Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-observatory-evacuation-stirs-alien-conspiracy-theories/

FBI agents showed up at the Sunspot solar observatory in tiny Sunspot, New Mexico, on Friday and shut down the facility, evacuating the local area, including the town post office.

"There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers, but nobody would tell us anything," Otero County Sheriff Benny House told the Alamogordo Daily News. "I don't know why the FBI would get involved so quick and not tell us anything."

I'm pretty sure we have a samba member somewhere in that area.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Interesting and yet weird. They will cover it up and we will never know.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Easy explanation in two words: Space Force
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
I'm pretty sure we have a samba member somewhere in that area.

Ask him about it after he is returned to earth following his brain scan and anal probe.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Quote:
Others ... think the security issue may involve a foreign power attempting to use the observatory's antennas to spy on nearby White Sands Missile Range.

Seems reasonable to be this or something similar
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

That's weird but who know what the government does and why.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Official explanation, swamp gas
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Hmmmmm-----I thought the swamp was drained. Confused
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Hmmmmm-----I thought the swamp was drained. Confused

Nope, the drain was swamped!
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Yeah, the dark star is due to make its way around from behind the sun and is headed our way. Guess the pahanna doesn’t think the planet (civilization) is worth saving.
I expect this post to be deleted, I tried to warn uoy.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
Yeah, the dark star is due to make its way around from behind the sun and is headed our way. Guess the pahanna doesn’t think the planet (civilization) is worth saving.
I expect this post to be deleted, I tried to warn uoy.

It's good to see you never change, Rodney.

FU#3
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Well whatever it is we’ve got our best people on it, this I can tell you, believe me 😁
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

An X-files video game was found in trash by a curiosity seeker. lets send post cards there and see if they get returned?? Future collectible
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

I lived in nearby High Rolls and Cloudcroft for a short while in the ‘70’s. My brother did weather observation for missile launches at Holloman AFB. If you look on Google Earth, It looks like there could be a straight line of sight from the mountain where the observatory is down to the Air Force Base and probably the missile range in the desert below.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Well whatever it is we’ve got our best people on it, this I can tell you, believe me 😁

Awesome
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

Security issue supposedly.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article218527420.html

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

What about the other observatories that were closed around the same time? Our government is only sparing us from the horrible foreknowledge of what's coming. Prepare for worldwide anal probing.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Prepare for worldwide anal probing.

Link

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

The truth is out there.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious observatory evacuation stirs alien conspiracy theory Reply with quote

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: