Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TexasAircooledParts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: TexasAircooledParts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 25, 2024
Perry Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo, You better read uour ad. You listed Scat chromoly rockers and rods and an all new engine. That is not the case. You told me my Scat heads would ship as soon as you received the others. That has been 2 weeks .oem cooler, not. Thats fraud dude. If I receive the right heads at my door by Wednesday I might back off in all the other stuff I have been looking over . I am trying to be nice. You are gonna quit selling engines that are not what is advertised.
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry Fisher wrote:
Ricardo, You better read uour ad. You listed Scat chromoly rockers and rods and an all new engine. That is not the case. You told me my Scat heads would ship as soon as you received the others. That has been 2 weeks .oem cooler, not. Thats fraud dude. If I receive the right heads at my door by Wednesday I might back off in all the other stuff I have been looking over . I am trying to be nice. You are gonna quit selling engines that are not what is advertised.

Perry, I updated all running ads. "Chromoly" was removed from the ad under the rocker arms, and I added SCAT 20130 as a part#. I did send the order to SCAT as soon as I got them. I can't control backorders, if this were a perfect world.. I could. I changed the ad to what it should have "OEM style oil cooler". I just told you, that the heads are backordered and they will not ship until this coming week, how do you want the heads delivered by Wednesday? If we had realistic deadlines, it would be fair. All I can do is call and push them on Monday morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Perry Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo, It is a shame I have to post your actions on the Samba to get you to respond to my inquiries about my replacement parts. You told me 3 weeks ago you would send the scat heads when youI received the bad ones.You told me over a week ago my heads were shipping out by end of week but today you tell me they have not shipped yet. Honestly I do not know what is true. I am almost ready to order heads from another supplier and pay for another set of heads so I can have something to drive.
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry Fisher wrote:
Ricardo, It is a shame I have to post your actions on the Samba to get you to respond to my inquiries about my replacement parts. You told me 3 weeks ago you would send the scat heads when youI received the bad ones.You told me over a week ago my heads were shipping out by end of week but today you tell me they have not shipped yet. Honestly I do not know what is true. I am almost ready to order heads from another supplier and pay for another set of heads so I can have something to drive.

I sent the order the SCAT before you put anything on here. It's a shame you don't know what backorder means. I told you information based one SCAT having them in stock. SCAT was out of stock.
They shipped yesterday UPS 1Z9761890352279969 Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southtexrail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a doghouse conversion kit for my 67 vw. Aprox. A month ago. I drove out there to his "shop" and in person paid full amount for all items upfront.I received a doghouse n 4seals at the time he said he would have to order the oilcooler and look for the adapter plate that goes with that cooler cuz he had multiple ones used in a box according to him . He said I would get my parts that following thursday but that ddidn't happend I called thursday he said he would get my parts next day or saturday I called yesterday a week later 6.19.13 he answered and said he thinks my part is in that he would check he returned to the phone only to tell me he would call me back cuz he was busy with a customer .... he never called back so i called him 7 times no answer n I'm not waiting anymore I'm not even going to attempt to call him or deal with him anymore. I'm getting my money back for sure.
rasnake11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Texas Aircooled is a JOKE!!!!!! Reply with quote

Sorry it's my first post! The only reason that I'm posting is that these guys are so bad! I should have known when he said let me take your phone number and he will call you back because he is under a car and working. Why would you answer the phone if you can't help more than taking down a phone number. Two days later and no returned call and they do not answer. Ricardo if you really are out there my order number is #1624.
Barry_mann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been fighting with this guy for 7 months. I will eventually follow up with a complete write up. But to keep it short... His damages outweigh his cost.

Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!! Dont let him do to you what he has done to me.
Barry_mann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_mann wrote:
I have been fighting with this guy for 7 months. I will eventually follow up with a complete write up. But to keep it short... His damages outweigh his cost.

Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!! Dont let him do to you what he has done to me.

anyone that is currently dealing with him can pm me. I will give you the lowdown.
Barry_mann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell silent cause after this posting he contacted me immediately and promised it will be done by Sunday. Sunday evening his father called me, he sounded sincere and stated that it would be done by Wednesday evening.... I haven't heard anything since. I have drove that 100 mile trip too many times over false promises.
Newd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just registered on the site to tell you I think I'm the newest victim. Ordered a 94mm Piston and Sleeve set on Jan 9th. Was told it had shipped 3 times, once a week only after calling, before I found out the vendor was out of stock of 94's last week. Requested a refund twice now and still have a empty bank account.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed he has not visited the site Nov. 20, 2013.

I removed all of his ads.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barry_mann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! I posted in November saying he was going to be done.

The motor was completed in just under a year. Obviously no tuning has been done because the engine runs like crap under a load. He switched out my new bolt on covers to used, rusty clip ons. This thing leaks half the oil out a day. Charged me for new tins but I received my same ones spray painted chrome (yes, krylon chrome).

Ricardo left the company to his dad before I could pick the engine up. They refused to let me hear it run.............. They basically ripped me off, but I am smart enough not to take it back to them for warranty work..... hell, it took them a year, they lied on every other correspondence and the ones in between was covering the lies........

Do not give them a nickel! They need to be ran out of town! Im not the suing type, but I feel like suing these ******* for everything they have... which most likely isn't much.

DO NOT DO BUSNUISS WITH THESE CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting my money back after reporting them to the Houston Bbb. Online process was fairly simple.
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_mann wrote:

The motor was completed in just under a year. Obviously no tuning has been done because the engine runs like crap under a load. He switched out my new bolt on covers to used, rusty clip ons. This thing leaks half the oil out a day. Charged me for new tins but I received my same ones spray painted chrome (yes, krylon chrome).

Ricardo left the company to his dad before I could pick the engine up. They refused to let me hear it run.............. They basically ripped me off, but I am smart enough not to take it back to them for warranty work..... hell, it took them a year, they lied on every other correspondence and the ones in between was covering the lies........

Do not give them a nickel! They need to be ran out of town! Im not the suing type, but I feel like suing these ******* for everything they have... which most likely isn't much.

Barry- Please see your post, we have responded to it.

We are honest folks here.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589756&highlight=

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_mann wrote:

Hello Barry,
We kept in contact throughout the whole build, so I dont see how you are so surprised at the time it took to complete.
We provided you with NEW BOLT ON covers.
The ONLY tin you paid for was the cool tin.
The only tin that was painted was the rusted cheap chrome ones, and they were painted silver out of OUR COURTESY!!
If you dont bring it back for warranty work how can you even have the balls to talk bad about us if you dont even give us a chance????

BTW, Ricardo is still here.. just because I do not answer the phone and my dad does that does not mean I am not here. I dont see why you have to hide behind a computer screen and bad mouth a company when you can come down and work it out in person like any other normal person would... you are in town...
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newd wrote:
Just registered on the site to tell you I think I'm the newest victim. Ordered a 94mm Piston and Sleeve set on Jan 9th. Was told it had shipped 3 times, once a week only after calling, before I found out the vendor was out of stock of 94's last week. Requested a refund twice now and still have a empty bank account.

Yes, they were out of stock from AA Pistons, and they are a drop ship item.
its hard to control the shortages in the market.
The piston set was refunded already in February Refund (Unique Transaction ID # 3W787966NK0227135)
The rest of your order was delivered in January USPS 9400110200829055695626

Thanks
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: an email we received from a customer today Order #1799 Reply with quote

An email we received from a customer today Order #1799

Quote:
Hello,
I just wanted to send an email saying how pleased I am with your service. I placed my order late on Thursday afternoon and according to usps my shipment is sitting on my doorstep. Seems to me that most VW parts dealers sit on orders for days at a time and there is very little communication. This was not the case with Texas Aircooled Parts. I was kept in the loop at all times and received my items very fast. Just thought it was worth a minute of my time to tell you I appreciate it. Please pass this message along to the boss.
Thanks again,
Clayton Hubbell

Sent from my iPhone=

Thank you Clayton! Happy Buggin! He ordered 1 set of Bolt on covers USPS 9405510200828188751073
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Texas Air Cooled Reply with quote

Placed my order with Texas Air Cooled on-line and it processed on May 23rd 2014, No tracking info was available on-line so I e-mailed them a couple of times over the next two weeks and they did not reply, finally I called Texas Air Cooled on June the 4th and they were very nice and said my order had to be split into 2 parts because the Pistons and Cylinders had to drop ship from AA Pistons but that all the other parts had shipped but they did not have the tracking numbers. The very next day the parts from Texas Aircooled arrived at my little post office here in Oregon and all is well. The paper work in the box showed the tracking number and they had shipped from Texas Air Cooled on June 1st Priority Mail. So (2 weeks) in total! Just hoping AA Pistons comes through with the shipment of AA Brand Pistons and Cylinders, no tracking number or anything!
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Texas Air Cooled Reply with quote

Danwvw wrote:
Placed my order with Texas Air Cooled on-line and it processed on May 23rd 2014, No tracking info was available on-line so I e-mailed them a couple of times over the next two weeks and they did not reply, finally I called Texas Air Cooled on June the 4th and they were very nice and said my order had to be split into 2 parts because the Pistons and Cylinders had to drop ship from AA Pistons but that all the other parts had shipped but they did not have the tracking numbers. The very next day the parts from Texas Aircooled arrived at my little post office here in Oregon and all is well. The paper work in the box showed the tracking number and they had shipped from Texas Air Cooled on June 1st Priority Mail. So (2 weeks) in total! Just hoping AA Pistons comes through with the shipment of AA Brand Pistons and Cylinders, no tracking number or anything!

Dan, please PM me your name on the order, or sales number, I'll check up on this with Richard first thing when I get into the shop tomorrow

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I didn't check here before placing an order, though I did check their facebook page immediately after placing the order and realized I might have made a mistake.

It seems to be the luck of the draw on rather you get what you order, in a timely fashion or not.

Texas Air Cooled is down in Houston, I'm in Dallas. Standard UPS shipping from Houston to Dallas is next day, so I figure I can place my order on a Monday and at least receive my items by Friday, assuming they are shipped out in a timely fashion. All parts ordered were said to be IN STOCK.

Here's the problem, you can't have a business location in TEXAS, and say you have something IN STOCK yet DROP SHIP FROM CHINA. Or wherever the drop shipments happen to be coming from, apparently they are out of stock as well.

I kind of got a bad feeling after looking at Texas Air Cooled facebook page, and there were multiple posts of people waiting three weeks or more to receive their "in stock" parts.

After receiving no response from Ricardo after several emails I started a Paypal claim. Here are the details -

Quote:
Order placed on May 26th, items shown to be in stock and, shipping offered was 2 day.

Emailed seller requesting information on order, and on May 27th I was told order would be shipping "today or tomorrow".

On May 30th emailed seller requesting tracking number for package, no response.

On June 3rd emailed seller again for tracking number, no response.

On June 9th emailed seller requesting order be canceled, have not received a response or a refund from seller.

Out of the order totaling $228.18 I have received the items from the order totaling $48.95 + $4.04 tax, equaling $52.99 worth of goods received. Therefore I would like a refund of the remaining portion of the order which I haven't received, Totaling $175.19.

On sellers website order is still listed as "processing" after over two weeks.

I received some valve covers and a gasket kit, pistons are still MIA. I actually called the next day after placing the order because I was going to cancel it, I decided to go a different route with my engine rebuild. The person answering the phone told me they couldn't look up orders online because the online portion was a different company, that I had to email Ricardo.

I immediately emailed Ricardo asking him the status of the order, at which point he said part of the order had already shipped (The valve covers and gaskets), and the pistons would be shipping in "a day or two".

The valve covers and gaskets were received approximately a week later - lie number one, they were not already shipped as he said.

The piston kit, no information, obviously not shipped "in a day or two".

I get it people only leave feedback when it's negative, but when you have pages of people complaining about the EXACT SAME ISSUE, for over two years, I think that says something about the business.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Air-Cooled-wwwTexasAirCooledcom/110406872356054?sk=reviews

Matthew Lydeen
This guy is a straight up scam. He told me my parts had shipped 4 times but would not give me a tracking number. Finally after a month of excuses I found that the parts that said they were in stock were on back order from the manufacturer. I finally received the parts and they did not fit as it said on the website. After calling him out about the wrong info on his site he tried to tell me that the info isnt on his site. He finally said I could return them and to email him the box size and weight and he would email me a shipping label......never got a shipping label. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY
about 5 months ago

Rojr RoVjr
A person or business without integrity is one with nothing worth supporting. An ethical person or business does not take money for parts of service and then not deliver.
From the reviews it would indicate a lack of honesty and integrity
at Texas Air Cooled.
they say they have a 1000 likes, wondering if they might have 2000 dis-likes?????????

James Gilmore
I have been waiting a year and a half but I have come up with a plan after speaking with the Houston P.D. My purchase was more than $500 I have credit card statement in hand and will be filing felony theft charges soon. Be vary aware do not do business with Texas air cooled!

Nelson Sánchez Ruiz
This website is not any serious. Take care they just can take your money.

Jay Son
After more than 2 month I'm still waiting for my parts..PEOPLE BEWARE, TEXAS AIRCOOLED IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF".... AND I'LL BE POSTING IN TEXAS NEWS PAPER THAT THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF...WATCH THIS OUT, THEY WONT BE ABLE TO DELETE MY POST IN THE NEWS PAPERS...HAHAHAHAHAHA
about 6 months ago

Julio C Gomez
still waiting on parts
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: