Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

53 Pre A. Please Help
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find......do not weld in restoration design floors in that poor thing,they do not have correct pressing/profiles and you or someone else will regret it later,the danish floors are the most correct pressings for a car like this
356uk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the statement above but for the cost I am not really that bothered about a tiny detail like that. the difference is very small between the two..

Anyway the car.. I have to say if your the only person in the race then your doing well. !st make sure he owns the dam thing before you part with cash..

second I agree with the others you can't go wrong to be honest. For the money I would start at $15k and work up $20k is the right price at best for it but $15k is more like the real price. Its a good enough starting point and you will always get your money back, if you got stuck so your in the right starting place just $15k is a lot for normal people like you and me to put up for a project before you even buy a panel but a 53 is always going to be a good car to own..

By the way he is interested in selling the Fiat( datsun, i forget but I know the car I saw them in LA and thought I like that... 70's thing ) behind the convertable one looks burgandy under all the dust..

My missing Classic Porsche MOJO.......

If I sound not interested it's cos I lost interest years ago.. no one gets out alive in this life anyway.
356 & 912's owner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting to see pics of it at your house getting washed. Smile

Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
teamsimple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: I bought the red one listed above and PS it is Vin 50064 Reply with quote

arrived on new years eve. These two cars have a race history. Restored worth over $200,000 easy. Did someone buy 50065? Be careful most of these chat rooms are crab pots for vendors. everybody thinks they have a friend in car sales. what that really means is that the guy who sells them cars is so good at the b.s. they think they got a good deal when what the got was the big screw. Car guys are great but many in the porsche world are not. 50064 has had $90,000 put into it including purchase of $21,500. Shipping $1,250, Engine restore $17,000. 16 inch wheels, turbo rims, nuts, other misc stuff $20,000 and then the labor today $35,000 with about $70,000 more to go and two more years at least. This is not for the faint of heart but to me worth it. would like to know who bought 50065. I may have many race photo's of your car. [email protected]
G7miami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Welcome to your new Home. Reply with quote

Added to the 9 others. WTF is wrong with me and my brother.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
James Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool car! What's the history on it? Would love to see more photos.

I have a silver '53 coupe too.
G7miami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Waiting on COA and title history Reply with quote

I know it's a numbers matching engine, 1500 motor, but short of that I'm just starting to get the information collected. It was last tagged in 1989
James Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting on COA and title history Reply with quote

G7miami wrote:
I know it's a numbers matching engine, 1500 motor, but short of that I'm just starting to get the information collected. It was last tagged in 1989

Cool! If you have any questions, post away. '53 coupes are my specialty, mostly because I'm restoring mine right now.

James
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: