Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

riccardo - [email protected] - VKS-PARTS.com
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought an NOS barndoor cargo door handle from riccardo. it took some time to get from italy but it arrived and is a very nice, truly NOS piece.

thanks riccardo!

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a couple nice items from Riccardo and am very happy with them. He was a pleasure to deal with, and would reccomend him anytime.

Thanks EH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fishynos72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone,
a while ago i bought what was advertised as a NOS split beetle spedo pod complete with ignition, jewels and switches from VKS parts, who said in the add New old Stock, they even sell stickers that proclaim they only sell New old Stock. It was also listed under New old stock parts section of the website.
The price matched the product too. It was by no means cheap.

When it finally arrived it was obvious that it wasn't New old stock. It had been badly re-painted at some point, all the components had over-spray all over them, and the face of the pod had hair and dirt in the paint. Also it had been dropped at some point because the Bakelite cover on the back of the ignition had a large chunk taken out of it. (it wasn't done during shipping either)

Disappointing with the false advertising, i had recommended friends to the site in the past, one of whom spent 5k on his first visit to the site. And i didn't expect this, will not be buying from again.

cheers Jordan

1972 1302
1973 type2a
1957 type11
2005 Caddy panel van
2006 Golf R32
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
riccardo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised to read that, we reached a deal over the speedo pod after many pictures (all the ones you requested) and all in hi res. Also I did not hear from you ever again and deal was done several weeks ago if not months. Now I read on this forum that you are unsatisfied and state that the speedo was not nos. Sorry but this sounds quite unexplicable if not suspect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fishynos72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^sorry but you have the wrong customer in mind. we didn't ask for any photos and you never sent us any. we went off the photos on your website, none of which showed the damaged section on the back or any details of the respray. We also sent you an email to let you know it had arrived, i believe my boss even mentioned it was advertised incorrectly. Yes it was a while ago, doesn't change what happened.
And we never heckled or 'came to a deal' on it. We paid the full advertised price.
This is a feedback thread, and I am giving feedback based on my experience and what was advertised as NOS was far from it.

Look We're not going to sue you over it. we're just disappointed that's all.

1972 1302
1973 type2a
1957 type11
2005 Caddy panel van
2006 Golf R32
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwovalguy wrote:
Just bought a couple nice items from Riccardo and am very happy with them. He was a pleasure to deal with, and would reccomend him anytime.

Thanks EH

My first transaction went well with Riccardo, however my second one isn't going so well. He has had my $ for over a month and has failed to give me a tracking # and won't answer my emails...

I will post all the details if i don't hear from him soon....I still have hope
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwovalguy wrote:
vwovalguy wrote:

Thanks EH

My first transaction went well with Riccardo, however my second one isn't going so well. He has had my $ for over a month and has failed to give me a tracking # and won't answer my emails...

I will post all the details if i don't hear from him soon....I still have hope

Still nothing from this guy!!!! I would recommend waiting to see if he can get his act together before doing business with Riccardo Tosi. Will not give me a tracking # on a couple large $ items that he received payment for over a month and a half ago. Riccardo claims that the items are with customs.......I ask for the tracking # and no reply!!!

I have all the emails leading up to this.....what do you guys recommend?

Mike
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to do from your end but I will email him about this issue.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I'm not sure what to do from your end but I will email him about this issue.

Thanks Everett,

I've had hundreds of successful transactions on this site and have only had a couple failures in the 10+ years on here........this one is too much $ to ignore.

I will update any progress when he provides me with an actual tracking # with my name and address on it........so far it's all been talk. I run my business a little different, when a customer isn't happy, I'm all over it to rectify the problem right away.

Mike
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my last post I received some hope....we'll see if he comes through.

Mike, good morning.
The parcels do not have a valid track # anymore,
their journey is still at the customs and I need to
go there and pick them up and resend them.
Luckily I do not need to pay again but shippers
drop the track # in this situation because the parcel
gets to a stop where they cannot "restart".
Customs are not operated by shipper obviously.
The reason behind my being so late is that custom
warehouse is about 60 miles from where I live and I
will have the time to get the van and pick them up
(and provide them with the requested paperwork) only
on friday.
I have already set up a new delivery on friday afternoon.
At that stage the new track # will be immediately available.
Thanks again for understanding.

Best regards

Riccardo
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received my items from Riccardo.....Thanks TheSamba.com
Thanks Riccardo.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after the first debacle with Riccardo, we hammered everything out-he had what appeared to be a reasonable explanation...so, I give him another shot and buy a few things. Transaction goes smoothly-I order, he ships, I receive the parts.

May 2, 2012, I buy a used but VGC ignition column from him for 90 euro-including shipping. I ask him to tell me how he's going to ship it as I might not be home but that someone is house sitting and will retrieve the package or sign for it.

May 4, 2012, he sends me an email to say that the box will arrive in a few days (later he says that FedEx attempts delivery on 5 May).

May 19, 2012, I send Ric an email and ask where the column is because I don't have it. He says he shipped it to me. I call FedEx and find out that the package is on its way back to Italy. I send Ric an email and let him know that it's coming back.

May 25, 2012, I send Ric an email asking if he's received the package.

May 28, 2012, Ric tells me that he is charged for the return shipping and that it'll cost another 45 euro to return it to me. I send Ric another 45 Euros to cover the shipping cost to return the part to me-I figure I'll share the cost.

May 29, 30 and June 1, we exchange emails discussing the information we've individually learned about the shipment via FedEx. I ask him if he's returned the shipment.

June 5, 2012, Ric replies and says that he's shipped the part.

June 11, 2012, the box arrives and it's 4x the size of the column. The key is still in the ignition and it's bent. Little pieces of bakelite fall out of the box with the one piece of bubble wrap that's floating around in the box. I take pictures and email them to him-showing the damaged parts. The turn signal arm is mounted to the column, although it's somehow not broken.

His reply:

riccardo tosi
Jun 12

to me
Thanks Josh, sorry for everything that happened, I do take
care when I pack, that time, I had to ask one of my employees to do the job....
this is the result, let me know your costs.

thanks

Ric

Since that email, I've asked him for suggestions about what we can do to close the matter and it's all fallen on deaf ears. He doesn't reply at all.
June 12, June 19, July 1, July 29 are all dates of emails where I ask for his suggestions about how he can cover the cost of the damage due to inadequate packaging.

I know...after the first incident, I should have stayed clear...but I thought he'd made good on what appeared to be an honest mistake and I'm one to cut people some slack.

I can honestly say that I will never again buy parts from Riccardo Tosi-this is a pattern of bad business ethics.

Buy at your own risk-and be prepared to be ignored if you don't like what you see when you open the box-especially if it's broken.

And for those of you who say 'you should have opened a PayPal claim' have obviously never done it with an overseas seller...it's pointless.
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered 3 weeks ago some parts for 280€ on vks.
I am from France so shipping is not supposed to be very long and i still have nothing at home... The order status on the website is still on "payment accepted" so i guess its have even not been shipped yet !

I emailed riccardo twice those past weeks to know what happen, via the website or his direct email but he never answered.

Two or three days ago i opened a dispute on paypal (just to motivate him to give me some news... Not so much to be refund yet. As i do want the parts) but i still have no news from VKS...

Hope to hear you soon Riccardo.....
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazaa wrote:
I ordered 3 weeks ago some parts for 280€ on vks.
I am from France so shipping is not supposed to be very long and i still have nothing at home... The order status on the website is still on "payment accepted" so i guess its have even not been shipped yet !

I emailed riccardo twice those past weeks to know what happen, via the website or his direct email but he never answered.

Two or three days ago i opened a dispute on paypal (just to motivate him to give me some news... Not so much to be refund yet. As i do want the parts) but i still have no news from VKS...

Hope to hear you soon Riccardo.....

The one time I received a refund, it took a year and his excuse was that he didn't use that email address any longer. Funny part is that I emailed him through his website.

Good luck.
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no news from riccardo Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And no parts of course.... Rolling Eyes
miketyp3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
Sorry to hear some of you have experiaced problems, but my deal with Riccardo went very smoothly.
The item arrived without any delay (I'm UK based) it was well packaged and as described. On this basis I would definitely buy from him again.
Many thanks, Mike
vwsquare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Turn signal arm Reply with quote

Riccardo is a Wonderful Seller.
And not only was the part in great NOS SHAPE, but arrived SUPER
FAST by Post Office !!!! Will buy from again!! A+++++
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you.... Rolling Eyes
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a couple parts from him. He emailed quickly and answered thoroughly, and then sent the parts when he said he would. Parts arrived in the US in less than a week, in advertised/ pictured condition. thanks
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
Gustav Petri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact 10
Shipping 10
Item 10

30 CSI points topp score for Riccardo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: