Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rippers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I picked up my first Puck, got a load of stupid questions for you guys.
I always wanted one and if I'm honest I bought it a bit on a whim and didn't view it before collecting.. not sure whether to persevere with it or move it on as I may have bitten off more then I can chew.

Its a 1963 according to the plaque and it came with some paperwork (original bill of receipt?)

I like it as its an early one but then it has a lots of the original parts missing and its bit modified. Sadly the table and shelf are missing, a fridge as been put in very badly although the doors and shelf that where removed have been supplied with it along with the piece that goes on the end of the bed. A 12v leisure battery and hookup with consumer unit.
The door hinges are bodged/wrong and I've been looking at other 63's and they have bullet rear lights? are my lights wrong? Looking at your Pucks you have side markers but thats probably a US thing? Also missing a number plate light cover.
Also the interior walls are dreadful looks like cheap carpet glued on.

Some pics

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

First question might be a weird one but I noticed the early ones don't have brakes of handbrake or a shock absorber on the hitch. Is this a good or bad thing?

I have pearl white 64 split and a sumatra green/pastel white white Latebay. I'm a bit of a westy fan so was thinking as it has a lot of original bits missing inside and I don't like the curtains and trim was thinking of going westy style to match my Latebay and it needs a re paint so could match it up?

The two biggest issues I have with the Puck are the windows, the front plastic one is crazed and the rear one has been sealed in so doesn't open Sad

Where on earth would I find replacement windows and catches etc?

anyway have a look at the pics and point out what else is wrong lol
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drb007 wrote:
...I need the plastic trim that goes around the aluminum trim strips, as well as the rubber for the windows, door and pop top. Alt Eriba seems to not exist online anymore. Is there another source for these parts?

I just received this e-mail from Alt-Eriba yesterday...

i´m sorry you did´nt heard about your request. i stayed on holiday an than i forgot you,... sorry?
but you can see i understand you and if you want you can write in english.
The way is: i send you a confirmation of order with the total cost (28,-Euro) and an account for paying. When the money recieved i will send you the parts.

best regards

Cornelia Gösser
Strandbadstr. 12
42929 Wermelskirchen

Tel.: 02193/500564
Mail: [email protected]
www.eriba-ersatzteile-goesser.jimdo.com

Nice that we can communicate in English and that they have an account now, instead of International Money order arrangement I've read about in the past.

I have not done business with them yet, but intend to. I'll let all know how that goes.

Here's a list of their parts for sale, ( you'll have to translate it yourself)...

http://eriba-ersatzteile-goesser.jimdo.com/ersatzteilliste/

Peace, Greg
The banker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rippers,
Not having an overrun brake isn't an issue if your pulling with a camper.
You will have to have a new front window made. Not tricky take the old one to a plastic fabricator and ask them to make a copy. The sort of place that makes acrylic display stands is what you need.
For all spares try either Jandi in Scotland or Heiner at eribabasar. de who speaks good English and takes PayPal. He has posted on here As Trollpuck
I would guess your lights are not original. But their is lots of info on Heiner's website.

Good luck

Simon
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
JackW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the two Eribas together for a family photo

I've got to fix the parking brake on the Puck and clean and polish both trailers.
drb007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back a couple of pages on this thread there was discussion about Little Guys Trailer in CA selling a Meerkat, essentially an exact copy of the Puck. I just called Erik at the dealer and had a nice conversation with him. I was curious if they had any parts availabilty for us restorers. The quick answer was no, as they sourced all of their own stuff. That said, he did share the history with me. They realized the demand for the Puck, and the lack of availability. Further, as Eriba doesn't export to the US, getting a new Eriba is very difficult. So, they went out and found what he called a "Fred Flintstone" basketcase Puck, stripped it down and copied it. He has one guy named George that builds the entire thing. They just started selling them this year, and when I asked him how sales were, he said, "hey, I have guys calling from WI!" (that's me...)
They dropped the asking price on the first few down to $12,xxx ish to try to boost sales. I made the recommendation that if they can't customize the interior to match our old VWs, maybe they could sell them at a discounted price and leave the interior bare of fabric for us to finish to match our vehicles.
Anyway, Eric was a very nice guy, and admitted readily that this is an obvious direct copy of the Puck. He also gave me George's number!
I need the pebbled sheet aluminim for the front of the puck and can't find it anywhere. If none of you have a lead, I am going to call George and ask him where he gets the sheets for the Meerkat!
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drb007 wrote:
Eric was a very nice guy, and admitted readily that this is an obvious direct copy of the Puck.
I need the pebbled sheet aluminim for the front of the puck and can't find it anywhere. Meerkat!

Good stuff, thanks for the follow up.

The gravel guard is certainly a strange cratered style design that may be near impossible to find. Maybe a good aluminum diamond sheet metal may be the ticket. I think that's what the Meerkat is sporting.

Peace,

Greg
drb007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, they are using a pebbled sheet product, not a diamond version. That's what got me so excited, as it is damn close the original, and I can't find it anywhere. Now I know it exists.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drb007 wrote:
Nope, they are using a pebbled sheet product, not a diamond version.

Looks like your man George might come in handy for intel.

Let us know if he seemed cooperative with revealing his sources. Very Happy

Peace,

Greg
drb007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left an English message on his spanish voicemail. No call back yet.
xavi_242
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple pics from this holidays...

68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xavi_242 wrote:
a couple pics from this holidays...

Awesome photos, always nice to see a Puck in action!

Hope to post some of my own here soon. Taking our Puck on it's maiden/shake down cruise this coming weekend out to the Mojave.

The wife is over loading her with glamping crap in preparation, (Flamingos, bobbles ect.). Shocked Should be interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace,

Greg
pitbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Tire size and Repack bearings Reply with quote

Hello! I just scored a ready to camp and tow 1968 PUCK!!! the owner says he will repack the bearing and has extra set to throw in which is wonderful, my concern is I will be towing home 1800 miles, should I repack them at the halfway point? Also he said the door seal/gasket is shot, where could I find one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xavi_242
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just loaded the Puck and Westy for this weekend meeting. I love to use them as they are deserved...

The Puck is so useful to carry all the swap meet stuff... Smile

Will post pics next week! Looking forward Wink
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitbug wrote:
Also he said the door seal/gasket is shot, where could I find one?

For the seal I'd contact 'trollpuck' here on the Samba. I just received a whole slew of seals from him. He seems to have everything, and was quick to respond to my inquiries.

Here's his site...
http://www.eribasar.de/restauration/fenstereinbau/festfenster/

Google translate has a free service that translates the site from German to English. 'trollpuck' understands and writes English, so no barrier there. He has the door seals as well as damn near everything else.

This weekend when I have time I'll post more about my goody box from Germany.

PM "trollpuck" from here on the samba, that's how I originally got ahold of him.

He has complete package deals; all trim pieces as well as all the window seals and he already knows the lengths needed. He also sells individual seals by the meter.

Peace,

Greg

Last edited by 68Bug-lite on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:45 am; edited 3 times in total
pitbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

68Bug-lite wrote:
pitbug wrote:
Also he said the door seal/gasket is shot, where could I find one?

Here's his site...

Google translate has a free service that translates the site from German to English. Heiner understands and writes English, so no barrier there. He has the door seals as well as damn near everything else.

This weekend when I have time I'll post more about my goody box from Heiner.

I'd PM "Trollpuck" from here on the samba, that's how I originally got ahold of him.

He has complete package deals; all trim pieces as well as all the window seals and he already knows the lengths needed. He also sells individual seals by the meter.

Peace,

Greg

Thanks so much Greg!!

Last edited by pitbug on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
holg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eribasar was my source when I restored my Puck. The pre-owner of the puck bought the most stuff there, and I was able to get the plastic trim profiles for the table and furniture from him - he started the reproduction just in time I needed it most. Very nice guy, my absolute recommendation!

Cheers,

holg

http://64puck.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo!

To add to what holg just posted...

20 lbs. of Eriba seals arrived from Germany (Eribasar) thanks to 'trollpuck'!

As pointed out many times earlier in this forum, most Eriba owners here in the States either do without, improvise, or make do with something that works; as Puck parts are practically nonexistent.

The seals offered by 'SealsDirect' in the UK are only for the front and side windows and only come with a black locking strip, so you would lose the original look of the white trim strip that goes around the windows. Eriba-Registry,(kind older couple who sell parts and seals) only have the black as well and are pricey after all the bank transfer fees.

I recalled earlier in this thread, (about 30 pages ago) a gentleman posting from Germany who seemed to know about Eriba restoration and offered window rubber. After contacting 'trollpuck' I was delighted to hear he not only has the seals, white locking strip, and sells by the meter; but also has package deals!

He has a seal package that outfits ALL the windows,(including the complex back pop-out window) with a choice of white, ivory or black locking strips. No leg work because he knows the lengths needed for the various years and models. Comes with the tool needed for the locking strip thrown in as well.

There's also a red trim package that has everything including all the hard to source pieces that are between the aluminum trim and the body. Again he knows what you need and the lengths. Even comes with the fender welt between the gravel guard and body!

Knowing what is needed, and their lengths is half the work; and trollpuck has done all the figuring.

Here's his site that can be translated through Google Translate:

Peace,
Greg
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
Looking for suggestions, With the Puck mounted onto my Squareback it sags down a bit, What would be a good cure for this, Coil over shocks ? or ??

wythac wrote:
Hmmm..my buggy sags maybe an inch. I've got pretty stout shocks on the rear though. I would think some adjustable air shocks so your car doesn't ride like a stagecoach when you aren't towing....

Update: Picked up a set of Gabriel 49307 HiJackers Rear Shocks (adjustable Air Shocks) The install was easy, rides nice and The Squareback now rides level with the Puck !

Available at Autozone, http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Gabriel-HiJ...5159_6636_
as well as Summit, ebay, amazon, etc, etc,

Last edited by empiracer on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
pitbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
empiracer wrote:
Looking for suggestions, With the Puck mounted onto my Squareback it sags down a bit, What would be a good cure for this, Coil over shocks ? or ??

wythac wrote:
Hmmm..my buggy sags maybe an inch. I've got pretty stout shocks on the rear though. I would think some adjustable air shocks so your car doesn't ride like a stagecoach when you aren't towing....

Update: Picked up a set of Gabriel 49307 Beetle HiJackers Rear Shocks, The install was easy, The Squareback rides level now with the Puck

That's cool!! I can't wait 2 more weeks I'll be driving 30 hours to Oregon picking up my puck!!
rebapuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome all the resources you guys are ferreting out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 81 of 96

Jump to: