Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Baby Dells Jetting
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Tylka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Baby Dells Jetting Reply with quote

I have a stock internal 1600cc 1971 Beetle motor with the only non-stock items being an 009 dist. and header. I also just installed some Dellorto FRDs and was wondering what jetting I should go with? Right now the jetting is what the factory installed in the dells. I was reading an old article in Hot VWs where the same carbs were installed on a relativly stock motor and the main jets were swapped out for a set of 130s and the venturies were switched to 26s. Anybody running else running these carbs on a stock motor and if so what jets do you have? Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWDruid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you in Bolivia or Miami jetting subject to altitude.
70 Westy, 2027cc "dual DRLA 40 m140 i55 wjdoc a165 p33 v30 "w100 straight cut 040 polished heads 1.25 rockers 1.5 A1sidewinder supertrapp muffler trans 091 coil SUM-850500 CDI universal svda Pertronix
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
It's not the straight cut gears It's the T.A.R.D.I.S. engine.
wanted Chameleon Circuit
Michael Fischer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His ads say Sparta, Tenn.
Matthew Tylka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Baby Dells Reply with quote

Yes I live in TN. The car accelerates, but is not very quick to acccelerate like it should and it acts like it tops out quicker than it should. If you try to blip the throttle it bogs itself like it is sufficating itself. Any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWDruid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did they just started acting up?
sounds like some plugged jets.
this will help figure out what jets may be getting affected http://www.vw-resource.com/jets.html

you use a sync tool on them?
70 Westy, 2027cc "dual DRLA 40 m140 i55 wjdoc a165 p33 v30 "w100 straight cut 040 polished heads 1.25 rockers 1.5 A1sidewinder supertrapp muffler trans 091 coil SUM-850500 CDI universal svda Pertronix
wanted Chameleon Circuit
Matthew Tylka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: baby dells Reply with quote

Actually just installed the carbs and they have the factory jets in them. I have the carbs synced by using a sync tool and they have just been cleaned and kits were installed. They are popping through the carbs, which make me think they are running lean. Doesn't seem like there is any vac. leaks and it idles great, just doesn't want to accelerate that great. I thought about upping the main jet as it has a 128 in it now, but the next size larger that CB sells is a 150 I believe...sorta large?
VWDruid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to adjust for altitude I think you go up on the air.
with 40's and Pict 34 try loosen up the idle jet so it's berly on there.. dont know if it will work on FRD's

also make sure you dint tweak the float hook that had me scratching my head.

my pict bogged when I bunched the gas even after I went SVDA, I found a chunk of hose stuck in the fuel pump dint bog after that.

you fuel bump good? 3 1/2 psi IIRC
wanted Chameleon Circuit
gator797
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever figure out the problem im having the same issue
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: