Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingergypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1932860

i think this one is a scam, I've seen it posted in different cities on craigslist, including here in california, but now somehow its in texas, snd for for varying prices. when i called the guy he was conviniently out of town but was ike "well how bad do you want it, cause i want to go to vegas this weekend"....i said i need to see it to know but i think he wanted to see if i would send him the money without even going to check it out....

so i would be careful with this guy. i was going to post something in the classifieds here but i don't know if thats kosher since I'm new.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

gingergypsy wrote:

i think this one is a scam, I've seen it posted in different cities on craigslist, including here in california, but now somehow its in texas, snd for for varying prices. when i called the guy he was conviniently out of town but was ike "well how bad do you want it, cause i want to go to vegas this weekend"....i said i need to see it to know but i think he wanted to see if i would send him the money without even going to check it out....

so i would be careful with this guy. i was going to post something in the classifieds here but i don't know if thats kosher since I'm new.

Scam or not, it's a POS. Keep looking.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

gingergypsy wrote:

Weird, I don't see anything to indicate that is a scam ad.
Older user, he's had tons of ads, the Bus looks to be a POS and massively overpriced(?) not cheap.

Let me know if I am missing something.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

gingergypsy wrote:

I agree, not rotten but far from clean, definitely overpriced for the lack of redeeming features it has(n't).

How did you word your inquiry?, maybe you came off as a tirekicker?, or maybe he's just had a bad week and needs some Vegas time?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
gingergypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

maybe i should clarify that I've seen it posted in multiple states across the us with varying prices...also the guy also told me it was all original, which it obviously isn't (rear seat, missing sink/stove cabinet area, and front seats). and he sounded like he was really trying to sell it from me. I've talked to quite a few people since I've been in the market for a bit and no one has ever really tried to sell their bus to me, since they tend to sell themselves...

maybe those ads were a scam that stole this guys pics...im not sure. all ill say is it was the same pictures and the guy i talked to seemed sketchy.
gingergypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

also side note, is it just me or have buses really gone up in price the past few weeks? i feel like when i first started looking a month or so ago things were cheaper but i wasn't really sure what i wanted and not yet ready to commit. now that I'm ready i feel like everything is like 2 grand more expensive than it was a month ago. I'm so confused. maybe its all in my head and I'm just more educated now so i notice the prices more
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

gingergypsy wrote:
also side note, is it just me or have buses really gone up in price the past few weeks? i feel like when i first started looking a month or so ago things were cheaper but i wasn't really sure what i wanted and not yet ready to commit. now that I'm ready i feel like everything is like 2 grand more expensive than it was a month ago. I'm so confused. maybe its all in my head and I'm just more educated now so i notice the prices more

Prices for outdoor recreation items generally rise right before the summer camping season. Best time to buy this stuff is in the fall/winter. It's that whole supply/demand thing we learned about in economics class.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

maybe the first few you looked at were cheap, but it has been about 4 years of crazy now
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
maybe the first few you looked at were cheap, but it has been about 4 years of crazy now

Maybe and yes its gradual over the years of increase - But as cdennisg said - Spring Fever is where you see the prices go up. Way up. Like clockwork. Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
alman72 wrote:

Maybe and yes its gradual over the years of increase - But as cdennisg said - Spring Fever is where you see the prices go up. Way up. Like clockwork. Wink

...and gas prices.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5545054113.html

Looks like a nice bus and maybe worth what he's asking.

My whine here has two parts. 1) $10,000 in the motor, but no pics and no explanations? 2) This is listed in the Seattle CL section and the bus is in Tahoe, "but I do come to the bay area often for work". What? Shocked Seattle is not the 'Bay Area'. Everyone knows that the Bay Area refers to SF. How do you post something like this in the wrong section? And even if he was referring to Seattle, how does coming here for work on occasion help someone who is interested in his bus?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5596865360.html

Oh man. So much on CL. One absolutely perfectly huge circle cut in the side of a high roof bus. So sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:

Oh man. So much on CL. One absolutely perfectly huge circle cut in the side of a high roof bus. So sad.

That could make a really interesting camper, though. Imagine waking up to that view!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
awreed wrote:

That could make a really interesting camper, though. Imagine waking up to that view!

I agree, maybe even one of those bubble windows. I don't like the hack but there's potential for a really different and cool bus if finished correctly.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
the_benjamin_effect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5545054113.html

$10,000 in the motor, but no pics and no explanations?

Maybe he means 10,000 miles on a rebuild?

Cheers!
-2000 Subaru Impreza Sport EJ22 ¼ million miles "Trusty"

International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. I.A.M. 751
International Brotherhood of Naval Flight Engineers. I.B.N.F.E. LOCAL 8251
My other ride has 18,400 horsepower!
DrHilding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: 1968 VW Bus Des Moines, Ia Reply with quote

https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5607095316.html

Hope mine is worth that some day!! No interior pics?
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 VW Bus Des Moines, Ia Reply with quote

DrHilding wrote:

Surf rack and surf board for Iowa? Interesting...

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 VW Bus Des Moines, Ia Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
DrHilding wrote:

Doooooood, you're such a buzzkill, feel the vibe man!

Слава Україні!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 VW Bus Des Moines, Ia Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
DrHilding wrote:

Drainage ditch surfing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCW91GoJipg
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 VW Bus Des Moines, Ia Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
DrHilding wrote:

Drainage ditch surfing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCW91GoJipg

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 371 of 490

Jump to: