Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Type 3 today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

avesondm wrote:
To all the amazing people I have met over the last few years, thank you. I sold my 71 SB today. I'm sad but it was time. It went to a good home in Arizona. I hope to continue attending events. What a great group of people you are who keep these cars on the road. Thanks again.

David

It is sad, but time moves on. You will just have to ride shotgun at next years Cayucos Type 3 Rally.....

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

reay wrote:
avesondm wrote:
To all the amazing people I have met over the last few years, thank you. I sold my 71 SB today. I'm sad but it was time. It went to a good home in Arizona. I hope to continue attending events. What a great group of people you are who keep these cars on the road. Thanks again.

David

It is sad, but time moves on. You will just have to ride shotgun at next years Cayucos Type 3 Rally.....

You can ride with me, Dave! Glad it went to a good home.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

It was cold enough today that I could put on my coverall, and a tyvek suit over that, and go rip the headliner out of my '63 Notch. As I have been taking it all apart, I noticed that there was smelly mouse nest detritus falling down. It gave me the creeps. I wore a mask, and safety goggles. Maybe I won't get Haunta Virus. Also ripped the headliner out of my '65 Deluxe 13 window.
cool blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

got some new tires. 175-65 R15. going to attempt to get the front end lowered on Thursday.

i got my dash repaired for $250 bucks. picked up two fenders. my shop buddy gonna do some welding on em around the headlights.
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

scored this early 3 bolt hinge 66 early square the other day and I owned it for about 24 hours....a TRUE BARN FIND for sure. Took me 4 hours to removed all the hay out of it. Too cool for restojohnny so I had to sell it to someone cool enough to own it Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Sometimes the car IS the barn.

2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

reay wrote:
avesondm wrote:

David

Wait, there's going to be a Type 3 rally next year?

Thanks, Dave, for being a part of the last two! I suspect you'll be jonesing for another Type 3 in no time. Smile
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Im ready to Rally. Dave can ride with me and Jimmynotch Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
indiana notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

thanks to Art Parga for an awesome set of well made clear tail lenses I made something cool for my notch today.

http://s277.photobucket.com/user/aleferede/library/notch%20tails

i dont know why the order is screwed up in the link but any how let me know what you guys think. thanks
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Wash Reply with quote

Gave the panelvan a 50th birthday wash

ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Drove it after letting it sit in the garage for a year...a few minor tweaks and it'll be spending more time on the road this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
Drove it after letting it sit in the garage for a year...a few minor tweaks and it'll be spending more time on the road this year.

Niiice.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

squaretobehip wrote:
ataraxia wrote:

Niiice.

Yep!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Got the alignment done, finished the brake bleed (more air in the system), drove it...and then I broke a bolt in the bearing cover. d'oh!

I had to replace a Brazilian Cofap steering damper that was less than a year old and had about 40 miles on it. Leaking and hissing at the cylinder.

chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Took out my old repop dash and installed my "new" one, while I was at it I fixed a few broken/melted wires, repainted my gauges, adjusted my clock so it keeps accurate time, and recentered my steering wheel because it was crooked.

My dash is a lot nicer to look at now. Maybe someday I'll remember to start taking before photos.

Next up is replacing my steering damper, and fixing more hacked shit under the dash.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

In the last two days:

* Replaced all of the seals, gaskets on the rear axle/backing plate after extracting a broken bolt on the bearing cover. I replaced all four bolts as well.

Also replaced the original 50 year old shocks. Check out that VW logo:

* Replaced the two long carburetor rods with ISP manufactured parts. I have to say, they're pretty nice! I might buy another set - they're that good. Then I taught myself how to fine tune the carburetors & lower the idle a bit. I got them balanced and set my spare linkage pieces to the correct length using a tool on loan from another Type 3 owner.

* Chased down a bad bulb contact in the dash - fit the last LED bulbs in the dash.

* Started breaking down pop out windows to see if I can get a pair that'll come apart to be rebuilt. Soaking three pair with Fluid Film to see how far I can get this weekend. The original rubber is 50 years old and coming off - it's probably time, huh?

* Broke down the ignition column I bought a few weeks ago - getting ready for rebuild. Found an original Koln ignition in perfect shape nestled inside:

Car is running great - nice and smooth. Just have to wait for it to stop raining because of the bad window seals so I can drive it more.
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Saturday I replaced my steering damper, and when I took it out I noticed it had a bit of play in it. I took the car out that day and it drove fine but my car has always been a bit squirrelly on the freeway, so I was excited to see how it drove on the way to work Sunday.

Well I drove to work on Sunday and it was almost undriveable, at 55 it started shaking the steering wheel really bad, but above that it quieted down and I was able to drive to work even though the car felt shittier than before.

I got new tires put on the front today and its driveable again. No more wobble.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
Stevo Wide 5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Just got myself a pushbutton Squareback! Looks awesome only interior needs some love!
Started with the cleaning of the interior!
Before

After

Check out my Aircooled blog @ http://stevo.skyblogs.be
Wide 5 Vintage Volkswagen Club
http://www.wide5.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
superalex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

finished my fasty's fiberglass engine trunk cover reproduction
Stevo Wide 5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Did a lot today! Went with all paperwork to Customs to import the 63 Square!
Took it to get inspected and passed with flying colors! Had the car registered!
So we are legally registered and ready to cruise!

Check out my Aircooled blog @ http://stevo.skyblogs.be
Wide 5 Vintage Volkswagen Club
http://www.wide5.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Page 198 of 224

Jump to: