Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

G Down Exhaust
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Sounds like a 4 cylinder Harley with a spark plug wire pulled off..
"I've never given anyone Hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was Hell"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LeviMan2001
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commented on it about the scavenging issues and he says they offer a balance pipe.

claudiogdown wrote:
For those who buy the scavenging theory we offer a crossover pipe.

purple rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy WOW!! If u ask me, kinda sounds like a merged fatboy but with a more rattled, flat, junkie, sound to it. Looks like something I might want to try on my V-Dub... but different. Though I bet it can perform, & hold up just as strong as any A1 system though... just maybe not as much.
But still regardless of all the hoop-pla, I bet for the price, u just cant beat it & im sure well worth every penny.... Um never mind! Crying or Very sad

"No, seriously, glad to see people try'n new things & keep'n it moven out there but the price is beyond twisted" $199 would still have people like myself scratching their heads, but way more reasonable then whats in stone now. Rolling Eyes
Marv [UK]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it still sounds like arse
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purple rag wrote:

"No, seriously, glad to see people try'n new things & keep'n it moven out there but the price is beyond twisted" $199 would still have people like myself scratching their heads, but way more reasonable then whats in stone now. Rolling Eyes

this is one of the biggest problems in the vw community... folks are used to a hundred bucks for a "complete" exhaust and don't realize what a good system costs, much less how much better a good system can perform.... ever wonder why we don't have many good systems to choose from, or why it's tough to find a good stainless system? because folks don't want to pay what they are worth, the'd rather keep buying cheap ones every few years.

This statement has nothing to do with the exhaust in question, just an observation...

GEX has. Just sayin
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
purple rag wrote:

this is one of the biggest problems in the vw community... folks are used to a hundred bucks for a "complete" exhaust and don't realize what a good system costs, much less how much better a good system can perform.... ever wonder why we don't have many good systems to choose from, or why it's tough to find a good stainless system? because folks don't want to pay what they are worth, the'd rather keep buying cheap ones every few years.

This statement has nothing to do with the exhaust in question, just an observation...

Your comments are EXACTLY why S&S Headers no longer make air cooled exhausts. Too many people buying crap like EMPI.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marv [UK]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why build a stainless exhaust that will last 10 years when you can make one to last 2 years.

Simple economics.... the company makes more cash by selling more exhausts.

You want a boutique product, expect to pay boutique prices.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marv [UK] wrote:
why build a stainless exhaust that will last 10 years when you can make one to last 2 years.

No, they build what sells... the majority of vw folks won't pay for a good system, that's why we are over-run with cheap ones that don't last... I'm having to find a shop that will duplicate my CB hideaway turbo header in stainless for this reason... been quoted 550-600 bucks locally... not out of line as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather send that money to a company that caters to vw's, but there are none that offer it...(Hint: not many folks would spring for it, so there's no market)

GEX has. Just sayin
Marv [UK]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
Marv [UK] wrote:

No, they build what sells... the majority of vw folks won't pay for a good system, that's why we are over-run with cheap ones that don't last... I'm having to find a shop that will duplicate my CB hideaway turbo header in stainless for this reason... been quoted 550-600 bucks locally... not out of line as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather send that money to a company that caters to vw's, but there are none that offer it...(Hint: not many folks would spring for it, so there's no market)

have you checked out the systems at vw speedshop

http://www.vwspeedshop.com/home.php?cat=373
lucille66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so Claudio just left a voicemail on my cell. Sounds like a cool guy. He told me I could pick it up at one of his "vendors" in Santa Ana so I don't have to drive all the way out to Thousand Oaks. I'll let you guys know when I pick it up. Anyone have a dyno?
LeviMan2001
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Results!
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucille66 wrote:
Anyone have a dyno?

Are you seriously asking that living in OC? Your neighbor probably has one. Rolling Eyes When I lived in Lemoore, there was one at Roger Vogt's in Visalia that had a 3 pulls for $99 sale. Living where you do, you should have no trouble finding a local dyno.

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marv [UK] wrote:

Wow, Marv, thanks for the link.... I hadn't expanded my search outside of the US, but that is exactly what I want, and is a definite possibility for me!

GEX has. Just sayin
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the dyno numbers on these fullers??

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do they rob HP like the expensive Porsche style systems Raby mentioned??

Getting older or just not wanting to attract cops, a quieter exhaust is nice especially on long trips
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeviMan2001 wrote:
I commented on it about the scavenging issues and he says they offer a balance pipe.

claudiogdown wrote:
For those who buy the scavenging theory we offer a crossover pipe.

Why would they not have the cross over pipe as a standard item?? Obviously the cross over piece is necessary, and IMO should be made to be part of the system. Something like this as an option sounds like an after thought. Oh wait..........silly me..

78x94 with IDA's....oober fun

Horsepower is an addiction........Addictions cost
lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
purple rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
purple rag wrote:

Nope BUGININVA thats where ur wrong "people" as u called myself are not all the same. I simply was state'n that this system in my opion in which I have the right to boost isnt worth what they are asking. I myself isnt the "folk" who wants the so called "cheap" way out. In fact this is the last thing I need for my motor. & the funny thing is I dont have lots of money if that was the case I would already had a system so its been a long process to save and only get the BEST. I take pride in my motor & car so with that being said everything I purchased for both have been top notch. Im in waaaay deep in cash in both! Again I was just speaking simply on that system. I dont mind pay'n for ANYTHING thats worth it. (would u buy it for your performance motor at that price?) by the way what part of Va. are u in?
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
Marv [UK] wrote:

Wow, Marv, thanks for the link.... I hadn't expanded my search outside of the US, but that is exactly what I want, and is a definite possibility for me!

Thats a nice header.. I'll be keeping it in mind as I get closer to my turbo build

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
lucille66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniman82 wrote:
lucille66 wrote:
Anyone have a dyno?

Are you seriously asking that living in OC? Your neighbor probably has one. Rolling Eyes When I lived in Lemoore, there was one at Roger Vogt's in Visalia that had a 3 pulls for $99 sale. Living where you do, you should have no trouble finding a local dyno.

Wanna pay for it? Didn't think so.
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing comes for free in this world man.........buck up or pack it.

78x94 with IDA's....oober fun

Horsepower is an addiction........Addictions cost
lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
veeweekid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he knows that, since he did "buck up" and buy an exhuast to test for all of us to see the results
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: