Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I saw that too. The original ad was for 12,500.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

dumptuck wrote:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5890256509.html
What

But it's a '72 with a clock and the unobtanium rear bumper! Surely that makes up for the nasty headliner and the "new" carpet.

The carb is a nice upgrade too... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Whoa they still do removable face stereos? Are we back in 1999? I imagine most people with a bus know about this place. They just know it would be shameful/embarrassing to post it here for that price.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Seems like a deal to me. In NYC, someone is gonna snap it up, divide it, convert it to condos, sell it off to make millions, declare bankruptcy, then run for president. Rolling Eyes

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

OK, so this guy is a newb. He has a few ads. They are all out of focus. Here is an example.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2002201
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dude, if you want to sell your stuff you need clear pictures! All the ads I've seen of yours are blurry. Step up man!! How can we tell the least bit of quality?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

did you send him a PM telling him?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Here is a bus in The Samba classifieds that sold in one day:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2002247
It demonstrates there are still good buses out there selling at competitive prices.

Since this is the "Official Bay Whine" thread, my whine is "Why couldn't I afford $21k for it?!?" Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

(Okay, I'm not serious about that whine. I would much rather have the pride of bringing a bus back to life, and be thoroughly familiar with its idiosyncrasies. Or at least that what I keep telling myself...)

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
It demonstrates there are still good buses out there selling at competitive prices.

Since this is the "Official Bay Whine" thread, my whine is "Why couldn't I afford $21k for it?!?" Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

(Okay, I'm not serious about that whine. I would much rather have the pride of bringing a bus back to life, and be thoroughly familiar with its idiosyncrasies. Or at least that what I keep telling myself...)

I love when nice buses get nice money for them during a resale. It just demonstrates that original, un-molested and stock buses demand the highest prices.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
KentPS wrote:

I love when nice buses get nice money for them during a resale. It just demonstrates that original, un-molested and stock buses demand the highest prices.

Consistent high price - not always the highest Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Someone please save this Deluxe from this moron... I am local I can check it out for anyone interested.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2002827

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

khalimadeath wrote:
Someone please save this Deluxe from this moron... I am local I can check it out for anyone interested.

It's a 4$-$5K bus as it sits. Maybe.
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:

It's a 4$-$5K bus as it sits. Maybe.

I agree which is why I hope someone can save it, it looks like it has potential.

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

khalimadeath wrote:

What is up w/ the roof ?? Is that a Pop-top ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:

I tried asking him about it, he has very poor grammar skills and could not describe it very well.

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

khalimadeath wrote:
crukab wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:

I tried asking him about it, he has very poor grammar skills and could not describe it very well.

Looks a little like an attempt at one of those Snowtop setups. Molded in for just a little more headroom.
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:
crukab wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:

Looks a little like an attempt at one of those Snowtop setups. Molded in for just a little more headroom.

Thats what I was thinking.

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
orwell84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I don't find that there is a lot to whine about. I have owned my bus since 1990 and have found since that time that is has become much easier to find parts and especially knowledge. I know that there is a huge variation in quality and that quality T4 engine parts are harder to find. But I found that in rebuilding my engine that finding decent parts just took some research and looking around. I have also found that there is a larger selection of sheet metal parts for the baywindow bus than when I began. Some of them suck, some are excellent, but with some patience, good quality is out there. I have as a point of comparison fixing up an 82 Renault Fuego in the early 1990's. Yeah, good times finding anything for that. Working on a Baywindow bus is so much easier and you have a great vehicle when you are done.
foxmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I just realized what this sticky is about Embarassed

I've so wanted to comment on some of the ads and wasn't sure if that was appropriate.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

foxmon wrote:

I've so wanted to comment on some of the ads and wasn't sure if that was appropriate.

Thats it? Thats all you got? Id of figured after your apifany you'd come in with guns blazing

:2gunfire: :snipersmile: #Bad Talk Dancing :2gunfire:

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
foxmon wrote:

Thats it? Thats all you got? Id of figured after your apifany you'd come in with guns blazing

:2gunfire: :snipersmile: #Bad Talk Dancing :2gunfire:

whining about not knowing where/when to whine about something.... weak

whining about a persons realization & lack of proper use of what the whine thread is for..... better

I'm just pissed off cause i need a transmission for my bus & everyone around my hometown bought them up & stuck them in a sandcars Mad

and this guy claiming everything is overpriced, except his bus that he won't put a price on??? What will 2017 bring Rolling Eyes http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1634006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 391 of 490

Jump to: