Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 412, 413, 414  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I love that picture... she must have been on her knees! IIRC, she was MUCH taller than the Cap'n.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now this is a REAL captain

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
I love that picture... she must have been on her knees! IIRC, she was MUCH taller than the Cap'n.

Yeah, but this photo, like almost all others, do not show below his knees. That hat covered balding, but also gave him a few inches. A quick google search for his height came up empty on half a dozen sites that show this info for other celebrities. Back then, you could keep secrets; no more in this instant video/photo/internet era!

Or maybe she just seemed "bigger than life" to an ogling 12 year old?

I still barf at ML, though...
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I never knew he (and she) played with the Beach Boys back in the day.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Cap'n Lou was also 76 years old when he passed.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Nobody mentioned the "Beard guy" from the Canadian band Walk off the Earth. Mike Taylor just passed in his sleep the night of Dec 30th. WOTE is probably better known for their youtube videos covering other songs- but they have some great original stuff.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Dang! I was waiting for them to come around so I could see them live. I love their YouTube videos.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Edgar Hilsenrath, a German Jewish survivor of Nazi persecution who
unsentimentally stoked the embers of the Holocaust with brutally satirical
autobiographical novels, died on Sunday in Wittlich, Germany. He was 92.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Dean Ford, frontman for the band Marmalade, dead at 72.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6549067/Marmalade-singer-Dean-Ford-dies-aged-72.html
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Dead at 87 Herb Kelleher, co-founder of Southwest Airlines. The story of how this business was conceived from notes on a cocktail napkin into what it is today, the largest domestic airline in the U.S. is amazing and entertaining. Chain smoking whiskey guzzling Herb was was a larger than life icon in the industry I’ve given 35 years of my life. You will be missed old man by some of the guys at the weekly keg party. That’s right a company sponsored event every Friday. Very Happy
estilholliday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Looks like 76 is today's magic number.

RIP Super Dave and the Captin.

I didnt see anyone mention Mr MEAN GENE Okerlund!

Also 76 RIP Jan 2, 2019

[Non VW pictures are deleted from the Gallery]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

estilholliday wrote:

Also 76 RIP Jan 2, 2019

Posted January 2nd, the day he passed.
estilholliday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

HMVWNAB wrote:
estilholliday wrote:

Also 76 RIP Jan 2, 2019

Posted January 2nd, the day he passed.

Yes see it now. I was just scrolling quick and looking for a photo of him here.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Morgan Sheppard, actor in Star Trek & Dr. Who. RIP.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Alan R. Pearlman, who founded the ARP Instruments company and helped popularize synthesizers in the '70s, died on Jan. 6.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Morgan Sheppard, actor in Star Trek & Dr. Who. RIP.

I worked on a project with Mr. Sheppard. A gentleman and a true professional.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

As Juan Valdez, Carlos Sánchez became the iconic face of Colombian coffee, and has Died at age 83.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
As Juan Valdez, Carlos Sánchez became the iconic face of Colombian coffee, and has Died at age 83.

As a child, I always wondered how a few farmers with mules delicately picking individual coffee beans managed to keep the world supplied with coffee.

FU#3
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

'Animal House' actress Verna Bloom dead at 80

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
'Animal House' actress Verna Bloom dead at 80

Dean Wormer's wife.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:

That was an ACTOR and not the REAL Juan Valdez ???? They lied to us all !!!

Next you'll tell me that the bean buyer on the TV commercials was also an actor, even though he said "I'm the bean buyer for Hills Brothers"....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 412, 413, 414  Next
Jump to:
Page 218 of 414

Jump to: