Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tires for rear of Woods buggy....
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods buggies are generally a lot heavier, more diagonal bracing, usually geared lower than sand buggies.
I've had both.
Mid engine Bugpack Fugitive for the sand and a BeeLine Kodiak chassis for the woods.
The sand buggy was light, almost fleeting.
Used Douglas wheels with smoothees and paddles tires.
My current woods buggy is almost cumbersome compared to the Bugpack chassis.
But it's built to go off road, climb steep terrain, wallow through some pretty deep mud and bang off trees with little effect.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TravisChattin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw somewhere that woodsbuggies tended to be shorter in length than sandrails...That's all that I can recall.. but I have seen that in liturature recently.. sorry that I cannot cite it though.
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TravisChattin wrote:
I saw somewhere that woodsbuggies tended to be shorter in length than sandrails...That's all that I can recall.. but I have seen that in liturature recently.. sorry that I cannot cite it though.

My last sand buggy was 100" WB.
My current off road buggy is 103" but with 3x3 trailing arms so very comparable in length.
You usually don't see too many really short woods buggies because they are a lot easier to flip.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: