Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Style Jeep-Buggy? Opinions?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: New Style Jeep-Buggy? Opinions? Reply with quote

Just saw one of these today and was wondering what the consensus is on these? They look like rear engined, 2 seaters with a watercooled 3 cylinder Chinese engine. Check it out...and discuss!

https://oreionmotors.com/index.html

My two pennies…your mileage may vary

I’m not a complete idiot, there are parts missing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Roscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheesey, i'd never roll one of those!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nightmanx11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way these are kit cars of fiberglass buggys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoe wrote:
Cheesey, i'd never roll one of those!

I found it interesting that the weight, engine HP and rear engine was similar to buggies. The price point is around 13k and comes with a warranty. Built in USA, fyi.

Of course, if I had 13K to spend on a buggy...(dreamin of the the possibilities)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "hummer" is built for a golf cart chassis. The other is built on a side-by-side ATV chassis.

Cool, but unless you are retired living in the Villages in FL, you cannot drive them on the road like a buggy.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
The "hummer" is built for a golf cart chassis. The other is built on a side-by-side ATV chassis.

Cool, but unless you are retired living in the Villages in FL, you cannot drive them on the road like a buggy.

It would be legal on the streets of Michigan.
RIP Morgan

My photos
http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album92
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostinbaja wrote:
joescoolcustoms wrote:

It would be legal on the streets of Michigan.

Positive Points for MI on the state Cool-O-Meter!

In WV, they are legal, until you are caught.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:

They are being sold here in IL as street legal with street options.

While they arent kit cars or buggies, I just found it interesting where the trend in side-by-sides is heading.

When I talk with Jim at Archway in St Louis, he says that he has never seen as much interest in buggies in 40 years of being in business. He said that knows of around 100 being built. That being said, the price of buggies and VWs have been on the increase. He told me "Get ready to sell yours...you will have offers". He was right. I have been approached a number of times, but I am not selling it. I like it too much.

Finally, it seems that buggies are getting more popular around here as there was one decorated to the nines in lights, presents and candy canes in front of a bar. It was on our way home from "grandmas house" and caught me by surprise...and made me smile.

Merry Christmas to all! Thank you all for your great support and encouragement! Lets hope that next year, the 50th Anniversary of the fiberglass buggy, is one that we will remember fondly with great memories in our buggies!

drs1023
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah!
gr8cobbler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look pretty cool to me, I see an updated Suzuki Samurai. Quite a cult following for Sammy's despite the rollover problems that killed the line. I owned one for $300 and got a parts machine with it that also ran. I was impressed with how tough a little monster it was. They all rusted out terribly in this climate but the mechanicals just kept going. I even thought about dropping a buggy body on for grins but just not a good fit. Here in Iowa you need to drive a couple-3 hours to find any dirt to play in and several of those outlawed full size vehicles, quads only. I wonder if these would be considered full sized because they are streetable? Tandem seating?

I like the concept.

Being a cheap old fart is just a front for my actual lack of money. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: