Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel cell help
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skunkynugget
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Fuel cell help Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a square fuel cell with what I believe to be a sender unit already installed (I bought this buggy 75% complete) but I would love to have a gauge. Any suggestions? Would the previously posted solution of running clear tubing from to to bottom work with a square style? Since the tank has a sender would a stock vw gauge read correctly? Cells in the back how would I wire it? Thanks again guys!
Skunkynugget
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, wasn't able to get an actual photo of my cell but here is one I found on another forum that looks identical. At this point I'm positive it's the sender but in order I make it work with the stock gauge I have on my buggy j would need to figure out the ohms for the sender and the gauge right? How do I find out what the sender puts out? The gauge I have is a stock vw gauge again this isn't my picture but it's identical to what I have

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Oof sorry about the size, I'm doing all this from an iPhone and it's getting really annoying
mkparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a stab at this. Get a resistance reading on your sender when full and when empty. Should be 0-90 ohms or 0-70 or something similar. Here is a page that describes how VW gauges work, pick your year model and study up.

http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/htm/fuel_ga.htm
Skunkynugget
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: