-weather up here, but I'll be driving it to work until the first snow
d_cardoza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Took my 74 convertible to have a new top installed. Ran ruff. Will need to tune when I get her back. Need a front end alinement and new tires.
mikewilkinson007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

This weekend I installed sound deadening in the front foot rest areas and rear under the seat and battery area. Huge difference.
KnoxBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Today i replaced a cheap unknown branded carb with an EMPI 34 PICT 3 carb. Now my 73 super sounds, runs and idles completely different. So much better than before. Cool
itskyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

took boy to school
drove to gas station wondering why performance was really bad again today
came back out and figured out e brake was on!
went to work
went to Wendy's
went home
went to work
went back home again

plans for this weekend? Hopefully get to the bottom of the fuel gauge issue; turn signal issue, maybe find some good tailpipes or heater boxes.
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (I miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

made final reversions from the drag season (put the rear speaker deck back in for the winter.)
adjusted valves and timing.
installed new 7/8 front sway-bar w/castor correcting bushings.

early test result indicate I may need to get accustomed to driving and NOT wandering all over the road. I may not need to replace steering box after all.
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tried on some NBB driving lights and a front lip I've had forever on my '71 1302 vintage race car project. (Aka, the Angry Beetle).
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Cleared and re-inserted sunroof drain hose. Tip: Work the fish from the bonnet up to the sunroof.

Removed and re-inserted connector wedge on indicator light

Bailed my son out when "the engine just quit going" by bringing him a gallon of gas. We GOT to fix that fuel gauge!!!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

nutten yet...but I plan on putting the oil cooler cover on so the oil dosent get cooled,it's already cool out side and soon I will need heat inside,dont want to waite till it's too late.whoo knows we might get snow this year!!! again.
miller0358
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Changed the oil, new plugs, points ,condenser, timed and adjusted carb. Runs like a new car. (71 Super ) Jeff
STEAK_BUG72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

safety check, first ride Saturday morning. hope there is no snow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
STEAK_BUG72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

How about now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
STEAK_BUG72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Got it!!!!
NICE!!!!
Ducryder1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

This is my first post on the Samba. Today I finished mocking up rear bumper brackets for my 70 standard. Last week I found original 1962 bumpers for $25 each in Wisconsin. So I started hacking up the 1970 brackets to work with the older style bumpers yesterday. Today I am very satisfied with the outcome of the rear bracket.

peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

A few days ago, I pulled my handles to rekey them to my NOS ignition. Unfortunately, I discovered that the ignition is from a 71-79 bus (R profile keys), while my OE locks are for an M profile key. I started looking for R profile lock tumblers, but finding bay window handles that aren't in a matched set or without a key are rather tough to find.

After chatting with a friend, he suggested I replace the ignition with the correct one and sell the bay window ignition. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that, as I have plenty of M profile ignitions that are just fine. So, that will be something to work on over the next few weeks. Hoping to get that task completed by December 1 so I can move on to replacing the fuel filler line.

My goal is to have it ready for daily driver again by February 1 so my daughter can drive it to school for her last few months of her senior year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Installed an Italian fuel pressure regulator - holding steady now at 2.8PSI!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Campion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Tired of feeling sad every time I looked at my wiring mess of a fusebox from PO's on my 71 Sb.
Installed a relay and aux. fuse box I can now listen to tunes with the key in and not have to turn the key to on.
And no more double and triple taps at the fuse box for all accessories.
JKLNHYD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Got me a set of ok bumpers and a set of ok brackets. Got the front on easy enough. Went to do the back and discovered that a previous owner musta had a wreck because the mounting brace and holes are all jacked up. Sucks.

Well, if I back into all the parking spaces it looks ok
unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Put on my Samba t-shirt and replaced the dipstick with the temp sensor one advertised here. Used a pipe cutter to score the oil level to coincide with the stock depth.
Then I adjusted the gas sensor AGAIN. What looked like about 1/2 tank now reads 1/2 on the fuel gauge.

Took a look at my fan and where it should but doesn't connect to my heater boxes. It got down to almost 55 last night, going to need some heat pretty soon Cool
68IHscout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Got to work on my new to me 79 , vacuum about 2 gallons of rat poop (you could say I vacuum the sh!t out of it) spend this morning getting the convertible frame un frozen from rust after 2 cans of pb and persistent moving up and down it is finally free. Stuck a battery in there but seems all the fuses are crusty so time to clean the ends and replace all the fuses..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Page 319 of 449

Jump to: