Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
"all voids in body were filled with expansion foam (no more tin can rattle sounds as you ride down the road)" until that death foam rust that poor bus out...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1956270

And he's got the pics to back that claim up. OH MY!

Yeah, like he is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper proud of it. Rolling Eyes

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mtbbiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

In case you forgot what that foam can do. I took out enough to do a house and had to replace all metal that it filled.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

The next owner will just be scratching their head wondering why they only get 15 mpg. Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
The next owner will just be scratching their head wondering why they only get 15 mpg. Laughing

well, at least they can do it in the quiet solitude of the bus

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
notchboy wrote:

It is always nice to be able to think clearly in quiet solitude.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
notchboy wrote:

It is always nice to be able to think clearly in quiet solitude.

Its a better environment to hear the rust mites chomping away at your German steele. Laughing Nom, nom, nom.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1956821
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

for 60.00 i'll take 2

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
awreed wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
"all voids in body were filled with expansion foam (no more tin can rattle sounds as you ride down the road)" until that death foam rust that poor bus out...

Surely there are not buyers for this kind of stuff! 30k is a ton of money for a "custom" resto meant for a flip. Rolling Eyes

And that green!!! The door panels make me cringe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cbaucom1 wrote:
Kirk wrote:
awreed wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:

Surely there are not buyers for this kind of stuff! 30k is a ton of money for a "custom" resto meant for a flip. Rolling Eyes

And that green!!! The door panels make me cringe.

I wish I had that much hair! (The bus, I don't like so much.)
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Here's an Ebay bus that I kinda like, BUT some serious flaws and a serious price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...3641.l6368
He's got a Buy-it-Now price of $29,900, so Probably near the reserve?
For such a price couldn't Manny have been bothered to pull the engine lid rubber and maybe even put in a NEW one, rather than just giving us one with several coats of paint?
And look at the ENGINE COMPARTMENT views! some slobbered on glue on the fan housing with rattle can black, yellow crimped on hot wire to the battery about a foot too short. The fuel tank vent/ charcoal cannister hoses just old ones stuffed up into the corner.
I guess they don't smog cars that old in CA anymore? How could it possibly run well with that cheesey air filter and the 009 dizzy?
I guess a 35 year mechanic can work his magic? Either that or maybe it runs kinda shitty off idle?
Overall, though it's a pretty bus. Looks pretty straight and decent colors. I don't care for the white walls or the $30 carpet, tho. $30K? I guess the market will show us? (Likely we will never see the actual price.)
Al
Vanagons:
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

They lost me at the point I saw the white walls.
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:
Here's an Ebay bus that I kinda like, BUT some serious flaws and a serious price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...3641.l6368
He's got a Buy-it-Now price of $29,900, so Probably near the reserve?
For such a price couldn't Manny have been bothered to pull the engine lid rubber and maybe even put in a NEW one, rather than just giving us one with several coats of paint?
And look at the ENGINE COMPARTMENT views! some slobbered on glue on the fan housing with rattle can black, yellow crimped on hot wire to the battery about a foot too short. The fuel tank vent/ charcoal cannister hoses just old ones stuffed up into the corner.
I guess they don't smog cars that old in CA anymore? How could it possibly run well with that cheesey air filter and the 009 dizzy?
I guess a 35 year mechanic can work his magic? Either that or maybe it runs kinda shitty off idle?
Overall, though it's a pretty bus. Looks pretty straight and decent colors. I don't care for the white walls or the $30 carpet, tho. $30K? I guess the market will show us? (Likely we will never see the actual price.)
Al

They painted that striker plate too. It does suck for a few minutes to adjust the two screws hold that thing after painting or changing the weatherstrip. I'd knock a grand off the price for it for sure!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Laughing

Me too - don't care for the red either. Some doosh will buy it and make 40k while driving it around exposing it on social media Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Laughing
Me too - don't care for the red either. Some doosh will buy it and make 40k while driving it around exposing it on social media Laughing

Don't be so sure. I feel it will only go $24k tops. I think the bubble has burst. Ever since the Brexit vote. Scared the bejesus out of bubblers and it DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN! (The British EXIT from the EU.) And it may never.
Do any of you have any real world sales price records form July or early August? I always watch splitty and bay prices, 356 and air cooled 911's. They all seem to be down.
I guess about half my life's estate is tied up in my piles of rusty old German cars, but I'm strangely ambivalent about the value. If they go down very much I will not feel so pressed to sell any of my babies. I might just give them to some young whippersnapper in my will. (Don't hold your breath unless you can hold it for a few years!)
Al
Vanagons:
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

^This is the problem when one only focuses on body work and interior. You end up spending what, 20+k? Then you think your gonna make a killing on resale? When actually most of us would be "holding our breath" and hoping we made it home from the weekly market run in that thing, as is.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://auburn.craigslist.org/cto/5725546494.html
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:

rad.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

rad.

It's brown. (and white.) Not RAD.
Al
Vanagons:
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Pinetops wrote:

rad.

It's brown. (and white.) Not RAD.
Al

I was merely voicing my agreement with the ad copy that clearly states "This thing is rad".

I am also in full agreement that it is brown. (and white)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 376 of 490

Jump to: