Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Radiator hose, which also works great on dual port end castings. Works kinda like late bus boots, the vacuum is what seals them completely. Runs amazing, not a lot of high end but so much torque I could pull stumps.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Radiator hose, which also works great on dual port end castings. Works kinda like late bus boots, the vacuum is what seals them completely. Runs amazing, not a lot of high end but so much torque I could pull stumps.

Sounds like you need larger tires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Horance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Ok I will join in here is a snapshot of my 73 Beetle (see video I pulled it from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7P5W07U94&feature=youtu.be)

VW_Buggsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Here is a pic of my engine compartment. It's a 1640CC engine in my 1974 body/1971 chassis (Titled VIA Chassis) beetle:

I think I'm doing pretty well keeping things stock-ish and nice on the motor. It's got a 71 air cleaner with the built in thermostat as well as all the fan shroud flaps and thermostat gear. It's meant to be a driver/beater car but that's no reason it can't be as decent as I can make it. I powder coated the tin myself but that was some time ago. Feel free to call out anything you like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kevlarian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Here's mine. I'm not to happy with the wires. I want to 'eliminate' the wires from view. Like they say, it's hard to make things easy.

This is how it used to look...

And now...

I'm going to do some more...so pics to come...
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Always interesting to play along. They change, how they change

69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kevlarian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Mikedrevguy wrote:
Always interesting to play along. They change, how they change
love the pinstripe. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my doghouse. Thinking of a theme. I'm really into tiki but not quite sure how to approach it. Great work. And clean.. Like I want mine to be one day
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

kevlarian wrote:
[te]love the pinstripe. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my doghouse. Thinking of a theme. I'm really into tiki but not quite sure how to approach it. Great work. And clean.. Like I want mine to be one day

Thanks. King Hat pin striping here in southern Oregon, (Phoenix specifically)
He is on Facebook
Always seeing more that needs addressed, little by little it gets done.

Enjoy.
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dencio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Daughter's bug.
apensity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

MI-Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

After a full rebuild this summer I finally have a photo to share. It's a 1970 1600 SP with and ported heads (stock valve size) and a CB Performance 2280 "Cheater Cam".

mcdonaldneal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Ooh, ooh! That looks nice, and sounds very similar to what I am thinking of doing when I rebuild our '70 1600sp Ghia.
I'd be really interested to hear how you find the rebuilt engine compared to before...
Did you stick with 10mm studs in the end? What is your carb and distributor combo? Would be great to hear!
Nice work!

Stop dead photo links! Post photos to The Samba Gallery!
MI-Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

mcdonaldneal wrote:
Ooh, ooh! That looks nice, and sounds very similar to what I am thinking of doing when I rebuild our '70 1600sp Ghia.
I'd be really interested to hear how you find the rebuilt engine compared to before...
Did you stick with 10mm studs in the end? What is your carb and distributor combo? Would be great to hear!
Nice work!

Thanks. Yes, I did stay with 10mm studs. My engine builder friend (who builds Formula Vee race engines) said not to worry. 10mm will work just fine. Very Happy

Stock 30 PICT 3 carb., vacuum advance distributor and muffler for now. The plan is to add dual Kadrons and a better exhaust in the near future while retaining the vacuum advance distributor.

As for performance, the car definitely pulls stronger now and I'm able to keep up with traffic no problem. I can cruise down the freeway at 70-75 mph and not feel I'm topped out. Hope this helps.
mr_bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

1776 with ZENITH 32NDIX carb & 019 dist.

"Mr Bill"
Dos Perros Motorsports
Orange, CA
1972 Class 11x/Stock Bug
'60's era "vintage" Tunnell-Buggy

"...no one here....get's out ALIVE...."

Motor = electric
Engine = internal combustion

www.facebook.com/groups/DosPerrosMotorsports
www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat4olsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

My engine with the new central air cleaner made from a 1967 Oil bath filter. Inside the filterhousing is now a KN filter. Air is drawn from the underside of the filterhousing (where the carb used to be).
Engine is a 2109 oxyboxer. Dual 44 Weber, web 163 cam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

stock 1600i

'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

VW_Buggsy wrote:
Here is a pic of my engine compartment. It's a 1640CC engine in my 1974 body/1971 chassis (Titled VIA Chassis) beetle:

Is that some sort of beer can wrap around your coil?
I like.
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

68Bug-lite wrote:
VW_Buggsy wrote:

Is that some sort of beer can wrap around your coil?
I like.

https://www.yuengling.com

Zebedee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Show off your engine bay! - Post your pics!! Reply with quote

Its a little bit empty in there at the moment. Laughing

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Jump to:
Page 58 of 70

Jump to: