Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

G Down Exhaust
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marv [UK]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucille66 wrote:
miniman82 wrote:
lucille66 wrote:
Anyone have a dyno?

Are you seriously asking that living in OC? Your neighbor probably has one. Rolling Eyes When I lived in Lemoore, there was one at Roger Vogt's in Visalia that had a 3 pulls for $99 sale. Living where you do, you should have no trouble finding a local dyno.

Wanna pay for it? Didn't think so.

the Butt dyno will tell you if you lose significant HP, the proper dyno will be able to tell you exactly how much

The pride Dyno will ALWAYS add HP though, no one wants to be taken for a mug and have the whole world know about it
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purple rag wrote:
Nope BUGININVA thats where ur wrong "people" as u called myself are not all the same. I simply was state'n that this system in my opion in which I have the right to boost isnt worth what they are asking. I myself isnt the "folk" who wants the so called "cheap" way out. In fact this is the last thing I need for my motor. & the funny thing is I dont have lots of money if that was the case I would already had a system so its been a long process to save and only get the BEST. I take pride in my motor & car so with that being said everything I purchased for both have been top notch. Im in waaaay deep in cash in both! Again I was just speaking simply on that system. I dont mind pay'n for ANYTHING thats worth it.

Damn, no need to pound away at the keyboard, I just used your post because it sounded like the typical vw person... If that doesn't describe you, there's no need for you to be upset, but it does describe the overwhelming majority of vw folks... yes I said "folks" and "people" because that is plural, and it wasn't directed at any one person.

purple rag wrote:
(would u buy it for your performance motor at that price?) by the way what part of Va. are u in?

my engine is a turbo engine as I stated earlier, this system is of no use to me... I also stated earlier that I would use a system like this in some instances.

GEX has. Just sayin
purple rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
purple rag wrote:
Nope BUGININVA thats where ur wrong "people" as u called myself are not all the same. I simply was state'n that this system in my opion in which I have the right to boost isnt worth what they are asking. I myself isnt the "folk" who wants the so called "cheap" way out. In fact this is the last thing I need for my motor. & the funny thing is I dont have lots of money if that was the case I would already had a system so its been a long process to save and only get the BEST. I take pride in my motor & car so with that being said everything I purchased for both have been top notch. Im in waaaay deep in cash in both! Again I was just speaking simply on that system. I dont mind pay'n for ANYTHING thats worth it.

Damn, no need to pound away at the keyboard, I just used your post because it sounded like the typical vw person... If that doesn't describe you, there's no need for you to be upset, but it does describe the overwhelming majority of vw folks... yes I said "folks" and "people" because that is plural, and it wasn't directed at any one person.

purple rag wrote:
(would u buy it for your performance motor at that price?) by the way what part of Va. are u in?

my engine is a turbo engine as I stated earlier, this system is of no use to me... I also stated earlier that I would use a system like this in some instances.

Its all good man, no one upset on this end hope ur not either I just felt like it was directed at me being that the comments about price only came after my post. In which, it was fair being that I did speak about the high price, but only because I personally dont think its worth the cost. But whatever, whatever man no attitude here just clear'n the air because I strongly belive in get'n what u pay 4 so I guess thats why it rub'd me the wrong way.
LeviMan2001
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:

purple rag wrote:

Easy answer to that... TWIN TURBO!! Twisted Evil
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeviMan2001 wrote:

Easy answer to that... TWIN TURBO!! Twisted Evil

if I were to run a twin turbo, it would be sequential, not parallel... Wink

purple rag wrote:
Its all good man, no one upset on this end hope ur not either

not at all here...

GEX has. Just sayin
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:

THANK GOD! Applause FINALLY someone sees it may way! I've always felt that twins were a big waste on a VW, unless you were using one to compress the charge of the other. You can get some big boost that way, ask the diesel guys...

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you just have to find the room for it all! Shocked

78x94 with IDA's....oober fun

Horsepower is an addiction........Addictions cost
lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniman82 wrote:

THANK GOD! Applause FINALLY someone sees it may way! .

Shocked shhhhhh... bite your tongue!

Hotrodvw wrote:
Then you just have to find the room for it all! Shocked

wouldn't be that hard, especially if you configure it in the package tray area like Mini did...

GEX has. Just sayin

Last edited by bugninva on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeviMan2001
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniman82 wrote:
bugninva wrote:

THANK GOD! Applause FINALLY someone sees it may way! I've always felt that twins were a big waste on a VW, unless you were using one to compress the charge of the other. You can get some big boost that way, ask the diesel guys...

Yeah, but you still get to say "i've got twin turbos" hahaha. Also, what motor? That beastly new case! 106mm P/c set Twisted Evil
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? You could TT a 1300, and ricers would still swing from your n*ts, know what I mean? Laughing

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wedgie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been following this thread with interest, I'm curious as to what would be the expected gain in power achieved by fitting a merged 4 into 1 system over a twin, such as cannons or this G-down - anyone have any prior data?
Yessong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well - we never heard back from the member that ordered an exhaust. Since I am running a stock 1500 with a bug spray holley and dual cannons there's not much power anyway. I rodered this with the idea of less noise and longer life.

I ordered one at the end of Nov 2010 - was told three weeks - three weeks into December - still no system - was told they are running behind and it'll be....3 weeks - now two weeks into Jan 2011 and still no system...left a message ... considering cancelling my order.
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, Jake Raby was sent one of the G-down sets from Claudio to R & D the performance and operation. Jake Raby already released the info back to him. We have not heard a single lick of return feedback about the performance gains ( if any) to the standard merged and muffler set up. This was already a few months back. There is a likely reason that Im sure you can figure out.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would!!!! Don't put up with that crap!

lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessong wrote:
well - we never heard back from the member that ordered an exhaust. Since I am running a stock 1500 with a bug spray holley and dual cannons there's not much power anyway. I rodered this with the idea of less noise and longer life.

I ordered one at the end of Nov 2010 - was told three weeks - three weeks into December - still no system - was told they are running behind and it'll be....3 weeks - now two weeks into Jan 2011 and still no system...left a message ... considering cancelling my order.

That has all the earmarks of a company struggling (not to keep up, mind you), and I would recommend demanding your money back ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73 KAFER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derluftwagen wrote:
What are the dyno numbers on these fullers??

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do they rob HP like the expensive Porsche style systems Raby mentioned??

Getting older or just not wanting to attract cops, a quieter exhaust is nice especially on long trips

Flame me if you want but thats way to much exhaust system fo my taste. One HELL of alot of pipe and muffler to pay for. ..but for each their own Rolling Eyes

Mark
#3 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=775620Kafer-Cup vintage road racer
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but it's bitchin' looking. Performance? Who knows...

lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that system is heck of quiet running through two mufflers.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

73 KAFER wrote:
derluftwagen wrote:
What are the dyno numbers on these fullers??

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do they rob HP like the expensive Porsche style systems Raby mentioned??

Getting older or just not wanting to attract cops, a quieter exhaust is nice especially on long trips

Flame me if you want but thats way to much exhaust system fo my taste. One HELL of alot of pipe and muffler to pay for. ..but for each their own Rolling Eyes

Mark

Might seem that way, but it actually works and does what the designer says it will. Lol.

Regarding the G-Down exhaust, I found it amusing that some guy on the G-Down site posted up a "testimonial" about the G-Down system, including a claim of estimating dropping engine temperatures at least 100 degrees, though he has no gauge or equipment to prove it. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73 KAFER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then might as well putt on pee shooter then. Worked good for the factory and was quiet and was pretty cheap. You could have it Jet-Hot coated for looks can long lasting of course.....OK, Ok, just kidding, I'm partial to a good merge header and I make my own muffler assy. All Jet -Hot coated of course as mentioned in another post. Wink

Mark
#3 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=775620Kafer-Cup vintage road racer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: