Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I just can't figure out how to do that. I can do it from my PC. But not from Webshots. I don't know how to "copy". Can I just write dow the URL and type it in?
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebapuck wrote:
I'm sorry. I just can't figure out how to do that. I can do it from my PC. But not from Webshots. I don't know how to "copy". Can I just write dow the URL and type it in?

If the URL ends in .JPG you can have your pics inline with your next message. So, get the URL that has the picture and as long as it ends in .JPG, you can create your message here, then click the Img button above, type the URL immediately after the IMG it puts on the page, then hit the Img button again and it puts an ending /img in the text. Then the picture can be seen by us all.

If it does not end in a .JPG, then maybe you have some .JPG pictures on your PC that you can just upload to the Samba's gallery.

Hope that helps.

or if you have a link outside of the Samba that you have pictures at, post that and we can just go to that site is worse comes to worse.

tj

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pix on Webshots. Does not end in JPG.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rebapuck

Two albums. 1975 Eriba Puck.. shows Reba as i got her. Puck improvements.. shows things I have changed.
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

nice looking set up...thanks for the link.

Eriba Puck Sticky
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out how to cleanly mount the new spare to the back tire rack. Not sure if ALL pucks have the same rear bumber tube (I think it was an option) and the new tires I have, although seem the same size as stock tires, was just a tad too large to mount. Bolts on rack did not match up. So, I purchased some 12mm couplings and that kicks the tire out enough where the tire now fits real nicely. In fact IMHO nicer as the tire no longer rubs against the rear of the puck like it was doing before. The extenders kick it out a couple inches so it looks cleaner and it all works nicely. I lined the back of the 14mm washers with some felt so they don't mar up the rims too bad.

So, the tire situation complete. NEXT project....

I wire wheeled rust off the propane tank and when the high winds kick down a notch, will paint the tank. I have new propane rubber hose and so just need to get tank all prettied up, then mount it back on the tank holder (which I need to also wire wheel and paint one day but that will come later). I have some rust on the underside of the stove I need to figure out how to attack. I don't want to mar it up as I want the stove to look nice so will tinker with that also. Then I can get tank filled after painting and try the stove for the 1st time. Will she work??? Smile

tj

Come visit my web site!

Last edited by amishman on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:

nice looking set up...thanks for the link.

Dig'n it Judy.

tj

Come visit my web site!
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice. I don't even have a bumper. At the storage lot, I had to put down a landscape timber to keep the next guy from backing into Reba.
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the back 'bumper' or storage tube was an option. Maybe the tent would go in there?

I just replaced the rear overhead light switch. Radio Shack had the same one I needed so in ten minutes I had lights again.

Nice job on the rear tire mount. I forgot to take pics today of mine for you but it looks like you got it handled. BTW those tires look great, time for an updated pic please Cool

Eriba Puck Sticky
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way would my tent go in there.
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebapuck wrote:
No way would my tent go in there.

Yours is just an awning though, right? Or do you have one of those slick original Puck tents that mounts to the side also?

Tell me more about your awning? Brand, price, where you got it. Looks like it does the job.

My puck has two brackets on the outside of the Puck that my guess were use for such an awning.

Another thing on my list of must gets.

hehehe

tj

Come visit my web site!
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:
yeah the back 'bumper' or storage tube was an option. Maybe the tent would go in there?

I just replaced the rear overhead light switch. Radio Shack had the same one I needed so in ten minutes I had lights again.

Nice job on the rear tire mount. I forgot to take pics today of mine for you but it looks like you got it handled. BTW those tires look great, time for an updated pic please Cool

I thought the same thing about the back tube. Mine is locked shut. The plastic knob is rusted to the hinge so I can't open it. Might have a trillion $$ inside for all I know. Laughing

I bet poles or something go in there. Just would need to do something about rubber seal to keep moisture out. Not sure if at one time there was some rubber that outer metal door bumps up against or what.

Either way, I am happy I have this option. I kinda wish it has a tent too. I know, greedy I am. hehehe

tj

*If wind calms down, I may paint my propane tank and front hitch propane setup. I have rust grinded off and I will do a cheapie spray paint on it to make it look better.

Come visit my web site!
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also purchased from someone here on The Samba an early 70s Eriba Puck Manual. I had that .PDF version but figured for $26 delivered, would be nice to have. I have a feeling my Puck is a 1970, maybe 71. I never can figure it out. The manual might be 72 as some things don't look familiar but the gist of it is good for the puck I have.

tj

Come visit my web site!
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reba came with a huge side tent. I saw the pictures of it, but have never unpacked it. It's too much for just me. It's under my bed along with the childs cot.

The awning I had made by a sailmaker I found with Google. It's about 9 X 7, made of Sunbrella. If I remember correctly, it was about $150 shipped.

Thanks Kelly. I got the picture thing straightened out. Even the sizing.
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention. The awning was made as I specified. 7X9 rectangle. I neglected to allow for the curve at the ends of the awning rail. That means there is a droop all along the length. Interfers with the door and looks so uncool. I've taken the stitches out about a foot at each end and plan to put in a curved piece.
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big tent

The childs cot.

The gas furnace.

amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebapuck wrote:

The gas furnace.

That furnace must be real neat. Where is the fuel tank for it? Some outlet on that side of the puck where you fill it up with?

Very sweet!

And the tent is real cool too.

tj

Come visit my web site!
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's propane. Same tank as stove and fridge.

I also have double glazed windows. Anyone else?
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebapuck wrote:
It's propane. Same tank as stove and fridge.

I also have double glazed windows. Anyone else?

I will have to add a small propane heater sometime. Maybe store under the seat and have it blow into the cabin from a small vent or something. I don't think old Pucks had any of the heating options, did they? Maybe mid 70s and on.

Your puck is a little new than mine and maybe had some cool new updates.

Must be nice waking in the AM when it is cold outside and having some instant heat?

I started painting my propane tank today. One coat of white primer, then started white paint and the damn can is a bad one. I have to now go back into town 20 minutes away and get another one. Argh! Now the wind is picking up again. grin.

At least I got my two Single Cab drums painted with one coat of black heat paint. I don't want them to get all rusty again when I put them back on the SC when I finish brakes.

Off to town and get me some supplies. Maybe so chrome polish to try and clean front face of the Puck stove.

tj

Come visit my web site!
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy it looks great with the tent, and good job with the pix Wink

We used Sunbrella material with our poptop and man is that stuff durable! We will be making our own awning this spring or summer, pending floor fix.

TJ yours looks to me like a '71, imported and outfitted with CA equipment. Take a look at your stove, does it have CA (I forget the city) placard on it? How about the water tank and icebox? Mine does as well as the CA "mobilehome" tag they used back then. I've heard that "most" of the Pucks in the states were imported in '71. There were dealers well before then, but that's just some info I've picked up along the way.

As far as heat goes, the older ones didn't have the heater option...unless you wanted to use your propane stove Shocked which I'm not endorsing Laughing

Eriba Puck Sticky
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:
Judy it looks great with the tent, and good job with the pix Wink

We used Sunbrella material with our poptop and man is that stuff durable! We will be making our own awning this spring or summer, pending floor fix.

TJ yours looks to me like a '71, imported and outfitted with CA equipment. Take a look at your stove, does it have CA (I forget the city) placard on it? How about the water tank and icebox? Mine does as well as the CA "mobilehome" tag they used back then. I've heard that "most" of the Pucks in the states were imported in '71. There were dealers well before then, but that's just some info I've picked up along the way.

As far as heat goes, the older ones didn't have the heater option...unless you wanted to use your propane stove Shocked which I'm not endorsing Laughing

I will now officially call mine a 71 then. Laughing

tj

Come visit my web site!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 96

Jump to: