Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 European Standard, what was OG
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys!
are these square mats small standard rear mats or fronts?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1111838

i will be the future owner of a 1959 standard polizei beetle so i was searching for odds and ends
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the standard model thru 64 and the 1965 "A" sedan and the 1965 Canadian 1200 Custom use the old type of mats that you would find on say a 1955 beetle. Those models above have pans that do not have seat tracks but do have two knobs welded to the pan ( two for each mat ) that the mats snap onto ( the mats (4) have two holes to push over the knobs to hold them in place. Remember those cars mentioned above have two studs welded in the pan for each ft seat instead of seat tracks and there is a claw and wing nut for each stud to fasten to the tube/frame of the seat. Mats look like these;
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/img/wwpn/111863002.jpg
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was referring to the square ones, maybe for the tunnel... not the floor ones
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_RaF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:
No, the standard model thru 64 and the 1965 "A" sedan and the 1965 Canadian 1200 Custom use the old type of mats that you would find on say a 1955 beetle. Those models above have pans that do not have seat tracks but do have two knobs welded to the pan ( two for each mat ) that the mats snap onto ( the mats (4) have two holes to push over the knobs to hold them in place. Remember those cars mentioned above have two studs welded in the pan for each ft seat instead of seat tracks and there is a claw and wing nut for each stud to fasten to the tube/frame of the seat. Mats look like these;

Hi, I think standard floormats are shorter:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I bought it from Classiccult, thank you again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eurodub wrote:
i was referring to the square ones, maybe for the tunnel... not the floor ones

The tunnel mat for a standard (1938-1964) or a 1965 "A" sedan or a 65 1200 Custom are two piece, one one for the front which stops short of the gear shift lever and only covers the tunnel stopping on the sides at the pan the rear piece which covers the tunnel and part of the reinforcement of the pan. Those models also get the rubber cover for the heater control in the 65 model. You can see some of this in the picture of my 65 "A" sedan. I should note that this interior and paint in specific areas and the chrome door handles/oil pressure gauge have since benn returned to stock. Anyroad, check out the tunnel covers;
http://www.pismoderelicts.com/photogallery/new%20format%20834/images/img_0136_edited_1.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/516079.jpg
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VW_RaF wrote:
Helfen wrote:

Hi, I think standard floormats are shorter:

I bought it from Classiccult, thank you again.

Actually I have my original mats for my 65 "A" sedan and when I bought the new mats from W/West they were the same length.
VW_RaF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:

Actually I have my original mats for my 65 "A" sedan and when I bought the new mats from W/West they were the same length.

Ok, I mean they are shorter than those that come under the battery in the previous models without under seat panel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about these 2? they look square to me at least, so... are they for what?

on a side note, i just got my 59 military standard today. will add pics and a thread shortly , i need some hints about what was original or not, maybe someone has had some interaction with military beetles before.

Mihai.
VW_RaF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is not part from VW.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VW_RaF wrote:
I think that this is not part from VW.

I think you are right. I should have mentioned in my last post that my original mats have the VW logo and the VW part number embossed in the mats.
dropped65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my 59 semiphore ragtop

i am picking it up this week along with a us market 59 hardtop that was a baja at one time

from a quick look over the car is on a 66 pan and has 66 doors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
avw1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: 1962 European Standard Reply with quote

I am still gathering parts for my car. I did find the dash pieces in a pile at the Pomona Swap Meet. I couldn't believe it! I purchased a 36hp fresh air muffler. I am going to take the air outlets from a newer fan housing any thoughts? I am going to use a non serial number engine, I have not been to find a correct one for the year. I found bolt down seats at a local meet. The body work is done and to find time to finish it.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 European Standard Reply with quote

avw1973 wrote:
I am still gathering parts for my car. I did find the dash pieces in a pile at the Pomona Swap Meet. I couldn't believe it! I purchased a 36hp fresh air muffler. I am going to take the air outlets from a newer fan housing any thoughts? I am going to use a non serial number engine, I have not been to find a correct one for the year. I found bolt down seats at a local meet. The body work is done and to find time to finish it.

Just a FYI, the 36hp fresh air car (1963-1965 ) uses the 40hp fresh air muffler and heat exchangers which are easily obtainable. The thing to remember about the 36hp fresh air parts that are different from old 36hp engines and 40hp engines is the special intake manifold, some engine tin like the breast plate, a exhaust port spacer to makes the heads the same length as the 40hp heads. These are the things that are different.
avw1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I forgot to mention that my car is 1962. The inside was covered spray glued foam carpet - what a pain. It had wide fibreglass fenders and a weird deck lid, no engine, seats. The guy thought it was a real custom. I saw no body holes etc. and paid the price. I think I saved it from becoming a real mess.
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the left side of the steering colom half way down there are some wires hooked to the colom in one of your pic what's that for???????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandet wrote:
On the left side of the steering colom half way down there are some wires hooked to the colom in one of your pic what's that for???????

Ground for the horn

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/photogallery/new%20format%20834/images/img_0136_edited_1.jpg
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distributor Question.

The 1966 1200A is the first year for a 40hp engine in a "Standard".

Would it have had the wide cap 40hp distributor or the aluminum body 40hp distributor?
www.facebook.com/groups/vintagevwclub/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHG wrote:
Distributor Question.

The 1966 1200A is the first year for a 40hp engine in a "Standard".

Would it have had the wide cap 40hp distributor or the aluminum body 40hp distributor?

Hi Brian, I would say the small cap. How is the 66 project coming. Got any pictures?
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body shop is dinking away at all the rust issues. Maybe when it's in primer I'll get some photos.
www.facebook.com/groups/vintagevwclub/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pdowty68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germanpride wrote:
brycetx wrote:
I scanned some of a 66 standard brochure that I have

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/threespoke/standardkafer/literature/?start=20

along with other pics I've collected in the sub albums. I can scan the full brochure if you like.

Does it have the reserve lever still attached? And that decklid ! post 64 bugs had the center "W" ridges flare out for the wider licence light. But that one doesn't but has the later button lock, and that 1200 emblem! Strange. You would think it would cost more to produce these extra parts.
Does it have model 115 on the ID plate?

Wow, friggin awesome! Is this seriously a fresh-air 36horse?!?!?

Wow thats awesome! I wonder if it has the cooling flaps or the ring. 40hp tin I bet.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: