Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 373, 374, 375 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

this guy here is dreaming a little to high

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1946433
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:

Yeah, i sold my crew cab for quite a bit less than that just last year & it was much nicer. I have seen people get some crazy prices for there polished up turds though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:

Ya think?
I sold my 1969 Double cab 4 years ago for $3500 after it had been on Samba list classifieds for about 6 months. Kinda rusty, but a good daily driver with fresh 1600 SP and the original engine, (still functional and intact) in the back. And a NOS front floor.
Mine was a 2 owner car, I'd owned it from 1986 to 2012. Mine was a better car.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:

I love the 1 white wall tire, the butchered rear wheel wells and the small steering wheel.
’65 Deluxe Build
mechanicjay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:

Some people have a funny idea of what a "Daily Driver" is.
2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ - The wife and kid mobile.
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:

Yea, there is a single cab not running for $14K with a good bit of rust.. Im just like,

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

"Admittedly, I'm an idiot. I can't read basic manual instruction on how to tune my Bus - therefore I confided in others to do so for me. They failed as well. So I present to you a molested example of a bus where my inept hand and paid others inept hands have caressed its voluptuous curves. I'm so stupid - I am forced to sell. But my incompetence does not come at a discount merely a warning into what you will invest." Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1921759

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/bar/5669504674.html
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:

All those sweet stickers- I would have thought he'd want way more than 12,500.
As for the highly informative write up detailing his hassles with trading the car: it was not helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

f*cking idiot....put a price on it, trade for money and all of a sudden the "weird emails" should dam near stop.

looks like a typical hacked up 5K bus to me

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

looks like a typical hacked up 5K bus to me

+1
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

As for the highly informative write up detailing his hassles with trading the car: it was not helpful.

14. To the gentleman from TN, when you called I told you $12500.00 and not a penny less, you drove all the way here and tried to get it for $10000.00, then you threw a hissy fit because I wouldnt take it, that was your fault not mine. Stop e-mailing me.

Yes, just showing that he sounds like a jerk and not somebody you would want to buy a car from.

And I don't believe that happened.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

visibleink wrote:
awreed wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

14. To the gentleman from TN, when you called I told you $12500.00 and not a penny less, you drove all the way here and tried to get it for $10000.00, then you threw a hissy fit because I wouldnt take it, that was your fault not mine. Stop e-mailing me.

Yes, just showing that he sounds like a jerk and not somebody you would want to buy a car from.

I have had that happen before. was selling a snow thrower. told the guy not a penny less than 2,500.00 turns up with 2K. told him eat paper and shit money...500 worth cuz it isn't getting sold for that.

enjoy your ride back to NH Very Happy

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

[quote="skills@eurocarsplus"][quote="visibleink"]
awreed wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

I have had that happen before. was selling a snow thrower. told the guy not a penny less than 2,500.00 turns up with 2K. told him eat paper and shit money...500 worth cuz it isn't getting sold for that.

You should start calling yourself the Samba Peckerhead.
Duh.
BTW, what kind of paper?
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
visibleink wrote:
awreed wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

good for you skillz

I admit to not being the best negotiator in the world, but I hate that crap. You already made a deal, now stick to it!

My 1968 Campmobile
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey use to say is it was listed at 2,700 (3 point, tractor mount deal I was selling for my in law's)

after sending additional photos, etc he offered 2500....that's fine. that is where the price needed to be. so basically we settled on that price.

he turns up, trailer and all with only 2K....I laughed at him. had the email to prove that we agreed on a price. boy, was he pissed, but too bad....gave me the "gas money" bullshit....200 should have bought more than enough fuel buddy.

turns out I think he was a flipper and wasn't going to use it himself. in the end, it sold for 2500 to a local farmer. it just amazes me the b.s. folks try to pull....

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I had that happen as well. Funny arguing with the dude for 10min on how that's all he has. Realizing I wouldn't budge on the price his buddy pulls out the rest. Rolling Eyes

I called him a liar and he got all wishy about that's how the game is played. I said "yeah - in assholes and hand grenades".

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:

Public Service Announcement to any potential sellers that might be perusing these pages trying to determine a price for their vehicle...

If you want to ask and receive a price at or near the top of the spectrum of what buses are selling for, your bus needs to be very near to stock and with virtually no issues. Excessive customizations - no matter how much money you put into them - are limiting the potential for you to find buyer. As such, to sell that statistical anomaly you currently own, you are very likely going to have to reduce your price to something quite modest to find a buyer that is willing to also pay some additional moneys beyond the sale price to undo your customizations.

Thank you for your time.

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
kevinj73us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

"A VW restoration enthusiast's dream!"

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/5687007529.html
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

visibleink wrote:
awreed wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

I questioned that as well (not if someone lowballed, but that he was offered that much). It sounds like he's trying to give legitimacy to the value of his bus by including a made up scenario. Who knows though.

If someone really offered him $10k for that, he should have taken the money and ran! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 373, 374, 375 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 374 of 490

Jump to: