Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
turdburgler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wihr wrote:
Bus Depot has them. They look like the originals and are about $50 apiece with the rubber bumpers at $40 a pair. That is a lot cheaper than $700.

WW

Ummm.. no they don't have these.. Look closer before typing.

Good luck finding another pair.
wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Sorry. I didn't see "Late Bay". They have the "Early Bay" overrides which I thought were extinct.

WW

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

There seem to be more early bay out there. All overriders seem to be at a premium these days. Glad I got mine early on Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Glad I got mine early on Wink

I'm even more glad I think they're ugly. I love to take them off a found bus and sell them to folks that dig 'em.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

I'm even more glad I think they're ugly. I love to take them off a found bus and sell them to folks that dig 'em.

x2...I think they are all hideous myself. one guy paid me 200 (his offer, not mine) for the aluminum "anti crush" spacer doodads of early bay over riders. granted, it was a full set.

I couldn't ship them out fast enough Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I hate to pile on Notch but X3.. Laughing

I've never cared for them on buses or fat chick bugs.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Shit dude. I'm all about what u aint got. Working, runnin headlight washers? It's the summers eve of fat chicks right there. Rolling Eyes Wink

Deutsche them lights boys! Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

those are sweet Jason Shocked

My 1968 Campmobile
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Shit dude. I'm all about what u aint got. Working, runnin headlight washers? It's the summers eve of fat chicks right there. Rolling Eyes Wink

The headlight washers are a cool accessory, I admit. They would look better if they just shot up right out of the bumper.
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:

The headlight washers are a cool accessory, I admit. They would look better if they just shot up right out of the bumper.

hmmmm.... I like that idea. Maybe put a second pump in the washer fluid reservoir? It would need some good pressure to be effective. hmmm Think

My 1968 Campmobile
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

They are supposed to be ugly, padded and covered in dash material. Why they did that is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
zoobum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Rubber Mat Reply with quote

Thought I'd take up the 20% off that CIP1 is having now and get a new floor mat. What complete sh*t. Buyer be warned.

It's literally as if they went to home depot and pick out the rubber by the sq ft and cut it. AHHHHHHHH, I'm so pissed.

Stay away ---

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D211%2D863%2D711%2DD

Ok, I'm done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

can I ask what's wrong with it?

the last one I got from WW was a thick, heavy piece of shit that I gad to grind 1/4" off of the whole front edge....

I bought from them because the one I got for my camper a few years back was thin flexible...think original mat just not dry and brittle. I loved it. then I got this 600 pound mat that fit like ass. I called them out on it too...just got the typical "ahhhhhhhhh, ermmmmm" on the phone

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber Mat Reply with quote

zoobum wrote:
Thought I'd take up the 20% off that CIP1 is having now and get a new floor mat. What complete sh*t. Buyer be warned.

It's literally as if they went to home depot and pick out the rubber by the sq ft and cut it. AHHHHHHHH, I'm so pissed.

Can you get some photos of the crappy details?
zoobum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
can I ask what's wrong with it?

Its super thin, no grip, feels and looks cheap. It fit the shape of the floor well, just had to cut a little more to fit the accelerator pedal.

I can't find it on home depot's website, but next time I see it I'll snap a photo, but just think cheap, thin, flimsy, and not worth a penny.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

no waffle backing like the OE? so it's just a sheet of rubber?

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
zoobum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EXACTLY! No waffle back, basically this stuff:

Ribbed rubber flooring
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

zoobum wrote:

EXACTLY! No waffle back, basically this stuff:

Ribbed rubber flooring

Hey dont bag on this stuff. It makes for a great surface to work on my bench Wink Laughing

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

is there a replacement with the waffle backing?
Mine has a tear. It still works, but now I'm curious where I can find a high quality replacement if needed.

My 1968 Campmobile
wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

So who has the best one. Mine is beginning to tear in a few places (after 46 years).

WW

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 382 of 490

Jump to: