Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

poptop tom wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
for 2k, I would buy that thing! it would be a blast here on the farm

Do it to it, skills!

were it closer I would!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
DrHilding wrote:
https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5515939452.html

Pricey?

Interestingly enough, this same bus sold on BaT in early February 2016 for $8900. Seller was Lind, a longtime regular on this site.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-vw-riviera-camper/

Either he still has it and is advertising outside of his area (Boise), or this seller is lying about owning it for two years and taking a loss on his purchase price two months later.

I reached out to Lind earlier today, and he responded with a note that says this ad is a scam. The bus was actually sold to a buyer in the northeast.
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1870776

Safari clone? What was it the Safari Insane Clown Posse edition?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cbaucom1 wrote:

Wow.

I will never understand why someone would go that far customizing a vehicle, then try to sell it for an unreasonable asking price, then not realize that when you can't sell the vehicle at that price for four months, maybe you are asking too much for your custom.

That is a $2500 bus. If it were original paint and interior, it might be closer to his asking price.
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1811951

The ad does state that there is a lot of bondo (look at all that overspray!) but check out the front beam center pin repair from the website!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

^^^ Yikes!
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1811951

The ad does state that there is a lot of bondo (look at all that overspray!) but check out the front beam center pin repair from the website!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hey, but it only has 62k on the odometer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
cbaucom1 wrote:

Wow.

I will never understand why someone would go that far customizing a vehicle, then try to sell it for an unreasonable asking price, then not realize that when you can't sell the vehicle at that price for four months, maybe you are asking too much for your custom.

That is a $2500 bus. If it were original paint and interior, it might be closer to his asking price.

Yeah, the poor bus. They are very neat when they are left original.
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

that's why you don't buy anything out of Ohio regardless. i drove to akron one time for a car that had 27000 miles on it and it did but it was toast to much salt for me up that. never again. only if it's a transplant from out west will i buy something from ohio or a little old lady that just never drove it.
twistedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

New user wont sell for his asking price
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1908550
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

twistedbug wrote:

And apparently taking photos while blind drunk.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

sjbartnik wrote:
twistedbug wrote:

Agree.. they are some of the worst pictures I've seen and very incomplete. No engine photo's, interior or under carriage pictures.

I've love to see more pictures too as it looks very clean.

If he wouldn't sell it for asking price, he must of gotten hammered with inquires and realized he asked too little.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
sjbartnik wrote:
twistedbug wrote:

Agree.. they are some of the worst pictures I've seen and very incomplete. No engine photo's, interior or under carriage pictures.

If he wouldn't sell it for asking price, he must of gotten hammered with inquires and realized he asked too little.

I don't know, I'd cut him a little slack. If he bought it new, he's gotta be at least as old as I am, camera weren't invented yet, so he may not be too good with one. 11K really doesn't sound that bad if it's as clean as he implies (shitty photos not withstanding). I think I'd be more concerned with it not being driven in the last 18 or so years.
I love that color. I don't know if I'd buy a '72, but there is something neat about them.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

streamr wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
sjbartnik wrote:
twistedbug wrote:

I don't know, I'd cut him a little slack. If he bought it new, he's gotta be at least as old as I am, camera weren't invented yet, so he may not be too good with one. 11K really doesn't sound that bad if it's as clean as he implies (shitty photos not withstanding). I think I'd be more concerned with it not being driven in the last 18 or so years.
I love that color. I don't know if I'd buy a '72, but there is something neat about them.

He did get a lot of emails.
I have been in this situation... If you are close by I would call and set up a time to come see it in person with CASH and close the deal.
If you are not close by you are probably SOL due to the volume.

I assume you mean digital cameras. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
streamr wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
sjbartnik wrote:
twistedbug wrote:

He did get a lot of emails.
I have been in this situation... If you are close by I would call and set up a time to come see it in person with CASH and close the deal.
If you are not close by you are probably SOL due to the volume.

I assume you mean digital cameras. Smile

I wasn't trying to be harsh and figured he was an older gentleman. 72' buses do not get much love or respect in the bay forums. But, if that bus is rust free with a nice interior and is very original and stock, it is worth MUCH MORE than his asking price. I'd say easily north of $20k.

streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

I wasn't trying to be harsh and figured he was an older gentleman. 72' buses do not get much love or respect in the bay forums. But, if that bus is rust free with a nice interior and is very original and stock, it is worth MUCH MORE than his asking price. I'd say easily north of $20k.

No big, I was actually joking about cameras not being invented yet, too. I would have been 22 when these were new. I think you are correct about the higher price, if in as good condition as he says. If I lived closer, I'd be looking at it.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

streamr wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

If I lived closer, I'd be looking at it.

As would I. Very Happy

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

And now for something completely different.

TOP DEFINITION
pipe dream
n : a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe);
' I have this dream about being the king of the universe.'

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1883546

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
And now for something completely different.

TOP DEFINITION
pipe dream
n : a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe);
' I have this dream about being the king of the universe.'

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1883546

I'd translate that ad for you, but it seems you've already figured it out Wink

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

you know...pricing is so subjective.

this is the way I see it...

project bus 1,000-3,000

runner/driver 3,000-8,000

complete original survivor 9,000-15,000

full (I mean every nut/bolt) resto/resto mod 22,500-40,000

^^^^that is for bus/kombi/camper

now for commercial

panel van, single/double cab

project 1,000-2,500

runner/driver 3,500-6,000

survivor truck 8,000-15,000

survivor panel 6,000-13,000

full resto/resto mod truck (s/c-d/c) 20,000-28,000

full resto/resto mod panel 18,000-25,000

my prices are based on practicality...buses will be worth more than commercials any day of the week, and campers a bit more.

some of the prices in the classifieds are just dumb. just because YOU have 20K in body work, 10K in engine/transmission plus parts and labor doesn't make the value go up...I'm sorry it just doesn't work that way.

like anything else in life you have to have someone that wants what you have more than you do.

1/2 of these buses are "cave and pave" restorations with crap products used and a big ticket hung from the window hoping someone will buy it.

in my mind your run of the mill buses being listed in the low to mid teens BETTER PRESENT WELL and be useable as-is. need work for sure but should be road worthy. these shitty buses with a half assed respray and a trashed interior for 14K are just over priced

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 367 of 490

Jump to: