Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quitting smoking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endicott jb
Bondo King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to quit but being in a more stressful area of the world doesn't help at all. Aggrevated like a son of a bitch but hopefully when I come back to the states it'll be easier.

OORAH!!
1965 vw beetle(Mayble)
1968 vw beetle(Caroline)
1974 VW Panel Bus
2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins(Katey)

.|_____|.
(0\_!_/0)
.||......||.

Don't drink and post
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg353/endicott_jb/IMG_20110113_085237.jpg
When life throws you curveballs switch to boomerangs.
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxx wrote:
norcalmike wrote:
Finally did it!! funny thing is, i feel like crap. cant sleep at night, breathing is worse than before and i am sick with a sore throat and an ear infection.
apparently, this is not unusual. well worth it.

F smoking
2-10-10

congrats. it will get better the longer you go. but always remember, you can't even have a drag, no cheating in any form for any reason and you'll never have any regrets.

the loudest excuses are the ones we make to ourselves.
Laughing

popason wrote:
John Miller wrote:
wgargan wrote:
how is the OP doing with this?

Don't ask.

Embarassed

man you gotta want to do it.
getting your mind right and telling yourself ENOUGH is whatcha need.
the quitting helps are just that, helps, not a cure.
no patch, gum, pills or e-smokes or what ever you use will work if you don't have your mind set right.
over 4 years now kicked and still grinning.

i agree. i have tried to quit so many time, i have lost count. i have quit for a couple of days before, a few weeks and even 3 months. but every time i quit, i was sad that i would never have another cig and looked foward to having one someday again or even considered cheating.
i finally got into the mindset that cigarettes are disgusting and i was a scumbag for smoking them. i will never do it again. i was really ready this time.
i am saving 5 dollars a day as a nonsmoker. i am using that savings to take a nice vacation next year.

good luck to all
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraginInk wrote:
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 am Post subject:

9 days after 35+ years of being a slave to the little nasty fuckers.
I was going to quit this time and that time but never wanted to for real, even when the baby was born. Now it's for myself and it's surprisingly a lot easier then I had anticipated. it's NOT easy but I haven't killed anybody yet.

I just ran out of smokes one afternoon at work and said fuck it... haven't had one since.

Still haven't lit up! This quitin' shit might just stick.

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dcdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...like a bandaid...right off!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraginInk wrote:
DraginInk wrote:

I was going to quit this time and that time but never wanted to for real, even when the baby was born. Now it's for myself and it's surprisingly a lot easier then I had anticipated. it's NOT easy but I haven't killed anybody yet.

I just ran out of smokes one afternoon at work and said fuck it... haven't had one since.

Congrats! It's been a few years for me too!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
DraginInk wrote:
DraginInk wrote:

Congrats! It's been a few years for me too!

'Grats back at ya!

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraginInk wrote:
DraginInk wrote:

it better or i'm gonna hunt you down and hang your lifeless body from a flagpole.
Laughing

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldskool7_11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best friend asked me to help him quit, my plan was to kick him in the nuts every time he lit up. needless to say he did not like that plan and still smokes. i'm not sure what his problem was. i am sure if he knew he was going to get kicked in the nuts he would not do it. i do bust his chops every time i see it. hopefully it will get to him soon and he gives it up.
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know lots of people that quit smoking about a week before we put dirt over them.

I knew one guy who had been a professional racer and smoker. In his last couple years he always had a smoke in one hand and his inhaler in the other. He would take a hit off one, exhale and take a hit off the other. All his troubles were caused by the smokes but he still wouldn't stop.

I feel for anyone who has this type of habbit. It's a lot like heroin or other drugs. You can't stop until it kills you.

And it's a slow painful death! In my business I see it first hand.

My advice to anyone who smokes - do what ever you have to do to stop as soon as you possibly can.

Life is better without the problems caused by tobacco.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonF, Type II Diabetes and cigarettes is a certain early death. Just throw those motherfuckers in the trash and get on with your life. As soon as you toss them, you are no longer a smoker, and get healthier every hour. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it, and so does your loved ones.
i_am_cool_fred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started smoking at age 14 (i know i know) met a wonderful woman who really wanted me to quit so we could grow old together. asked me to quit. so, at age 23 i quit, cold turkey. lots LOTS of hard candy and i'm cleared of the habit. i will tell you though, 7 years later, occasionally that urge just comes on strong like you wouldn't believe. the feel of holding it, the smell of that light up, and the sensation is all a big desire. but, being a strong willed individual i ignore the temptation. a strong will is the most important thing in quitting smoking. if you want to quit you can, just gotta be strong. good luck to all that are trying to quit, remember, YOU have the power over it.

Brian Denning, as seen on Gearz TV
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
I know lots of people that quit smoking about a week before we put dirt over them.

I knew one guy who had been a professional racer and smoker. In his last couple years he always had a smoke in one hand and his inhaler in the other. He would take a hit off one, exhale and take a hit off the other. All his troubles were caused by the smokes but he still wouldn't stop.

I feel for anyone who has this type of habbit. It's a lot like heroin or other drugs. You can't stop until it kills you.

My advice to anyone who smokes - do what ever you have to do to stop as soon as you possibly can.

5 years 7 months, no smokes. it was hard but i did it.. all smokers need to quit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxx wrote:
DraginInk wrote:
DraginInk wrote:

it better or i'm gonna hunt you down and hang your lifeless body from a flagpole.
Laughing

That right there is incentive enough to quit just about anything... not the flagpole dead body thing....
But just knowing that Mr. Foxx may be lurking nearby looking... no HUNTING... for me makes me a little more than nervous.

Wink Laughing

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold turkey for me too. I don't want one at all BUT I do have a cigar a few times a year after a hard day on the river chasing trout.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Cold turkey for me too. I don't want one at all BUT I do have a cigar a few times a year after a hard day on the river chasing trout.

I quite cigs with the patch almost 9 years ago. But I will also have a cigar once in a while.

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxx wrote:
drscope wrote:

5 years 7 months, no smokes. it was hard but i did it.. all smokers need to quit.

That's almost exactly when I quit, Frank. An added incentive besides better health is my life insurance policys have me as a nonsmoker. If they find evidence of tobacco in my blood after I go tits up, my beneficiaries won't receive anything. I couldn't do that so I know I'm done with the cancer sticks. Good luck to all who are trying to quit.
JonF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:
JonF, Type II Diabetes and cigarettes is a certain early death. Just throw those motherfuckers in the trash and get on with your life. As soon as you toss them, you are no longer a smoker, and get healthier every hour. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it, and so does your loved ones.

thanks!! i am working on day 2 of chentix and have only had 1 smoke today.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonF wrote:
69 Jim wrote:

just remember,..the loudest excuses will be the ones you tell yourself.
don't give in ,... not even the "oh,..one won't hurt me" excuse... it will.
having your mind right on quitting is the key.
all else will fail if you don't.

i did the patch and did all weeks,.. it helped.
having my mind right helped the most.

good luck!!

my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoking some mary will help you quit the cigs.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
JonF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxx wrote:
JonF wrote:
69 Jim wrote:

just remember,..the loudest excuses will be the ones you tell yourself.
don't give in ,... not even the "oh,..one won't hurt me" excuse... it will.
having your mind right on quitting is the key.
all else will fail if you don't.

i did the patch and did all weeks,.. it helped.
having my mind right helped the most.

good luck!!

thanks for the support foxx.

btw my doc called earlier with my a1c results. i am down to a 5.7 and he wants to lower the dosage of my diabetes med.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 24

Jump to: