Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Lazy Lester, an Architect of Swamp Blues, Is Dead at 85

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
HMVWNAB wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:
Ed King. Co-wrote Sweet Home Alabama.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/08/23/ed...at-68.html

Just saw a special on Skynyrd on Showtime and they showed the band members that had passed.

http://www.sho.com/titles/3461827/lynyrd-skynyrd-if-i-leave-here-tomorrow

That was weird. I watched that doc a few days ago and actually looked up Ed King to see if he was still alive, he had had a heart transplant a while back. I saw LS when they first came back after the accident in 1988. Ed was still playing his ass off. They kinda became a cover band of themselves in recent years, Gary Rossington was the only original one left. They're on their "final" tour now. One of my favorites bands of all-time.

My "Mr Breeze" name is from the song they made famous (written by JJ Cale)

Saw them in 1974, tickets about 7.50.
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
HMVWNAB wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:

Just saw a special on Skynyrd on Showtime and they showed the band members that had passed.

That was weird. I watched that doc a few days ago and actually looked up Ed King to see if he was still alive, he had had a heart transplant a while back. I saw LS when they first came back after the accident in 1988. Ed was still playing his ass off. They kinda became a cover band of themselves in recent years, Gary Rossington was the only original one left. They're on their "final" tour now. One of my favorites bands of all-time.

For those who may not know the story.

The fifth album from the legendary Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd, Street Survivors, was the last album recorded by founding members Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Collins, as well as new guitarist Steve Gaines. On October 20, 1977, just three days after the album was released, a chartered plane carrying the three bandmates crashed in Louisiana, taking seven lives in all.

The album cover featured a photograph — shot at Universal Studios — of the band engulfed in flames: an image that was hard to ignore as an unfortunate and macabre premonition of the tragedy that soon followed.

At the request of the band’s families, the fiery picture was moved to the back of the album, and a new photo from the same shoot — with the band placed against a black background — was used on the cover. A 30th-anniversary re-issue, released in 2007, restored the original image back on the front.

https://www.lifeofvinyl.com/street-survivors_1.html
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
MrBreeze wrote:
HMVWNAB wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:

Saw them in 1974, tickets about 7.50.

I saw the remaining members play in a little bar in Big Sky, MT in the winter of 1992 (I think). Helluva show, with about 200 people. I think it was a ten dollar cover charge.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

John McCain dead at 81

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Kyle Pavone, vocalist for We Came as Romans, dies at 28

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
John McCain dead at 81

RIP John. 🇺🇸

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
MrBreeze wrote:
John McCain dead at 81

RIP John. 🇺🇸

Yes! He spent more than 5 years as a POW in Vietnam. Refused to come home until others were released.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
MrBreeze wrote:
John McCain dead at 81

RIP John. 🇺🇸

They say that the hardest thing a parent will ever have to do is bury their child.
I wonder how Roberta McCain (John's mom) is taking this-------she is 106 years old.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

RIP Sen. McCain. Thank you for your service to our country.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Neil Simon, King of Comedy Playwrights, Dies at 91

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Sen. John Sidney McCain III. Thank you for a lifetime of service.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
Sen. John Sidney McCain III. Thank you for a lifetime of service.

obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Marie Severin Marvel artist
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/marvel-artist-marie-severin-dies-at-89/ar-BBMFluq
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
super74beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Ex ER actress Vanessa Marquez, while not a natural death, died a couple of days ago. She was shot dead by police in California. https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/vanessa-marquez-er-shot-killed-police-1202923337/
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Here’s a 2 for 1. Dead at 95 William Nealon no relation to Kevin, longest serving U.S. judge in history appointed by JFK.

Dead at 82 James Mirrlees, Noble prize winner.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Richard M. DeVos, Co-Founder of Amway, Dies at 92

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Burt Reynolds

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/burt-reynolds-dead-actor-dies-at-82/

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Happy Trails Bandit.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Burt Reynolds

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/burt-reynolds-dead-actor-dies-at-82/

From the classic, one of my favorites lines about Sally Field's handle ("Frog"): "Because you're always hoppin' around. And kinda you're cute, like a frog. And I'd like ta jump ya." Haha. Drive on, Bandit.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Jump to:
Page 209 of 416

Jump to: