Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Let's Play, WTF is That!?!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

vdubyah73 wrote:
That is a funeral car, for the flowers.

Bill

I wondered that- but didn't see another just like it when searching funeral Caddys on Google. Probably just a different coachmaker than usual I guess..

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:

Bill

I wondered that- but didn't see another just like it when searching funeral Caddys on Google. Probably just a different coachmaker than usual I guess..

I believe you were right the first time. Roof is wrong, as is the box. Google up "1954 Cadillac Coupe de Fleur" to see the real thing.
rusty busty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
hitest wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:

Bill

I believe you were right the first time. Roof is wrong, as is the box. Google up "1954 Cadillac Coupe de Fleur" to see the real thing.

Interesting. Because it has collectors plates it's supposed to be original/factory to get those and as far as I know they're usually pretty strict. From the icbc website:

Collector plates may be used on cars, light trucks and motorcycles.​ However, replicar, replikits (kit car), cab or chassis, vehicles with an aftermarket body not manufactured by the original manufacturer, or motor homes do not qualify for a collector plate.
http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/collector-mods/Pages/Collector-vehicles.aspx
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Better call the RCMP.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

rusty busty wrote:
iowegian wrote:
hitest wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:

Bill

Interesting. Because it has collectors plates it's supposed to be original/factory to get those and as far as I know they're usually pretty strict. From the icbc website:

Collector plates may be used on cars, light trucks and motorcycles.​ However, replicar, replikits (kit car), cab or chassis, vehicles with an aftermarket body not manufactured by the original manufacturer, or motor homes do not qualify for a collector plate.
http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/collector-mods/Pages/Collector-vehicles.aspx

Do they have an historical vehicle expert who investigates whether the vehicle fits the description?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
rusty busty wrote:
iowegian wrote:
hitest wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:

Bill

Do they have an historical vehicle expert who investigates whether the vehicle fits the description?

Generally yes, they are really sticky on most cases and will toss you for wrong hub caps or an aircleaner, but at the same time many are done only from owner submitted photos so the 75 Ford pickup with the bondo loaded diaper look and a fresh coat of Tremclad sometimes slips through as well. Perhaps the Caddy owner had some documentation to verify it's provenance?, or maybe it's under the "modified collector" status available to late 50's and earlier cars, that's usually for reserved for old school hot rods but the rules seem a little loose from what I've seen on the roads. like many things in life you have to be a member of the right club or know someone Wink Confused

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very Happy

Quality kit-car shut lines. Wink Laughing
It's not a kit car its a car built from plans from a 1980 magazine that called it a Trimuter. It's made of plywood and covered in fiberglass.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
It's not a kit car its a car built from plans from a 1980 magazine that called it a Trimuter. It's made of plywood and covered in fiberglass.

In one of the photo captions it is referred to as the UrbaSport Trimuter. The plans are still available from one of the article's authors, Robert Q. Riley, for $95.

With a roof height of only 45" I would be afraid that a driver of a Ford F-150, with a roof height of 77", would not be able to see me as he changes lanes to his right. Even that Pinto looks like a giant by comparison.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

probably corners as well as a Reliant Robin
which isn't very good
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

^ yep. Hugely unstable, unless you do the electric version with the battery pack running low and down the middle. Knew a guy who had built the gas powered version... didn't quite tip as much as the Reliant, but wasn't very good in corners. Looks great on paper though!
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

This one has a 16 horse power 4 stroke engine, it tops out at 68 mph. It isn't a stable vehicle but its design allows it to fall on its side instead of rolling. Now getting into a crash with a F350 would certainly cause more than a little damage. I don't recommend a Trimuter to a young family looking for a safe daily. Laughing
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

The mother and sister of the guy who owned our property before we bought it
WTF is the car?
Hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

early to mid twenties model T pickup truck would be my guess.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

good one
it is a Model T
I found what is left of it with a 3M Western Red Alder tree growing between the frame rails
Cheers
Hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Da TOW'D wrote:
a 3M Western Red Alder tree
Hank

?

I thought 3M made tape and post-it notes.
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

I should have spelled it out.
It wasn't the tree that they get Duct tape from
Hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Sounds like a metric thing because your in Canada . In Idaho they say 30 feet even though it isn't far from you. Surprised he needs clarification, must be the fancy beers. Very Happy I wonder if the avatar is him or just some saturday night samurai? Surprised
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Sounds like a metric thing because your in Canada . In Idaho they say 30 feet even though it isn't far from you. Surprised he needs clarification, must be the fancy beers. Very Happy I wonder if the avatar is him or just some saturday night samurai? Surprised

No need for fancy beers, numbers count though. That may have had an effect.

I am thick, not 3M thick, but thick nonetheless. I grew up 1/2 mile from a 3M (formerly Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing) tape plant in central Minnesota so it is hard for me to read that combo of number and letter any other way.

Lots of Western Red Alder trees here, too. In fact I trimmed my house with it.

There is a 1923-ish Model T truck about a mile from my house. Guy wants to sell. He has had it for over 40 years. HMMMM....
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:

No need for fancy beers, numbers count though. That may have had an effect.

I am thick, not 3M thick, but thick nonetheless. I grew up 1/2 mile from a 3M (formerly Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing) tape plant in central Minnesota so it is hard for me to read that combo of number and letter any other way.

Lots of Western Red Alder trees here, too. In fact I trimmed my house with it.

There is a 1923-ish Model T truck about a mile from my house. Guy wants to sell. He has had it for over 40 years. HMMMM....

I deal with 3M industrial and medical products every day....and I took it the same way Laughing
Ray
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Watching "The American Side" tonight. Movie was so-so.

Lots of cool old cars in that film though. What's this one?

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Page 339 of 410

Jump to: