Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sun Bug?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74sun_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also interested in getting a metal sun bug emblem too. Smile
CPL_Guimonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2 make that ME TOO! Very Happy
jonwiemer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to sell a 74 sunbug-it has been painted black on the outside but is in perfect condition and has the otiginal metallic gold inside and miraculously the paint "birth certificate" was taped off for some reason (maybe they knew someting-i can see gold corners showing slightly). it has a sunroof and im guessing very few if any after market parts-it is possible every piece on it is original, i will post why if someone can answer how much they go for-im not trying to make a killing, actually in a hurry to sell.
jonwiemer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely interested in VW's-both my uncles always drove them and my uncle-well my namesake-jon, is an avid collector, buyer, seller, owner of a volkswagon mechanic shp (not just-guy did all imports, loves VW"s so much he works on them for free, last i knew had every model ever made that is able to be bought on his property. If anyone out there wants to talk vw"s let me know. I am not a rich man but i want to do what my uncle did-never work another day in my life it his passion and recently i have realized it is mine as well. My first car came from my uncle-a 76 rabbit. Had 190,000 miles and i put almost 400K plus on that volvo straight 5. My uncle and i never talked my entire life untill 2 months ago when my dad was diagnosed, not a drama thing-just how my family works. obviously i need a hobby-actually a new career and i want in. I have never been a car guy but have alwyas fixed some of the most complicated things you could imagine on my broken down trucks when i first started my business in the construction industry-not at all because i feel i am more inteligent than an average person-always out of shear necessity of no way to pay. I guess what im saying is i know formal training is great-i know from my own life-real people who live it and actually have passion for anything is the best way to learn stuff classes cannot teach ya
alexvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post an ad in the classifieds. People arent in the forums to buy stuff! It'll help you Very Happy

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575769&highlight=
TjdTaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I've seen 74 Standards that were SunBugs with no sunroof.

BTW.. that SunBug badge was not original, it was added by some dealers.

well that is definately wrong. The sunbugs were 74 beetles with SUNROOFS or the Convertable. There is NO possible way that a 74 sunbug wont have a sunroof, that was the whole point.

Beetle Bums VW Club Member

Jamies74sb wrote:
I can't see myself cutting up my super beetle . Maybe a oval or 61 or so with the small windows
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: