Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

look @ this frig
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pushkick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: look @ this frig Reply with quote

a friend sent this to me to look at for putting in the van, kind of big but has some nice specs on energy usage.

http://www.sunfrost.com/refrigerators_main.html

Last edited by pushkick on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
McVanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: look @ this frig Reply with quote

pushkick wrote:
a friend sent this to me to look at for putting in the van, kind of big but has some nice specs on energy usage.

http://www.sunfrost.com/vaccine_refrigerators.html

Doesn't look like it would that much beer.... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
winkshog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked 200 lb add a little more lean to the drives side Smile
Loghome for sale For those that want to get away from it all....
RGS Paul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check these out, some are fully solid state and some are compressor units. A little pricey but they look nice. As a disclaimer, I have no experience with these coolers. I just found them on the internet and thought I'd pass along the link.

Paul

http://www.bigfrogmountain.com/engel_products.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blood Loss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/images/pdf/5726-750.pdf
This small (26 quart) 12 volt freezer gets down below 0F (-18C) in the heat of summer. Uses 4 amps @ 12 volts. Suppliments the Westy's small frige nicely , because the Westy fridge will not keep ice cream frozen. Oh yeah, costs about $400.
erdonline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: fridges Reply with quote

Best value for the money is still the Vitrifrigo from Commercial Products in FL. The truckfridge brand that they sell (www.truckfridge.com) is essentially similar. So are Isotherm and Waeco, and others, but at more money.

Vitrifrigo goes in with little modification, and with a good deep cycle battery or two (I have 2 115-amp/hour batteries under the back seat) I can go for days with a 40 degree fridge and a working freezer compartment.

Ed in CT
Astro Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: our temporary solution Reply with quote

I'm building an interior this winter, including a fridge, after I decide which one to get. Until then, last spring we bought a Coleman electric cooler and it has served us well on 29 nites camping in the van since Easter. Its $85. Unplug while the van is off, but its kept things cool. When we take the van, we tend to drive a lot (off roading usually) so power supply hasn't been an issue.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[img][/img]
'03 Chevy Astro w/ NP233C 4x4 electronic shift transfer case, 4-5" Overlandvans lift kit, 4:10's w/ Detroit Locker, Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks w/ in-dash remote & onboard air compressor, 255 70R16 AT's, GTRV pop top w/ sleeper, Carefree Awning, Guacho couch, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: