Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Porsche hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
Might not get to eager on 356. If I can get a real smokin' deal of course I will get it. I am very realistic on what this fatchick will need. That being said I will most likely save money for a more desiarable or more documented example.
PS- Every FATCHICK I have fucked, fuck like it is their last time. Cool

Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hugheseum wrote:
well,actually i think the pre 68 "flat sided" 912/911s have a sexyness all their own,if given the choice on a monetary basis i would choose a 356 no matter what.......but between a fatty b and a early 912 i choose the 912,they are one of the funnest,well built and refined flat4s ever

hard to say where it falls into the "fatchickness" theory.....actually now that i think about it,"fatchick isnt apropos for t6 cars,they are still 356s,so i think since buses didnt become fatchicks until a serious facelift,the porsche should also become fatchick in 65 with the 911/912

-356 = sexy

-356a=chunkybutt

-356t5=fatass

-356t6=balloonbutt

-912/911=fatchick

I disagree with your logic and curse you to a lifetime of 914's, but no 914-6's. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from sexy to fatchick,i have at least one of each,no 914s but honestly sometimes the early ones with the porsche script written on the rockers look good to me,the irony is the 914 kicks all the aboves ass except the 911 on straight
Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 914 is butt ugly but when they are properly set up they can really kick some ass on the track you are correct.
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal is done on 911. Will be making offer on 356 when I pick up 911. Anyone interested in 914's PM me as I will be selling these cars for the older gentleman. Will post ads for 914's by New Years.
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it comes to a wanna-be porsche owner's opinion (not that it matters) ANY 356 is a sight to behold if it is a real one. as a VW owner i am so bleeping tired of seeing fiberglass kit 356's it makes me sick , so when i see a genuine pre-A, A ,B and elusive C i damn near cream my pants. of course when it comes to 911's/912's as long as the 912 is a 69 its beautiful in my book, and 911's no later than 73. but than again , im just a VW Fastback owner so what do i know Laughing

-Trevor
Carson City, NV
69 Fasty

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:
when it comes to a wanna-be porsche owner's opinion (not that it matters) ANY 356 is a sight to behold if it is a real one. as a VW owner i am so bleeping tired of seeing fiberglass kit 356's it makes me sick , so when i see a genuine pre-A, A ,B and elusive C i damn near cream my pants. of course when it comes to 911's/912's as long as the 912 is a 69 its beautiful in my book, and 911's no later than 73. but than again , im just a VW Fastback owner so what do i know Laughing

-Trevor
Carson City, NV
69 Fasty

I hate those fiberglass kits cars, too. It makes me laugh when the guys who own them refer to them as "P cars." The only thing "P" about them is the script that they stuck on the fiberglass decklids.
Cohibra45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
VWporscheGT3 wrote:

-Trevor
Carson City, NV
69 Fasty

I hate those fiberglass kits cars, too. It makes me laugh when the guys who own them refer to them as "P cars." The only thing "P" about them is the script that they stuck on the fiberglass decklids.

Careful, snobbery starting to show thru........ Laughing Laughing Laughing
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cohibra45 wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
VWporscheGT3 wrote:

-Trevor
Carson City, NV
69 Fasty

Careful, snobbery starting to show thru........ Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not really, I only own a 912. Nothing to get snobbish about there unless I am comparing it to a 914 Laughing
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah i dont even own a Porsche , but i appreciate the beauty of a REAL one

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: 911 Home Reply with quote

The 911S made it home today. Great start to the New Year! Deal was made on 356 Very Happy Super cheap!!! To shitty out to spend time taking pics of the 914's. Fresh 4" of snow makes for interesting times.
howiesfamily
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a Ghia sitting in an overgrown driveway and went to investigate. He also has a late bay Westy and a splitty bus. Then there were the twin yellow 914's. Then under 40 years of dust.... the 356. Any idea what year this thing is from the pics or would I need to do some more investigating? Thinking about offering to get all the other ones running in exchange for the 356.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rounded hood and high bumper say it's an early b, a 60 or 61
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t5 coupe
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thinking about offering to get all the other ones running in exchange for the 356."

Whoa ! ! ! I'd be surprised if he went for THAT deal ? ! ? ! ? !

Love to hear if it works out for you.
howiesfamily
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can afford to get the VW's running. I can't afford to buy a 356. You never know what kind of deal you can get if you don't ask.
Thanatos
Samba Psychopomp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Saw a 914 on the street yesterday Reply with quote

I'm not a regular in the Porsche forum, but I thought I'd share this really nice 914 with you all. Smile

I was on a bike ride in Eugene, Oregon yesterday, and I had a digital camera with me in case I saw something interesting. I saw this nicely restored early-model Porsche 914 near the Ninkasi Brewery, across from where construction workers, Ninkasi employees and electricians were building a beer storage warehouse from a retail building that sat empty, vandalized, relieved of its wiring and plumbing, and boarded up for nearly 10 years.

When I was taking the pictures, the people on the Ninkasi construction site were probably thinking that this old coot in the Levi's jacket was going to try to steal the 914, or was perhaps going to try to make off with some beer. In other words, they didn't seem too happy about me snapping photos of the car.

Hope you all enjoy this...

OG
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw a 914 on the street yesterday Reply with quote

Old Grimey wrote:

Side profiles of 914's make me think:

Thanatos
Samba Psychopomp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw a 914 on the street yesterday Reply with quote

70 140 wrote:
Old Grimey wrote:

Side profiles of 914's make me think:

Hmm... love 914s, hate rust, and not sure if this is a model or a real 914. Not sure what to think or say here... Smile

OG
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this 911 recently, probably a mid-80s SC. Left my number on the front door of the house but no call back yet...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: