Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cloth interior thread show off that beautiful interior
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hot damn these are some nice interiors

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JorgeDavidson wrote:
Excellents pics Bob! at the same angle differences are pretty evidents. As usually on you: great contribution!
Jorge

Very Happy Thanks, but I got lucky. ( I didn't take either picture.) Wink
ol36er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this interior on the early standards?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Seat came with an early 55 Canadian Standard project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MargaritaVillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Has anyone seen this interior on the early standards?

Yes!

I've had a couple of '59s with that interior. I would love to know where to get that cloth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66 dormi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MargaritaVillain wrote:

Nice Very Happy so that's what a new oval with brown polks dot cloth looks like!
14 Peterbilt 389 flat top
Range Rover L322
flyertim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just when i thought i had a color scheme picked out...along comes margaritavillain's gorgeous agave/beige interior '57.

i have a question for everybody...here's a picture of my sample card i bought from wolfsburg west:

i've seen beige (tan on the bottom left) and blue. but i have never seen the green or grey. i've looked at a few resources, but nothing lists the green with white polka dot cloth color. the convertibles list a "green" option for a couple of colors, but i suspect this is for the green vinyl. am i wrong? i wonder what agave green with this green cloth would look like....

my '57 rebuild:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369883
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MargaritaVillain wrote:

Beautiful.
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyertim wrote:
just when i thought i had a color scheme picked out...along comes margaritavillain's gorgeous agave/beige interior '57.

i have a question for everybody...here's a picture of my sample card i bought from wolfsburg west:

i've seen beige (tan on the bottom left) and blue. but i have never seen the green or grey. i've looked at a few resources, but nothing lists the green with white polka dot cloth color. the convertibles list a "green" option for a couple of colors, but i suspect this is for the green vinyl. am i wrong? i wonder what agave green with this green cloth would look like....

FlyerTim, thanks a ton for posting this....I haven't seen any of them, but this sure helps. I was wondering whether the bottom row represents the only choices of CLOTH for a 1957 deluxe?
smuenchrath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a 54 oval interior a page back similar to this one:

Our 54 Oval has the original interior which is exactly like the photo above. Does anyone know where you can buy this material from? i've looked on Lenny's website and the samples don't seem to be a match. The stripes seem to be much more narrow on these cars than what is available out there.
MargaritaVillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

left_coast*9 wrote:
flyertim wrote:

FlyerTim, thanks a ton for posting this....I haven't seen any of them, but this sure helps. I was wondering whether the bottom row represents the only choices of CLOTH for a 1957 deluxe?

The cloth samples here look very different than Lenny's found here -> http://www.classicvws.com/material.htm .
Thanks for the compliments on my interior. Lenny's product gives a new meaning to 'hurry up and wait' but damn, its worth it. I also just noticed that the pic with the oval window is actually an old pic with the PO's vinyl beige. I will have to get a cloth n' oval picture tomorrow and amend my post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Harris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Cloty Interior Reply with quote

MargaritaVillain's '57.

Absolutely beautiful. Never a substitute for quality.

Quick question: Did Lenny attach the Ra Bambus tray or did you do it? Trying to see from the photos just how it's done.

Thanks
MargaritaVillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cloty Interior Reply with quote

Harris wrote:
MargaritaVillain's '57.

Absolutely beautiful. Never a substitute for quality.

Quick question: Did Lenny attach the Ra Bambus tray or did you do it? Trying to see from the photos just how it's done.

Thanks

I bought the interior from Lenny and had it professionally installed by Dave Unser of VW Dreams here in Florida. He used a couple of 'L' brackets. I will try to get some pics tomorrow. I am still at work and the car is at home.
flyertim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

i wonder the same thing. all i've seen are the vinyl interiors and beige and blue w/dots fabric installed in bugs.

i took a couple of pictures for reference in case anybody would like the info. i placed the sample card next to my original interior parts. my car is a '57 deluxe...coral red w/beige interior. the first picture is a section of carpet from the rear shelf area next to the wolfsburg west's sample called "beige grey." it looks pretty close, but then again, my car was sitting in a barn for the past 30+ years and it's pretty dirty.

the second picture shows the beige w/dots sample next to one of my rear side panels. it also looked good, except for my og panel being dirty. to the left of the sample was a pretty clean area. this section wrapped around the panel, so i assumed it survived not being exposed to the elements. immediately below the sample, the fabric was dirty with a grey-colored stain.

both pictures were taken out in sunlight...yes, we now have the sun shining in northeast ohio!!!

i don't know who supplies ww with their fabrics and carpet. i would like to get a sample card from lenny (i will probably have him make my interior anyway) just to compare. it doesn't seem to do any good to place the sample card next to the 'puter screen...

btw...the lower half of my sample card (on the side with the carpet) has swatches of sunroof/convertible top material and samples of the beige and light grey headliners. the upper portion of the other side (with the fabric swatches) has the vinyl options. the whole she-bang-a-bang costs a whopping 3 bucks from ww...so the next time you place an order (part number 113863000A), why not get one?... if only for shits and giggles.

my '57 rebuild:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369883
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="flyertim"]
Quote:

Well, apparently the answer to the above question is yes. Talked to Lenny himself yesterday and it was his opinion that the only cloth installed in 56-57 deluxe bugs was the polka-dot pattern. I certainly am not one to argue, plus everything I've seen and heard supports this.
DUBDAWG
Samba Member

Location: Middle of NOWHERE, then go 2miles south , 2nd house on right

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my '56... Lenny Copp interior

left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubdawg, freakin' awesome, thanks for sharin' Congrats on the mag feature article!
On Edit, got any info on the gauge pod, i.e. what do they measure, what brand gauges, what brand pod or holder, how you installed, etc? Bitchin!
MargaritaVillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUBDAWG wrote:

Congrads on the mag feature.
Your '56 interior looks like my '57.
DUBDAWG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

left_coast*9 wrote:
Dubdawg, freakin' awesome, thanks for sharin' Congrats on the mag feature article!
On Edit, got any info on the gauge pod, i.e. what do they measure, what brand gauges, what brand pod or holder, how you installed, etc? Bitchin!

Thanks for the compliment, I purchased my center gauge grill fro Kaefer-Nostalgie. This unit installs in the same location as the stock one and accepts a 80mm tachometer. I used a VDO Cockpit Royale in mine to compliment the voltmeter, oil pressure and temp. gauges I installed under the dash in the polished aluminum pod.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness
Than to beg for permission....
DUBDAWG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MargaritaVillain wrote:
DUBDAWG wrote:

Congrads on the mag feature.
Your '56 interior looks like my '57.

I have since installed tan German Square Weave carpet w/ tan rubber mats.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness
Than to beg for permission....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: