Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1892692

i guess he was thinking we wouldn't notice it doesn't have bumpers for that price.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
It is a bit pricey. However, other than the door and wall cards it's in pretty good shape. The mid and rear seat legs look great. The other positive is it's a complete set. You don't see that very often in decent shape.

Not quite complete. Both middle and rear seat kick panels are missing. The seats are sure nice, though.

when interior comes up over seas you know what's going on it's getting ready to be turned into a camper. i guess he's trying to get some of his shipping money back if he sells all this stuff.

The same seller has a 68 Lotus White bus for sale with this same color interior, but the ad says it has no middle seat. Curious if the interior for sale is actually from the white bus (prep for a camper kit), or if he actually has the complete extra interior.
Skoolieman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5441004177.html

I'm just going to leave this here...
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Not going to lie, that's freaking rad

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I like it too.
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I was going to say only a mother could love that face...
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I will look at motor/tranny less buses in a whole new light now. ! wonder what other truck cabs would mate up to a bus body?
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

This belongs in the rarest of the rare threads! That's a mega rare barndoor baywindow hatch right there!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

^No doubt, that's a cool rig for sure!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I would say it belongs here:
VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Tcash
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Bala wrote:
This belongs in the rarest of the rare threads! That's a mega rare barndoor baywindow hatch right there!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I was going to say someone spent some time on this! If it had the slider retained then omg it would be the ultimate. Shocked

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: New Parts and their Suppliers Reply with quote

CrRusty wrote:
I'm sure Most everyone here has been let down quite a few times, when ordering new parts. You read the description for a part and what you get it not exactly what was described. I think it is about time "WE" start voting with our money.

So you ask how? This is going to take input, so lets open up this discussion to others who have ideas to "SOLVE" this deception or low quality parts supply.

What if somehow a concise list of only "quality"parts are listed and their suppliers. Maybe another thread of really crappy useless parts and the vendor who sold the part, could also be established. If one makes a purchase of quality replacement then there would be a place others can view and not make to same mistake as the person before. I know this gets tricky for a number of obstacles, but I firmly believe it would promote this hobby and limit the sales of vendors who "cheat" selling crappy or useless parts. It seems like there are some quality parts, but often only known or found until after you have been burned a couple times.

If the list was limited to brief words, maybe in a chart of sorts, the list could get long and not be too distracting. Ie. Vw part #, part description, vendor, vendor part #, brand, country of manufacture, date of purchase, initial purchase comment, and most importantly a follow comment after a year or so as to how the part functions over time. This forum has set up sticky's which help, but they are set up for pleasurable reading and endless discussion. This forum has now matured to bring this to the next level, and promote those vendors that "help" us, and penalize those rip us off.

Or another idea, use a system like Better Homes, so selected vendors can use the Samba logo as an endorsed quality part in the description of a part. Maybe the vendor pays samba a fee to use the logo, supporting the website.

I hope these thoughts are taken as positive suggestions, and results in being beneficial for all involved. Any thoughts. ---Randy---
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

that would be nice some vendors pass certain items and german quality or made it germany but it's actually made somewhere else. i like to know who makes good window rubber and who makes the junk so i don't accidentally buy the junk. but there is so many of us in the hobby that are cheap and rather buy the cheap stuff than buy the quality stuff. me i would like to buy the quality stuff so i don't have to fix something again. it's hard to pass up cheap 70$ running boards for a pair that buy the good stuff for 70$ each. i like the good stuff. i will pay to buy the good stuff. but there is so many guys flipping cars now so what do they want to put on the cars to keep there margin down is to put the cheap stuff on the cars besides they don't care what the car will look after a year it's not there problem.
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Speaking of vendors did anyone notice that cip1 went up on there prices, way up on prices. I guess they have to pay for that new warehouse. Dang
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I guess this is more than a beef than a whine, but….

Why would you take a cool DD Panel(in my favourite colour) that hasn't sold because the price has been too high(presumably) and then proceed to cut a hole in the roof and make it a pop top camper(and I own and love my Riviera(tin top though))?

Am I just a stick in the (stocker) mud? Seems to me cutting a hole in the roof is a little too irreversible….. Sad

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1869975

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

It does seem a bit of a shame. Whats next, cutting holes in the sides for windows? Confused What ever, just jacks the price up on other DD panels, and adds another hack to the world.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

From the ad... (tent pictured is not included)

I really hate that shit.
vwmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:
Speaking of vendors did anyone notice that cip1 went up on there prices, way up on prices. I guess they have to pay for that new warehouse. Dang

We've noticed it up here, but just thought it was the bad exchange rate, interesting they've raised their US prices too.
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-wes...2009985144

"Someone spray foamed the whole underside and engine compartment for some reason" Crying or Very sad Ouch.
Peabody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Holy $hit

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1897811

I guess scrap prices are back up. Seriously, I'm taking one in better shape than this to the scrap yard. I may ask this guy to let me know if he sells this bus, I may never scrap a bus again.
'74 Westy (parts)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 361 of 490

Jump to: