Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terry Kay - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Terry Kay
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 20, 2017
HeftySmurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

As we all know Terry Kerestri (KAY). Makes and sells alot of things on the samba and his own site. I have bought his pipes and his panel wax and got a lot of good information from him which I am grateful for. All his products were as described in his picture..... until Last week when I ordered a High Lift jack from him.

In his add this is depicted
A 48" Hi Lift (TMbrand) is depicted

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I got a red Larin jack...

So if you wanted a Vanagon and got a Routon, you still got a van, right?
That's Terry's logic.....

See the problem is I wanted a balck Hi lift jack in his ad.

All I can say he handled it like a jack ass, I end up trying to return and he refuses it..... Additionally, I paid 20 buck to send it back. All can say is I am disputing it with pay pal, but all I can say is he isnot fun to deal with (Trying real hard to keep it PC).
Paypal clealry states an item must be as described, the picture descibes the product....

I am sure I'll get my money back and be out $20 bucks but oh well...
I gotta call him out cause he parades around like he a 6'6 300lb bully on a play ground.....
so bring your unjustified defense for the disrespect you showed me and every one elese talking to me like I was 2 years old and you are my step dad or soemthing....

He was lazy and copied and pasted a Hi Lift Jack and wont hone up to the fact he made a mistake, then tries to screw a customer.

Funny thins is that I have 7 future vanagon projects, and this post alone will hopefully steer some peole away once they see how he handles his business.
He claim his disclaimer covers it, he'll prolly edit the picture to cover his ass.
I dont even care about the money,
I care about the fact that he treated me like I was an a**hole for wanting my money back for not getting what I ordered.

I am sure he will chime in and blow hot air like he always does, I thought it was funny, until I had to deal with him.
Beware guys

Terry
I hope yo read this and see how much money your punk ass attititude costs you in lost business....

Moderator note:
This seller has several reports of being rude and/or abusive when transactions do not go smoothly.
Keep that in mind before ordering.

Last edited by HeftySmurf on Fri May 29, 2009 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laid low , and did some reseach on Mike prior to offering any retort on his beautifuly worded complaint.

Here's the facts.

All high lift handy jacks are made in the same factory in China or Tiawan, and bought , labeled & sold by various purveyor's of high lift jacks.
They can be painted red, black or blue--they are indentical.

I used another vendor's picture of a jack, with their knowledge--for 6 years.
Sold a bunch of them, and nobody has ever said a word, simply because I don't advertise them as a specific jack.
Just a high lift, handy jack--that's it.

Now the plot thickens a bit.

The folks I used the picture from are also a VW Vanagon vendor, and knew that I borrowed the picture.
Better than that--they don't sell the exact same jack as pictured either.
Huh---

A high lift is a high lift jack, just like Kleenex is Kleenex,and Jello is Jello.

I called them today regarding a business matter, and yacked a bit about this and that.

I was telling them about the complaint and the really oscene language used by this particular Vanagon customer.
And why & what was going on.

I asked my friend;
" Have you ever done business with a guy up in Michigan by the name of Mike---"
He shouted out his last name

Jesus--
How in the hell do you know him I asked????

He responded, he is one of the most unreasonable guys to deal with--and is always looking for something for nothing--especially shipping, and he returns items he's ordered all the time with an immediate replacement on the supplier, at his cost plus free shipping--

I fulfilled every portion of my obligation.
Mike want's me to refund the cost of the jack, plus the shipping both ways.

I told him I wasn't Santa Claus.

My published terms on returned items is this;
20% restocking fee, plus the shipping cost are on the buyer.

I told him I would give him the full amount back ( in a weak moment ) and that was it.

He got vile,demanding,wanted it all, I told him no way, and that is the end of it.
I found the jack back here this evening when I got home from work, the box is destroyed, the jack is un-resaleable.

I am now returning the jack to Mike, and let him deal with his choice of shipper's--UPS

One more thing---

I advised my friend and co-distributor of the high lift jacks to get the picture of the black jacks off of his web page just because of people like Mike who will play any kinda game in the book to possibly gaff them, as he tried to do with me.

It's gone.
So is mine.

Now you know the rest if the story--and all I'm doing here is trying to excuse Mike the Mouth, for his obvious irregularities.

Haley's MO, or a Bromo might help a bunch for this problem.

Mike is a big pain in the ass to deal with and today I found out from other reliable sources that it isn't just here--he spreads it around a bit, and may soon have a real hard time buying anything from anybody.

I'm done.

Beware of Mike fellow vendor's.
HeftySmurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,
Great Terry flip the scrpit and drag Van-Cafe into it....

So when I order a part and its the wrong one I should pay for it?
Are you outta your mind?
One thing you know should I love to argue, especially when I am right....
Once again you are full of it...
Jello comment is does not make sense or apply I am sure you have an in with the Hi Lift jack company..

Listen there is no way in hell any business would allow you to use their TRADE MARK
(Why do you think they spend all that money getting one?) and sell a different product........
And I bet you know a girl in the factory in China that you knocked up back in nam or something....
I will be getting a refund
Look up on paypal the rules regarding product description you bafoon..... they are not the same product.
Ask a lawyer,
I am so pissed on what a idiot you are I will even take this to small claims court if need be..... (then we can meet in person)
Again not a matter of money...
A matter of you being a lazy

After markert parts for the high light jack do not fit Just any jack.
Explain that one to me Terrry?
Why are the bases a little more narrow?
Why is the bar a little different in diameter?
Prolly the same reason a Ford grill doesn't fit a GM....
They are similar but not the same....
Same goes here....
In the matter of the vendor you speak of. The owner is out of town this week, so I know you didn't hear that from him.
Did they mention the fact that I spend allot of money there? And that the only time I wanted shipping back was when they sent me a faulty part when they f'd up my order.

I am sure the vendors will appreciate you running your mouth....
What you fail to realize is the fact I am the one with the money (aka the customer.....)

See in business you want people with money (a little economics)
And you want them to be happy
See the thing is I actually have a pair of nuts..... unlike you
You likely resemble a Ken Doll, which is why you feel the need to beat your chest around a bunch of laid back Vanagon owners.
If something is faulty or not as described I want my money back.
That's how it goes any other place you buy something you can return it.

As for wanting something for nothing, knowing what vendors get parts for I feel no shame in getting a percentage off my order when it is in the thousands......
Yes Terry did he mention how much money I spend there?
And I have never once posted anything bad about them when the f'd up.....
Why?
Becuase they fixed it
I could give a rats ass if someone thinks I am a ball buster for getting a decent deal.

There is a 40-50% mark up on most vendor parts, right?
So of course if your profit margin is cut, you get a little pissy
But when they guy orders every month, you are ok with it.....
See Terry that's how MEN handle business
They don't act like a condesending prick and blast a customer for being disatisfied

Interesting how many other people seemed to agrees with me.
I got about 15 pms regarding your jack assery and how they'd never do business again with you or never would anyways based and what moron you are.

Mike "The Mouth"....... LOL
That broke my heart into a thousand tiny little pieces.....
And I am so glad to be the first to leave seller feed back on you......
Hope it helps

Last edited by HeftySmurf on Fri May 29, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mention anybody specific in my post.
Your assumption is all your's, and your's alone as usual.
Good for you.

I don't have a clue about your dealings with the Van Cafe', and how your obviosly trying to hose them, over by your own admission.

50%?
Dream on.

The jacks are made by two manufactures, and two only.
Thay are all the same, and the accessories fit one, they'll fit the other.

Your now on your own with UPS the carrier of your choosing as mentioned in my last post.
I'm sure they'll be real happy to take real good care of you.

I'm not eating destroyed returned goods from anybody--

Jesus wouldn't get a pass, let alone Mike the Mouth in Michigan.
HeftySmurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why a Hi-Lift® jack is better than a cheap imported knock-off jack
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 9, 2008

For more information, contact:
Steve Dowden, Vice President – Sales & Marketing
e-mail: [email protected] Tel.: (800) 233-2051 ext. 16

They say "imitation is the greatest form of flattery", and for years companies have tried to "flatter" the Hi-Lift Jack Company. The late Philip John Harrah invented the Hi-Lift® jack (then called the Automatic Combination Tool and Handyman®) in 1905. For over 100 years, companies have tried to copy the jack that was originated and still manufactured in tiny Bloomfield, Indiana by the same Harrah family.

"Many companies offering knock-off jacks have come and gone in the past 100 years", says Steve Dowden, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "More recently, the trend is similar to what most US manufacturers are seeing, more and more companies offering cheap, import knock-offs at low prices. There has been a recent influx of cheaply manufactured Asian jacks being private-branded for companies in our market. They try to hide the fact that they are Asian imported products by sticking their brand name on them, but there is no hiding the differences in the product." Mr. Dowden continues, "Sure, the consumer can buy the cheap knock-off jack for less money, but for a retail item that is already less than $100 – the consumer will get exactly what they paid for… a cheap product that may leave them stranded when needed. We won't ever be able to compete with cheap Asian import products on price, nor do we want to. We are set on making high-quality, dependable jacks that truly represent the reputation of quality and durability that has come to be expected from anything bearing the Hi-Lift® name."

The Hi-Lift Jack Company provides the following points as to "why a Hi-Lift® jack is better than an imported knock-off jack":

Built in the USA for over 100 years
EVERY Hi-Lift® jack tested twice for load capacity and functionality before shipped
Unique 2-piece handle-socket design, the most reliable and durable
Full replacement parts available, and always in stock
Come standard with zinc-coated hardware for more rust resistance
Come standard with a top clamp-clevis for added versatility
Toll free technical service
Free Hi-Lift® DVD's available upon request for training and education
Come standard with a safety instruction manual and warning labels
Hi-Lift® offers a full line of accessories for the jack, many that are only compatible with the Hi-Lift® jack.

Last edited by HeftySmurf on Fri May 29, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
HeftySmurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note Terry,

Expect a call from Fed Ex and UPS

Additionally, I contacted the Senior Vice President of marketing and sales for Hi-Lift as well.

Hi-Lift branded jacks are made in the USA

"That unauthorzied use a a trademarked logo with out the expressed written consent of that comapny is punishiable by law"

Here are some site you can visit to report bad business in the interent
1. File an internet complaint report against the other party.
o National Fraud Information Centerwww.ic3.gov
o Internet Crime Complaint Centerwww.ic3.gov
o Better Business Bureau Onlinewww.bbbonline.org

2. File a police report against the other party.

All I wanted was a refund and to be treated like a human
Cheers

Last edited by HeftySmurf on Fri May 29, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said some pretty profound thing's in my day---
But I'm on the bench in comparision to Mike the Michigan Mouth.
Kinda reminds me of Steve Schwenkenstein.

The Hi-Lift jacks are assembled here, cast in China/ Taiwan, regardless what the big boss, El-Presidente' has to say.

So I guess yea-- they are made here, just as a Mitsu or a Honda is made here.
Good Call MMM.

I talked to UPS, Pay Pal ,and Fed- Ex regional territorial manager yesterday.

They would like aerosol cans boxes marked as such , but no big deal.
Also talked to the regional Manager for 3-M.
They ship pressurized cans all the time.
NBD.
So MMM, the KGB is out of this one.

Now here's one hell of a story--

Mike the Michigan Mouth is trying for a triple on this deal.
He's filed for a UPS claim---before I even got to UPS yesterday to file a claim---
Ok with me.

But then,I get home and he's also filed a claim with Pay Pal trying to double dip the deal--and they threw him out.
The color of a an item don't count for filing a claim.
Nice Try Michelle.

But I did write them back and tell them to toss him a bone-- maybe--- no more--- cause he's already filed a claim with UPS hours prior to this Pay Pal beef.

Then he wants me to pay him too, on top of the other 2 outfits.

Wow---
Helena Rubenstein.

And then he's laying on everybody he's got 7-10 exclusive Syncro rebuilding deals pending.

Yea Right.

How in the hell can a guy be on the computer all day, day, 24/7 bitching to anybody that'll listen, work on Syncro's, and order parts too?

Must be an Octapus---

Watch out fellow Vangonite's for this Yo-Yo.

Big hose job, big talker, all show no go.
And if it don't go--chrome it.

I'm done with this BS deal--call me Pontious Pilot if you'd like. I'm washing my hands of this guy.

"That Big Diesel Motor is singing my song--thank God & Greyhound he's gone."

Last edited by Terry Kay on Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeftySmurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am over it too man
I didn't think the internet could get me this pissed.....
Man I always wanted a nick name.

Terry,
Dude, Hi Lifts are made in Indiana man...
READ it.... please!!!!

You knew paypal would dick me
You expressed an email that you wear reporting it damage and unsellable.

Likely ill get my money back eventually

You'll likely lose some business becuase of this.... which you derserve for false advertisement

Last edited by HeftySmurf on Sat May 30, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
hiliftjacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Hi-Lift Jacks Reply with quote

Mr. Kay,

I'm not the "El Presidente" as you suggested, but thanks for the promotion anyway. There are two issues that are of great concern to Hi-Lift Jack Company.

1. Selling another brand mechancial jack "as" a Hi-Lift or "High Lift" jack is trademark infringement and illegal. We have been protecting our Hi-Lift registered trademark for nearly 50 years, and have won the right to be the only mechanical jack manufacturer that can use the terms Hi-Lift or High Lift in connection with our jack. We do seek prosecution in every case where our registered trademark is compromised, and we certainly will continue this as we continue to invest more and more in the brands we own. In the future, please cease and desist from using the terms HI-LIFT or HIGH LIFT when selling any mechanical jack not manufactured by the Hi-Lift Jack Company.

2. The information you are stating as "fact" in writing is not accurate, and is damaging to our company and our Hi-Lift brand name. We will seek all measures to protect our brand as an investment, and this includes protection from damaging and untrue statements about our products. All mechanical jacks are not manufactured by two manufacturers in China/Taiwan. We do manufacture our products in the USA. Despite your comments, Hi-Lift jacks are different from those manufactured and assembled in China/Taiwan in many ways. From the quality of the raw materials (which is unseen), to the design, to the finishing of the parts, to the inspection and testing process... many differences that make our jack of higher quality. Additionally, it is true that many of our Hi-Lift Accessories are designed so that they will only work with Hi-Lift brand jacks. Many will not work at all with the import jacks.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Steven L. Dowden
Vice President of Sales/Marketing
Hi-Lift Jack Company
[email protected]
(812) 384-4441 ext. 16
Shane6 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In late 2007 I purchased a propane valve from Terry. When I received the package, I was dissapointed to find it empty and stamped by the Post Office as "received unsealed" AND "received without contents"

The box was a simple fold up priority mail box with plain fold in endflaps. The heavy brass propane fitting was placed (I assume) in the box, folded up and sent by him with NO tape on the ends at all!

I contacted him by phone, politely explained my dilema and the obvious fact that the weight of the valve pushed the ends open (probably before it even left his town!). I was frustrated to learn that he would do NOTHING to make good on this situation. I even suggested splitting the price, or no shipping on the second one but to no avail.

His statement was that I should of purchased insurance PERIOD. I argued that there was no way to insure against him not taping the ends of the box.

Bottom line is that I had to purchase another, although he was generous enough to get it out the same day so I could have it in time for an up coming campout.

Why did it take me so long to post this? I really thought it was small stuff, but as I travel around the US camping and VWing there seems to be a reoccuring theme revolving around poor customer service and Terry. Hopefully this will allow people to make a more educated decision regarding purchasing from him.

Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line here is Shane decided to save a couple of bucks and roll the dice in shipping--even though I STONGLY advise shipping insurance in the first parragraph of my web page.

The dice rolled snake eye's.

I met my responsability in gettig the package to the post office, and getting it shipped.

The postmaster of the local post office advised me of this after I went outa my way , with the shipping receipt in hand, trying to get Shane back his money.

I do not supply any optional shipping services without the appropriate fee's paid.

You wouldn't drive your vehicle without insurance why would you take a chance with your money without shipping insurance?

Doesn't make any sence, unless you enjoy gambling.
BGEE68 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a five year Postal employee...in regard to this subject, I'll say this:

Your comment

Quote:
"I met my responsability in gettig the package to the post office, and getting it shipped."

Is irresponsible at the very least...YOU DID NOT PROPERLY PACKAGE THE ITEM!!!

If the item you ship, can move around in the box, YOU HAVEN'T PACKED IT PROPERLY!

It is not the responsibility of the Post Office, (although I do make it clear to people that improperly packaged items may not get to their destination) to ensure proper packaging.

And by the way, spell check your replies...it would give you a bit more respectability/creditability!
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After contacting the postmaster of the post office from which this was shipped, attempting to get this resolved--he told me that I met all of the postal parrameter's.
What does the postmaster of the PO know?

I'm not sure, but he runs the PO.

The valve as packaged right.
I've shipped hundred's of them, as well as other heavy items without any problems.
Nobody else has had this problem.
Just one, this one.
Three years ago--
This antique buyer chose not to take advantage of the available options--none of them.
His Choice, not mine.

If you've worked for the PO for such a long period of time, then your very aware of the PO service lowering the quality of the priority mail boxes.
Again, not my decision.

And now that I think of it-why does the PO offer so many different ways & optional services to ship parcels?

Why don't they automaticly cover the shipment as Fed-Ex & UPS does up to $100.00 ?

I sure don't know.

Give the postmaster general a call on that & see what he says.

Folks don't really care about covering their packages for damage.
( a few are wise & do )

They want the stuff shipped as fast as it can be shipped, for the lowest price possible.

The insurance coverage doesn't fit into that equasion.

They have that option, and may take advantage of that.

I can lead that horse to the trough--but I'll be damned if I can make him drink that water--

No speling ceck here.

Last edited by Terry Kay on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtsandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Kay wrote:
The bottom line here is Shane decided to save a couple of bucks and roll the dice in shipping

evidently you did as well.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry.

I don't believe so.

I don't know any puveyor of any kind of parts that automaticly supplies optional postal loss or damage coverage.

It's the customer's job to request it.
dirtsandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant tape. Tape isn't a luxury when shipping.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know.

The box looked like it had nitro explode it wide open.
I could have welded a steel box around that valve and it would have been gone.
The PO didn't do anybody a favor on this deal.

It looked like they played football with it--and Shane mentioned that.

Solid Duct tape wouldn't have saved it from blowing open.

Why in the heck take this kinda chance?

I buy anything I need I have it shipped Fed-Ex or UPS or pay for insurance via the PO.
I don't care about the savings.

I just want the parts covered if they do get used in a game of football.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it's a little late to complain now.

These boxes suck, the sides are not fully sealed when assembled. I tape all unsealed sides. The vast majority of purchases I have made that arrived in these boxes are also fully taped.

Quote:
I don't know any puveyor of any kind of parts that automaticly supplies optional postal loss or damage coverage.

True. Myself, I have refunded money several times when my packaging was the cause of damage. The parts sent were never packed that way again. I have never had a loss due to packaging.

I haven't noticed a change in the quality of the priority mail boxes.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tram
Samba Socialist

Location: Still Feelin' the Bern- Once you've felt it you can't un- feel it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Kay wrote:
I'm sorry.

I don't believe so.

Hope you never sell on eBay or Amazon with that line of defense- You'll lose every claim, every time.

In my opinion, insurance is to protect the seller. In these days of credit card purchases and online payment services like PayPal, you're going to get burned.

Plus, how much would insurance have cost for that valve? A few bucks? Isn't your reputation worth that?

From looking at this thread, maybe it's not.

Bryan67 wrote:
Just my hands. And a little lube. No tools.

To best contact me, please use the EMAIL function in my profile
BGEE68 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tram wrote:
Terry Kay wrote:
I'm sorry.

I don't believe so.

Hope you never sell on eBay or Amazon with that line of defense- You'll lose every claim, every time.

In my opinion, insurance is to protect the seller. In these days of credit card purchases and online payment services like PayPal, you're going to get burned.

Plus, how much would insurance have cost for that valve? A few bucks? Isn't your reputation worth that?

From looking at this thread, maybe it's not.

The boxes haven't changed in quality...The ability of the user/shipper to pack items is what varies!!!!

Insurance for $0.00 to $50.00 is $1.75

Insurance for $50.01 to $100.00 is $2.25

Delivery Confirmation is $0.70

AND it is SOP that the Postal Clerk/Postmaster offer the customer additional services...like Deliver Confirmation, Insurance, etc.

You failed to take advantage of those services...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: