Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

There are a lot of Eriba Puck owners on this site that are spread out between all sections ie Split Bus, Vanagon, Bays, Beetles etc....

I thought we could stuff them in to an official thread. I've gathered some good threads from the past and linked them below.

If you have pics of your Puck, post up! If you work on it and want help, post up! If you're knowledgeable about these cool accessories, post up please!

Here's the search link for Eriba Puck info:
search thesamba for Eriba Puck

I also picked out a few threads and hot linked them below:

Puck info

poptop replacement material

wiring & bearings

puck misc.

bearings v2

remove table to make bed

tire info

Joe's trailer hitch info

window seals

Photo Search:
Puck

Different Photo Search:
Eriba Puck

Here's a quick pic of mine to help kick it off:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If somebody will post up model year production info, changes etc...that would be extremely helpful.

I also have a bunch of different links but I will add them later if nobody else does.

Eriba Puck Sticky
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some links:

brand new window rubber there's an english button somewhere on their website Very Happy

same site as above, just different page and in english
spare parts

useful page for OG wiring plug owners:
trailer plugs

another wiring plug page just incase yours is like this:
trailer plugs 2

yet another, just to confuse you:
trailer plugs 3

An entire forum in the UK dedicated to Eriba owners:
UK Eriba forum

Pretty cool website showcasing SEALS of ALL types! It is also in the UK but worth a look!
SealsDirect

That's all for now. Please post up if you have more.

Eriba Puck Sticky
Ellectronico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to own a Puck. I'm keeping my eye out. thanks for the links! If anyone is looking for a Fixer-upper there is one in the classifieds for $500. Its just a little Burnt. Crying or Very sad

"you need to lower it", "it would look better lowered", "Slam that bitch!", "That would be a slutty bitch if it was lowered", "That bitch would be a bitchin bitch of a bitch bitch bus if it was on its nuts, bitch"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I am not sure about is new threads. Are we supposed to post all new threads here in this one or click the links provided and append to those?

This seems more like a stickie to me.

I have added a couple things by coming here 1st and then clicking your link but then those are all still all over the place. hehehe. They will pop up elsewhere as new activity but no one will know here there was an update.

So, I am not sure what the best way to collect and have one central place unless Everett (hint hint) makes a new forum for ALL trailers. Trailers have to be licensed and all so they are kind of a vehicle I guess. Definitely not a Accessory or Memorabilia. Although I guess to some maybe. Cool

Anyway, would be cool if there was a trailer forum for all the cool single wheel, dual wheel, and little campers that all us VW nuts pull behind old VWs.

Anyway, if no new forum for trailers, I am not sure what the best way and place to post new stuff.

Great idea though with all the links above. Rock solid and thanks for taking the time to compile. Helps for sure. I just don't know where to post new or updated info still. Laughing

tj

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask for a trailer forum rather than just a trailer specific thread but it's all good. I figured I would just start this and try to run with it. TJ I know you have some long threads about yours and I'm taking a guess here that Admin/mods won't mind you continuing on with yours if you want, again, me guessing.

If you check out the first link where I searched for Puck threads, they were all over the place. I figured accessories seemed like a good idea at the time and it was suggested by Everett as well.

Now as far as tires go, my neighbor has an older American pop-up trailer that runs the same size tires as my Puck (stock rims) and they're called Carlisle (I'll look again.) I'm not certain if they're still making them or not but I'll look into that and post up.

Eriba Puck Sticky
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been working on my Puck and even hitched her up for the 1st time in about 2 to 3 years and tested her towing. Getting it ready for camping this year. Bearing job seemed to do the job. I did not drive super far but no signs of grease coming out anymore. I have a feeling past owner just did not seat the seal proper and it was on the outside of the axle hub instead of inside. Anyway, so far so good.

Gave the Puck it first bath in like 25 years. Was last registered 1979 by past owner and the guy that sold it to me on behalf of the PO wife I think just hosed it down and clean pigeon poo off it <grin>

Need to paint my 10" rims and get her mounted on those soon. I am riding the little 8" wheels and tires that the previous owner put on there. They are basically new but I wanted stock 10" so that is what will happen.

Removed propane tank and hoping local propane place will replace whatever is needed on it so I can use it again. I need to sand that down also and paint it.

Tinkered with inside lights. Back one works, front one does not. New bulb did not help. Will tinker more later.

Lots more to do but it is usable now. Need to do pop top material sometime and some body work to remove scraps and some dents if I want it to look real purty.

So, progressing nicely.

tj

A few new pics.

Come visit my web site!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent job! I hope you'll get to enjoy it a lot this year!

When are you going to do the pop top canvas? Just to cover what I told you via pm:
Quote:
I will say that the top is no fun if you plan on replacing the material. We went with a Sunbrella material, very durable. My wife is into sewing so she did all the measuring and cutting. A tip from her would be to get enough extra material just incase, not too much, but maybe a foot extra or so. The biggest tip I have is to MARK the front of the dome and the frame with FRONT & BACK! Trust me on this! Ours is currently backwards and when popped up it looks like it's leaning forward a little. Also mark which hinges are front and back. They look the same but ours has a slightly different angle to them.

Top off:

Brittle insulation under the headliner material

New waterproof material from local boat/canvas place: (will work on my cutting ability Laughing )

The reason my wife suggest adding some extra material to your calculations, note the extra patch on the front: (added note, she still did a great job Wink )

finished product: we'll fix the reversal issue this spring

Eriba Puck Sticky
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:
excellent job! I hope you'll get to enjoy it a lot this year!

When are you going to do the pop top canvas? Just to cover what I told you via pm:
Quote:
I will say that the top is no fun if you plan on replacing the material. We went with a Sunbrella material, very durable. My wife is into sewing so she did all the measuring and cutting. A tip from her would be to get enough extra material just incase, not too much, but maybe a foot extra or so. The biggest tip I have is to MARK the front of the dome and the frame with FRONT & BACK! Trust me on this! Ours is currently backwards and when popped up it looks like it's leaning forward a little. Also mark which hinges are front and back. They look the same but ours has a slightly different angle to them.

Thanks for all your pics.

I don't plan on doing canvas this year. Mine has rips at some of the zippers that go the full length but will get me by until future. We will use it as is until I can afford to do it.

I am starting brake work on my 1960SC now also so that will take my $. I will slap the new tires on my puck before summer when I can paint the rims and use it this way for now.

tj

Come visit my web site!
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you Puck owners running a battery in their Puck? What model battery, size, and does it get charged while driving? Curious how the battery works in the Puck and does it just drive the one light next to the stove and that it or does it drive other stuff?

tj

Come visit my web site!
cookiemonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: On my wish list. Reply with quote

Thanks for the thread. I'm slowly learning about the Puck scene with lots of interest. Looking to purchase my first one this year. The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting dimensions in order to get a realistic shipping quote to Florida from say UK. Any of you have any knowledge of the pitfalls in bringing one over?
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: On my wish list. Reply with quote

cookiemonster wrote:
Thanks for the thread. I'm slowly learning about the Puck scene with lots of interest. Looking to purchase my first one this year. The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting dimensions in order to get a realistic shipping quote to Florida from say UK. Any of you have any knowledge of the pitfalls in bringing one over?

I don't, sorry. Mine was a local "barn-find". I have never imported anything over. I think you would be cheaper to buy one of the ones now on sale here on The Samba. I see a few.

They are fun. Can't wait to actually use mine. Owned it about 3 years and now finally gonna use it.

tj

Come visit my web site!
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: On my wish list. Reply with quote

cookiemonster wrote:

there's a few in the classifieds stateside, though I'm sure you looked at them already. I would imagine that it would be close to the cost of shipping a bus, though a Puck without a load is 660lbs, so it may even be cheaper than a bus. That helps eh? I'd search the forums for cost of shipping a bus, then figure it out to be slightly less (assumption) and you should be in the ball park.

Eriba Puck Sticky
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pix of my hitch set up. Since my bus is a little low I decided to cut through the bumper and have a receiver style hitch. My bumper was/is roasted anyway so I didn't mind a little cutting. I know, I'm a hack. Wink

boxed in bumper brackets, receiver style hitch set up. yes the weakest link is still where the set up mounts to the bus, but this is definitely strong enough for a 660lb. puck. I added tape around the hole to finish it off for now, until I fab a plug for when I'm not towing.

Eriba Puck Sticky
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:
Here are some pix of my hitch set up. Since my bus is a little low I decided to cut through the bumper and have a receiver style hitch. My bumper was/is roasted anyway so I didn't mind a little cutting. I know, I'm a hack. Wink

boxed in bumper brackets, receiver style hitch set up. yes the weakest link is still where the set up mounts to the bus, but this is definitely strong enough for a 660lb. puck. I added tape around the hole to finish it off for now, until I fab a plug for when I'm not towing.

Real nice.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

My rims are about painted now. 1 coat primer, 2 coats paint. I am debating adding one more layer of paint. Maybe tomorrow. Then off to get the tires mounted maybe Friday.

Also had my propane tank updated and recertified ($50 later) so I can use it in stock holder. I need to sand off surface rust and repaint and then get it filled and ready for use. I may need to pull the stove though. The hose at the nipple that mounts in the side of the puck is not budging and I can't get it off. I guess I need to pull the stove so I can hold the other side of that fitting with a wrench so I can get the old crappy hose off. Plus I guess I should inspect all the old fittings anyway soo....

tj

Come visit my web site!
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea on inspecting those hoses. I'd hate to see all the hard work you've been doing go up in flames. I wish I had the stock propane bottle however the previous owner did weld up a nice cradle for a full size (bbq style) propane tank, so I guess that will get me through the weekends. The only bad part is I don't have a spot for the front wheel jack.

BTW, I'm working on gathering all my info that I have for Pucks and posting it here, i.e. year models w/pix etc... we just need to recruit a few more Puck people in this thread Wink

Oh and thanks to Admin/mod that made this a sticky Very Happy

Eriba Puck Sticky
Aaron
Samba Luddite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great this thread is running. I just posted some reference pictures from when I had my Puck apart to install a new floor.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...t_dir=DESC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you posted those Aaron, in my last post I was going to mention I was getting ready to redo my floor and beef it up like you did. I'll wait until after the show next month since I want to camp there.

These are great reference shots:

Did you add the on-board battery charger?

Eriba Puck Sticky
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:

Did you add the on-board battery charger?

What year is your Puck Aaron?

Mine does not have all this good stuff. I have a battery holder that tightens in a battery (for me to find still) and the switch that allows battery from Puck or Car. Also has that main on/off junction box. Not all this other nifty stuff.

tj

Come visit my web site!
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you Puck owners have this small black outlet on the side of you rear light? Maybe some special 12v DC outlet. Looks like it has 2 prongs. The opposite side has the 110v outlet so I wonder how and what could connect to this left side? Some special 12v goodies. Wonder what kind of adapter would work on this?

tj

Come visit my web site!
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I don't, matter of fact my rear light doesn't look like that at all. Interesting. I have a regular style outlet that is mounted on the headache cabinet above the rear window. I imagine these trailers are like VW's in that over the years strange things were added to them or removed because of either lack of parts or convenience.

Eriba Puck Sticky
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 96

Jump to: