Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

fuel injected A21 case???
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
budisatva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: fuel injected A21 case??? Reply with quote

So my single port 1600 is on it's way out. now i'm shopping for a used motor. i came across an AJ case for $200. What i believe to be a fuel injected 1776? Am i right? The owner knows nothing of the motor. it appears to have dual port heads for carburation. So my question would be, can I just use an electric fuel pump as there is no place for a mechanical fuel pump? Is $200 a good deal? it does have the fly wheel and intake mainfold. just minus carberator and distributor.. thanks for any info
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the heads first, those FI engines run hot so there might be cracks. Crying or Very sad

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: fuel injected A21 case??? Reply with quote

budisatva wrote:
So my single port 1600 is on it's way out. now i'm shopping for a used motor. i came across an AJ case for $200. What i believe to be a fuel injected 1776? Am i right? The owner knows nothing of the motor. it appears to have dual port heads for carburation. So my question would be, can I just use an electric fuel pump as there is no place for a mechanical fuel pump? Is $200 a good deal? it does have the fly wheel and intake mainfold. just minus carberator and distributor.. thanks for any info

$200 for a case or a longblock or a complete engine minus carb and dist? Very confusing post and miniman is correct, it really depends on the condition as to whether it's a good deal or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
budisatva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let me rephrase myself..
It is an AJ longblock with flywheel and intake manifold (dual port, single carb).. The motor looks very clean, although that means nothing. Only thing i looked at was inside the valve covers. I will pull the heads off and inspect further. I'm sure i can get it for less then $200.00. So if it checks out, would that be a reasonable price for such a motor?
Matthew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the end-play while you are inspecting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sturgeongeneral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$200 wouldn't be bad for it. $150 would be a fairer price. $250 or so complete.
My fiberglass car collection!

In honor of bowtie56jw:Another victim of the nasty "C" Praying for ya Jeff!

My exwife said if I towed home one more bug she would leave me. You know, every once in a while I miss her
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: