Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel Tank Refurb
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
davisshannon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject: Fuel Tank Refurb Reply with quote

While I’m doing my front beam and brakes I figured I’d start refurbing my fuel tank while it’s out. Paint stripper worked a little bit on spots, so I’m going to get the wire wheels out to strip the rest.

Looking at maybe going polished and sealed bare metal as opposed to black.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

wdfifteen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Tank Refurb Reply with quote

I didn't know the filler neck was on the driver's side in Commonwealth countries.

I would do a quick wire brush to get the loose pieces off the bottom and spray it with truck bed liner. Then clean up the top of the tank and paint it satin black.
Good luck, whatever you do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Tank Refurb Reply with quote

Suggest you seal the inside while your at it. Por-15 has a product that works well. have fun.

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
64 Cardboard glove box
64 bug nice used front/rear Black RHD floor mat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: