Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Subaru Swap
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SambaUser1M
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kermatt wrote:
Pretty cool. Why has this thread died? I'll post pix here soon. I need wiring, fuel lines, doors, and a line for my hydraulic clutch...that's about what in down to

Hydraulic clutch line is surprisingly easy to make and the tools are usually available for rental from parts stores like Autozone. You might even be able to pick up some premade lines at NAPA and join them together.

It sounds like we're at similar stages. Post pics of your clutch master mount and any details you can.
kermatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you flip back thru this thread, you'll see pix of my clutch master and how i mounted it.

I think i decided to go with a badass aluminium shortened oil sump from Martin at www.bugat5speed.de They arent cheap, but it seems like a good investment. Its gonna cost around 450 and I'll have to make the shortened pick up tube, but it was that or one for a steel one around 300 from Outfront.
2.5" Drop
Ghia Rear torsions, short caps, adj spring plates
Front Disc brakes
E brake/turning brake mod
Custom apron w reverse opening hood
Custom Instrument cluster "Box"
Clear coat on bare metal!
kermatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shortened, ALUMINUM oil pan is on the way from Germany, 475 bux with shipping, but really a nice unit. Bugat 5speed, Martin is the owner
2.5" Drop
Front Disc brakes
thinksand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: More pictures Reply with quote

I am interested to see where your project is so far. Have you done anymore to it?
gprudenciop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my swap. except for the ripped motor mounts and blown clutch it runs great!!! rear radiators and all.running megasquirt 3 subagears 5 speed.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

gprudenciop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini cooper radiators peeking out from the bottom.

Last edited by gprudenciop on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
kooldub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ that is AWESOME!! Twisted Evil
here's my crappy build thread of my ej22 powered fasty... Cool

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612042

70 Squareback
73 Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kermatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My project took a back seat to paintball seasin this summer, but i just recieved my fuse block and am starting the wiring process with my Haltech e6k ecu.

Oil pan is here-its awesome. does anyone have advice for adjusting the length on the oil pick up? I think I'll build a sleeve, cut a section from the tube, put a 5mm shim on the bottom of the pan, then mount the pan so it lifts the oil screen the 5mm. The sleeve should hold the tube in place once i remove the pan and check the tube.

Am i right?
2.5" Drop
Front Disc brakes
ErikTande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru-powered VWs wiki Reply with quote

SambaUser1M wrote:
Guys,

Just throwing this out there. You're welcome to flesh out this wiki I started building this afternoon. http://subies4dubs.wikidot.com/

I'm collecting everything I need for my build and waiting for parts at the moment. So while I'm researching the other items I need to buy, or things I need to do next, I'm collecting all the links and resources I've used over the last year and placing them in a wiki. I'm finding it a lot easier than trying to sort through my browser bookmarks.

Wow thanks! This should be helpful when I'm ready to swap my engine out.
Zvonimir1985
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

Hey guys!
Does anyone has exact measurements for engine mount holder to late bay? I would like to make my own but with theirs proportions.

Thank you!

P.S. Any advice for getting ej20 into bay is welcome! Especially with some good schemes. From what car did you take radiator and fan?
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

I cant get the damn air out of the coolant system and running hot. any solutions?

gprudenciop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

Jack it up wherever your radiator cap is located and than run it for a bit while topping it off.make sure you have the bypass hooked up that normally goes to heater core also check your thermostat. May the force be with you!
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

gprudenciop wrote:
Jack it up wherever your radiator cap is located and than run it for a bit while topping it off.make sure you have the bypass hooked up that normally goes to heater core also check your thermostat. May the force be with you!

Was able to get it working right by taking a expansion bottle from a Nissan at pick your part and connecting it to my heater lines above the engine. took just 20 min or so and a few on and offs to get all the air out. So glad no more overheating.

Finished product.
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

After driving for a for a few miles and coming to a stop it feels like one of the cylinders stops firing and it runs ruff when i hit the gas. Once i turn it off and back on it runs normally till i stop 3 or 4 times and then it does it again. Doesn't do it every time bbut every now and then. Any ideas?
danielzink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

otakuphill wrote:
After driving for a for a few miles and coming to a stop it feels like one of the cylinders stops firing and it runs ruff when i hit the gas. Once i turn it off and back on it runs normally till i stop 3 or 4 times and then it does it again. Doesn't do it every time bbut every now and then. Any ideas?

Do you have a VSS installed ?

Have you pulled codes yet ?

www.danielzink.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

danielzink wrote:
otakuphill wrote:

Do you have a VSS installed ?

Turns out it was a cable. replaced and now it runs right.
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

what radiator is everyone using? i have a civic 1.6l radiator and it runs a little warm. around 210-220ish. I think i should get a better one but not sure where i should get it from.

Joel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

Those radiators work well, you just need to enclose it properly so air goes through it not around and get more air flow to it, you havent opened up the apron so you are reliant on your fan which can only handle so much heat load.
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

now i have a issue that is causing the car to only rev as high as 4k rpm. i was having a idle issue and found one of my ignition cables was loose. after reconnecting it it idles and runs fine but it wont go past 4k rpm. I reset the ecu to no avail. Any ideas?
danielzink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru Swap Reply with quote

www.danielzink.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: