Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 412, 413, 414  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Chicago blues musician Lonnie Brooks dies at 83

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Paul O'Neill, founder Trans Siberian Orchestra: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trans-siber...61-w475347
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Comedian Don Rickles, age 90, died today.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

So long you hockey puck
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

R.I.P. Mr. Warmth. Sad
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:
Comedian Don Rickles, age 90, died today.

He was simply hysterical. I loved him in Kelly's Heroes as well.

Thanks for the laughs Don!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

David Peel, a mainstay of New York folk music and pro-marijuana advocate who was referenced in John Lennon‘s “New York City,” has died. He was 73.

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
David Peel, a mainstay of New York folk music and pro-marijuana advocate who was referenced in John Lennon‘s “New York City,” has died. He was 73.

David Peel - who sang with the Lower East Side? Have a Marijuana? Mother - where is my father? Here comes a cop......
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

John Warren Geils Jr., the artist known professionally as J. Geils and part of the rock group The J. Geils Band, was found dead in his Groton, Massachusetts home.

He was 71.

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I had J.Geils album Bloodshot which was issued on red vinyl in 1973. Outstanding then and now. Ain't nothing but a house party. You got to give it to me. Whammer Jammer with magic dick. Get on over to YouTube it's there. Geez I feel old. Sad
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

About six weeks ago I mentioned the passing of Mr. Wally Pikal here in this thread. Well, at about 0:16 of the "love stinks!" J Geils band video, the one and only Wally Pikal is seen playing his two trumpets while jumping on his pogo stick.

Also of note, the drummer is playing in the alley while pounding the skins with frozen fish. Always loved that.

Link

*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

J Geils Band opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd. First concert I ever went to. Been playing the snot out of them on youtube recently. First I Look at the Purse is a fav - J. just stinging the intro, Rock In Peace
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

*Darren wrote:
J Geils Band opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd. First concert I ever went to. Been playing the snot out of them on youtube recently. First I Look at the Purse is a fav - J. just stinging the intro, Rock In Peace

Their early work late 60s early 70s is different from the commercial top 40 stuff they became famous for,but that's true of many others too. Same could be said for lynyrd skynyrd, we saw them in 1975 when they were still a tight bar band. Again YouTube the early stuff Very Happy
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
*Darren wrote:

Their early work late 60s early 70s is different from the commercial top 40 stuff they became famous for,but that's true of many others too. Same could be said for lynyrd skynyrd, we saw them in 1975 when they were still a tight bar band. Again YouTube the early stuff Very Happy

Let me clarify. It was 1975. Skyward just hit it with Free Bird and J Geils was basically still a live cover band as First I look at the purse is a cover of the Contours and on House Party
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Eddie Murphy's brother, comedian Charlie Murphy dead at 57 from leukemia

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Eddie Murphy's brother, comedian Charlie Murphy dead at 57 from leukemia

too young, glad I got to see him live in person
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers chairman Dan Rooney, one of the NFL's most influential and popular executives, has died. He was 84.

A Steelers spokesman confirmed that Rooney died Thursday. No further details were immediately available.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Emma Morano, who at 117 was believed to be the world's oldest person and the last to be born in the 19th century, died on Saturday

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Personal computer and internet pioneer Robert W. Taylor, 85.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Guitarist Allan Holdsworth has died at the age of 70.

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 412, 413, 414  Next
Jump to:
Page 174 of 414

Jump to: