Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where is this Rometsch?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , nice tread here , The grundmanns coupe also have the vent windows...not much rometsch have them.

Keep up the good work, nice to see some history of old cars.
Greetings, Peter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pbaptist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: lost beeskow Reply with quote

SplitPersonality wrote:
overrestored wrote:

Gary also mentioned that there was a Beeskow hardtop... in burgundy... rolling around the Pasadena/altadena area... and he saw it once or twice... and then saw it once up on the lake tahoe area!

Eric

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This car is 99% confirmed to be Ray Schubert's car now. I believe we went through details and colorchips some years ago. Mark / Ray ?

Side note - Grundmann's now-silver Coupe is confirmed to be the car sold new to actor Gregory Peck...and it's first color was ... burgundy.

(Again note removed side trim and yet another variant of 356 taillights...)

While searching for Rometsch information on the internet, I got into contact with the person who owned this burgundy coupe from 1973 untill he sold it to a guy from the SF Bay area in the summer of 1985.

He aslo wrote me that he spend a couple of summers in Lake Tahoe.

Het was the one who installed the 356 taillight and made some technical changes to the car. The interior was done by his wife and she also choosed the red color. (originally it was some sort of blue). During his time and repaint, the car lost some of the original external trim.

I have more information and he will scan some pictures for me.

Mark / Ray, if you sent me a PM with your E-mail address, I will sent you more information and the contact details of the old owner

Regards
Patrick
4* Rometsch Lawrence (nr 534, 555, 558 and 561)

Karmann-Ghia Lowlight page and registry
Karmann-Ghia Collectibles database
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jim M
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: lost beeskow Reply with quote

pbaptist wrote:
SplitPersonality wrote:
overrestored wrote:

Gary also mentioned that there was a Beeskow hardtop... in burgundy... rolling around the Pasadena/altadena area... and he saw it once or twice... and then saw it once up on the lake tahoe area!

Eric

This car is 99% confirmed to be Ray Schubert's car now. I believe we went through details and colorchips some years ago. Mark / Ray ?

Side note - Grundmann's now-silver Coupe is confirmed to be the car sold new to actor Gregory Peck...and it's first color was ... burgundy.

While searching for Rometsch information on the internet, I got into contact with the person who owned this burgundy coupe from 1973 untill he sold it to a guy from the SF Bay area in the summer of 1985.

Het was the one who installed the 356 taillight and made some technical changes to the car. The interior was done by his wife and she also choosed the red color. (originally it was some sort of blue). During his time and repaint, the car lost some of the original external trim.

Mark / Ray, if you sent me a PM with your E-mail address, I will sent you more information and the contact details of the old owner

Regards
Patrick

That would have been me. After finding 3 of those cars that was the only one i ever bought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: lost beeskow Reply with quote

Jim M wrote:
pbaptist wrote:
SplitPersonality wrote:
overrestored wrote:

Eric

Regards
Patrick

That would have been me. After finding 3 of those cars that was the only one i ever bought.

Please find one for me Smile

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
qwerty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray's computer died - I tried to fix it and screwed it up. I am trying to get another one up and running for him. I will forward this thread info to him so he can contact you.
Mark
mozart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: lost beeskow Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Jim M wrote:
pbaptist wrote:
SplitPersonality wrote:
overrestored wrote:

Eric

Regards
Patrick

Please find one for me Smile

I believe the coupe in the b/w photo is the same bugundy coupe.
The promotional b/w photo was taken by my father in March '58 in front of Trader Vics in Beverly Hills.
pbaptist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: lost beeskow Reply with quote

Jim M wrote:

Hi Jim,

You bought this car in 1985 from Barry A, that's great.
What's your story about this car. How long did you owned it. What did you do with the car, To whom did you sold it?

regards
Patrick
4* Rometsch Lawrence (nr 534, 555, 558 and 561)

Karmann-Ghia Lowlight page and registry
Karmann-Ghia Collectibles database
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mozart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Another Rometsch Beeskow Reply with quote

Anyone know the where abouts of this Beeskow? This picture was taken in Los Angeles, CA around 1975.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need a Romy.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
overrestored
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Rometsch Beeskow Reply with quote

mozart wrote:

Anyone know the where abouts of this Beeskow? This picture was taken in Los Angeles, CA around 1975.

my guess is that it is either the wrecked armenian's beeskow... now in the secret stash of a stripper (not kidding!) in the LA area and still a wreck... or it is the one that Traugott bought years ago... that was turquoise and then repainted... red I am thinking... cant remember.
SplitPersonality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is number 256 - still alive in the Los Angeles area. As described in Eric's first alternative above.

Traugott's red one never left Germany and was never in Los Angeles.

Thank you for this very interesting photo mozart!
Rusted Relics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found 3 photos of the car mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I will try to post tomorrow.

They are from the same Bug-In, just a different view.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SplitPersonality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusted Relics wrote:
I have found 3 photos of the car mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I will try to post tomorrow.

They are from the same Bug-In, just a different view.

Great! We look forward to seeing them!
Stonefish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pixs turned up on another forum a few years back. Shots taken in Southern CA 30+ years ago....

1965 Notchback SCCA/PHA prepared, 1966 Bus, 1968 Beetle, 1969 Bus, 1970 Squareback, 1971 Fastback, 1973 Thing, 1983 Rabbit LS, 1986 Cabriolet, 1987 Viper VW powered "A" Sports Racer, 1996 Harlequin Golf, 2001 Eurovan Weekender, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2007 Passat 4Motion wagon.
Rusted Relics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures I spoke about.

Thanks Everrett for the photo help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SplitPersonality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot RustedRelics! Very interesting photos..

It is just sad to know this car was wrecked and dead in "post-VW-hobby"-years...
mozart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusted Relics wrote:
Here are the pictures I spoke about.

Thanks Everrett for the photo help.

Thanks for posting the pictures , Everett and Rusted Relics. I miss the Rometsch!
mozart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: lost beeskow Reply with quote

pbaptist wrote:
SplitPersonality wrote:
overrestored wrote:

Eric

Regards
Patrick

Another picture of this Beeskow
mozart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingsburgphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost track of this car in the early 80's. Any ideas?

edit; I recall the owners name may have been "Pat".

Last edited by kingsburgphil on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: