Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I agree, very accurate for regular sales, now how about the auction factor?

Like this fine example of what might have been a cleanish survivor that's had absolutely nothing done except for some quick shiny on the outside?, looks like they couldn't even buck up for marker lights: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1975-VOLKSWAGEN-BUS-CAMPMOBIL-194488

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

auctions are a bad representation for overall value...2 drunk dudes with deep pockets is all it takes to prove who has a bigger pee pee

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:
that's why you don't buy anything out of Ohio regardless. i drove to akron one time for a car that had 27000 miles on it and it did but it was toast to much salt for me up that. never again. only if it's a transplant from out west will i buy something from ohio or a little old lady that just never drove it.

I'm from Michigan, grew up in Ohio. And yeah. Our cars rust out well before the engine will go bad. Best combo for a used car is a rusty crash from around me with few miles and a good rolling chassis from down south. Preferably Arizona.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
galencurrington wrote:
that's why you don't buy anything out of Ohio regardless. i drove to akron one time for a car that had 27000 miles on it and it did but it was toast to much salt for me up that. never again. only if it's a transplant from out west will i buy something from ohio or a little old lady that just never drove it.

I'm from Michigan, grew up in Ohio. And yeah. Our cars rust out well before the engine will go bad. Best combo for a used car is a rusty crash from around me with few miles and a good rolling chassis from down south. Preferably Arizona.

Another Ohioan that saw the light and moved to Michigan! Same here.

My Bus is a Florida/Arizona Bus. Very Happy
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

^ native Michigander here. I drove down to Ohio to buy my bus! not bad at all considering. It is a sportsmobile camper, made in Indiana. It is interesting that most of them never made it more than a state or two away from where they were branded. (there has been a really really rough one for sale in florida on the classifieds for a while now. I think that it went down there to die)
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Looks like a nicely done bus, but for $25k, I'd expect a clean engine bay Wink (sorry Johnny)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1917490
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
Looks like a nicely done bus, but for $25k, I'd expect a clean engine bay Wink (sorry Johnny)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1917490

Yes agreed. I wouldn't mind a well used outside if I saw a clean og engine bay. Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Does he mean $800? I can buy a decent bay window that runs has new seals, and a recent tuneup for $8,000!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1919132

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
Does he mean $800? I can buy a decent bay window that runs has new seals, and a recent tuneup for $8,000!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1919132

You are being charged $7200 for it being an "Amazing breadloaf with a like new headliner". No charge for cleaning the tank and getting it running Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Squeeze Cheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1919152

Think he overestimated the value of this by about a third?
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cheesecrackers75 wrote:

Oh yeah(maybe more IMO), and what was that a few posts back about a dirty engine compartment? This fits the bill too! Ugh!

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
jakokombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cheesecrackers75 wrote:

Maybe, but I bet he could show receipts that total close to that amount.
72 Baja
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

jakokombi wrote:
cheesecrackers75 wrote:

Maybe, but I bet he could show receipts that total close to that amount.

And that's fine.. It doesn't however make it worth what he invested. Very Happy Most people who do a restoration on any classic car take a bath when they sell it.

$29k? Shocked I don't see $10k there, even if it is all nice and shinny.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

it's a nice bus...probably more like 20-22K in reality. it is a bit more custom than the samba elite may like. interior is a bit loud, and I absofuckinglutely hate when people embroider vw emblems etc into the upholstery/door panels etc...looks cheap to me

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I absofuckinglutely hate when people embroider vw emblems etc into the upholstery/door panels etc.

Preach on brotha skillz. I have always despised that, and always will.
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Yeah, and the color is awful. It kinda hurts the eyes. Just overall not good.

Volktales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

All I can say is prices really do vary considerably with location. I can't see anyone on the West Coast of Canada even considering forking out that much loot for a bus like that. For that kind of money it had better be a mint, and I do mean MINT Westfalia...
1964 Ghia, ongoing project 2007-
1962 Beetle Beryl,original paint survivor 2012-
1970 Savannah Beige Beetle 2012-
1992 16v GTI, 100% stock 2006-
1991 "Terseo", wife's old daily 1995-
1969 Chevrolet CST/10 (family owned since new)
1965 Gold Corvair Monza 2021-
1966 and 1965 Monza 2022-
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Anyone else ever had their own bus used in a scam ad? Confused

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5548220493.html

1966 Beetle
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Bala wrote:

So that's your bus? have you contacted him? Have you flagged the ad?
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Bala wrote:

So that's your bus? have you contacted him? Have you flagged the ad?

Yea, and a picture I took with my grandfather's "period correct" camera that I inherited.

I did call a few times (not on my personal phone) on mute so I could hopefully get him to call back. He did and his name is Ulices Millan. The local number and that the map is actually really close to my house has me most concerned. I also set up an email specifically for this and sent him a message. We'll see if he responds.

1966 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 368 of 490

Jump to: