Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hiding places in Bugs and Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghia Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got stopped by a cop one night in my ghia. He gave me a field sobriety test (it was 2am and I was tired) I passed all the tests no questions asked. Then asked if I was carrying any weapons illegal firearms and asked word for word if I had a bazooka, no Im not kidding. I told him I wouldnt know where to put it.
Then he asked me to step out of the car...
Long story short I let him search my vehicle and he neglected to look in my sun visors, the map pockets, and under my rear seat (had some beer from 2003 back there and that shit was skanky.

he tried to pop my trunk after he told me his cute little story about a friend that had a ghia back in highschool. He couldnt get it open and I was standing next to his backup (college students in ghias are dangerous) so he kept fiddling with it. I asked the backup if it was illegal to have a can of oil in the trunk, he thought I said gun but I assured him I was kidding. The other cop kept trying to open it and the backup told me to go help him. I did. So he walks back to us. He asked me if I was going home, naturally I said yes, and then he asked with a funny tone "where is home"
I turned and pointed at the door 5 feet from me and said "right there".

Good places to hide:
Under back seat in a ghia obviously. If you have the jump seat down, there little likely hood that cops know that its a seat, looks just like a luggage tray.

Zippers in the seat. good for a little baggie full of... tic tacs or something

The best place to me would be to take off the ghia tail light lenzes and brackets and hell you could fit a like a lb of tic tacs in there
This will likely change tomorrow to something else.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
west coast ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowmoblie oven (yes you read it right) we use them in the off road world when rockcrawling. i would mount one behind the fan shroud. the lid snaps on. never had one open when playing off road.
Old_Ben_Gun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

1989 Vanagon: 1) Interior tunnel in the drivers door. Access from rear door edge. Large enough for a machete. 2) Cut out compartments under the drivers and passengers seat. Large enough to install the drawer kit. Lockable. 3) Around the interior of water tank area. 4) under the aft end of the L/H aft closet. Oil funnel & Rag. 5) Behind/forward of the glove box big enough to install and amp for the stereo. 6) Outside interior of the aft air vents in a zip lock bag . Good for passports & documents.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

Fuel injected busses have a storage box for the ECM just above #1 that could store lots. A new beetle has a cavern in the top of the drivers side dash, I stowed my .40 S&W in the center section of the dash when I accidentally took the wrong split going through DC & ended up right in the middle of it (mandatory time if you even have a shell casing).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You could stash all sorts of stuff here, just know it gets wet here

Here's what the center easily holds.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

I just paint everything in Camo green! People can hardly see me when I wear my camo shorts.... People are always bumping into too. So I actually decided to just not go anywhere Rolling Eyes Wink

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

therealfrogman wrote:
I just paint everything in Camo green! People can hardly see me when I wear my camo shorts.... People are always bumping into too. So I actually decided to just not go anywhere Rolling Eyes Wink

Laughing Laughing

Today I saw a camo painted freezer at HomeCrapo. d'oh!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding Places Reply with quote

Harris wrote:
The two "Black Holes" are good. The place you don't dare drop a socket or screw. Tie wrapped stash with small gauge black electrical wire, Lower it in and tape down wire with electrical tape. Hide the other end of the wire. It looks like a normal wiring layout. Not easy to get to, but also hard to detect.

I found an old pair of Snap-On pliers down there once. Laughing
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

A guy over here in the UK imported a bus from the states which had been impounded for suspected drug smuggling. During the resto he cut the belly pans off, and the space above them was solid with weed. Looks like the police missed that one...
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Stuggi wrote:
secret stash

I used to keep my joints behind the late model Beetle horn button.

x 2 That is a good place to hide some cash and small cellophane bags with pharmaceutical ingredients.
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

Whole lotta stoners up in here. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
itskyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiding places in Bugs and Buses Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Glenn wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
Glenn wrote:
Stuggi wrote:
secret stash

I used to keep my joints behind the late model Beetle horn button.

Bummer if the contact sparked a little too much...

Then you'll get a "contact" high Wink

Very true! But if you mellow out with the smoke, you'll probably stop using the horn anyway!

And then drive to,the nearest drive through...
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (I miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: