Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil Perssure Problem!!
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmerflyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Oil Perssure Problem!! Reply with quote

Good day to all. I rebuilt my 1969 type 1 last year and haven't ran it because of a oil problem. First off it is a 1600cc engine with a case with both pressure relief valve and pressure control valve. Here is the problem, the engine runs fine but the oil pressure at cold start is low at idle (oil light on) and will build to around 20 psi when driving, but when warm it has a hard time getting to 10 psi when crusing at 55 mph. I am running 10w30 oil, which is not low, new oil senor, new oil pump, new oil relief valves (that is not stuck). I will replacing the oil pump cover this weekend. That is the last thing in the system that I can think that would be causing this problem. Any other soultions or advice?
Thanks Timmerflyer
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use a new case or have your case line bored prior to the rebuild?its possible your main bearing saddles are worn,allowing pressure to drop between the case and bearing...try a 26mm oil pump...if that dont do it,try a 30mm pump...these pumps pump a higher volume of oil to make up for an internal leakage issue.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: