Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I never heard of him. Sounds like I should have. I like Pat Metheny, sounds like a similar style on many tracks. Have to check into his work...
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Convicted murderer and former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez hanged himself in his prison cell at 27.
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

NAPLES, Fla. The man behind the oddly decorated pest control cars has died.

Naples resident Truly David Nolen, 89, who founded Truly Nolen of America and launched a fleet of yellow Volkswagen “mouse” cars on roadways around the world, passed away Tuesday, the company said.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

HMVWNAB wrote:

Naples resident Truly David Nolen, 89, who founded Truly Nolen of America and launched a fleet of yellow Volkswagen “mouse” cars on roadways around the world, passed away Tuesday, the company said.

I drive by this TRULY NOLEN sign on I-5 (1/2 mile from Disneyland) on the way home from 'the office'. I wondered if TRULY was his first name or if he was 'genuinely' Nolen. Now I know. Smile RIP Truly.
According to this obituary --
http://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/local/2017/04...100661182/
two of his eight children are a son named Really and a daughter named Sincere.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

HMVWNAB wrote:

I remember seeing the Nolen bugs driving around southern Florida .
red doors on yellow sedans and yellow doors on the red sedans and other door mixing all with large rat tails and buck teeth
class act
RIP
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Cuba Gooding Sr dead at 72

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Sylvia Moy, credited or co-credited with some Motown plus later songs you probably don't know, like "Uptight (Everything's Alright)," "My Cherie Amour," "This Old Heart of Mine" and "It Takes Two" among a lot of other songs, gone at 78.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Erin Moran, Happy Days Joanie, dead at 56

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Erin Moran, Happy Days Joanie, dead at 56

So sad. Sad
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Longtime NBA referee Jess Kersey

He was 76 and died at his Williamsburg home, family at his side — he is survived by his wife, Kathy, and sons Bryan and Todd.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Follow-up on Erin Moran -

Maria Puente , USA TODAY Published 12:19 p.m. ET April 24, 2017 | Updated 2 hours ago

"Erin Moran, the former Happy Days child star who was found dead at her Indiana home over the weekend, likely died of cancer, according to the Harrison County Sheriff's Office and the county coroner.

A statement released by authorities Monday said that an autopsy found that Moran "likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer."

Toxicology tests were performed and results are pending, but "no illegal narcotics were found" at Moran's residence in New Salisbury, Ind., about 20 miles from Louisville, Ky.

The statement did not say what kind of cancer Moran had."
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Robert M. Pirsig, whose philosophical novel "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" became a million-selling classic and cultural touchstone after more than 100 publishers turned it down, died Monday at age 88.

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

So long Phaedrus
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Robert M. Pirsig, whose philosophical novel "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" became a million-selling classic and cultural touchstone after more than 100 publishers turned it down, died Monday at age 88.

Tried to read that in my late teens, as I thought it was about motorcycles. I didn't finish and was disappointed. I read it later after I had a more open, mature mind and was able to understand it better.

RIP Robert Pirsig.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Film director Jonathan Demme has died from cancer aged 73. RIP http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/26/entertainment/jonathan-demme-death-trnd/
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oc92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

If you haven't read Pirsig's ZEN please consider doing so, especially if you have ever considered the benefits of the 009, the frugality of EMPI, the longevity of SCAT, the durability of Chinese electronics, or the integrity of the Walmart business logic.

72 bus
70 bug
96 mx5
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I read "Zen" a few years back. Took me a while to get into the book's rhythm but I eventually loved it. Lots of interesting thoughts.
(And coincidently our daughter's BF's name is "Zen". He's a good guy.)
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

The Swiss Machine Ueli Steck. I feel like his Eiger climb is one of the most amazing things ever captured on film. (No rope solo speed record)

Link

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39761904
mcdonaldneal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
The Swiss Machine Ueli Steck. I feel like his Eiger climb is one of the most amazing things ever captured on film. (No rope solo speed record)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39761904

Wow. Amazing video clip.
I'll guess he knew the risks. Sounds a pretty amazing guy.

Stop dead photo links! Post photos to The Samba Gallery!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Col. Bruce Hampton

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/col-bruce-hampton-passes-away/
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Jump to:
Page 175 of 417

Jump to: