Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any of you guys own a Turquoise Bug?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking on that. I know that over rides where something you could order for your car in Germany.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok euro's have different colored maker lights front amber & back amber & red. kph speedo's. No bracket for a L/plate under the light on the rear deck lid. L/plate bolt right to deck lid & the bolt hole are farther apart then on a U.S L/plate. And some did come with over ride bumpers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Beetlebaum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My absolute favorite VW color. Very Happy If/when I get an early model, it's becoming this color!
Beetle Bums VW Club Member
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a euro. Thank you.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandet wrote:
It's a euro. Thank you.

Just wondering about your M351 code. By any chance does your car still have the original transmission?
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its the stock one why?
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I has been suggested in another thread that cars delivered in conditions that would have salt on the roads had a black painted transmission. I was wondering since yours was delivered to a country with a lot of snow yours would be a good example to check (if it does truely have its original transmission not a rebuild)

So, can you check to see if your car has a black painted transmission?

Thanks
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I'll look at that it will be a day or two. I'm out of town.
RA 70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atye wrote:
Mine:

The REAL question is: Are these cars "Green" or "Blue"?
It drives me crazy when people talk about my "Blue" VW... It's obviously "Green", right? Has anyone else had this happen?

Well turquoise is a blue-green.... sooo and that picture looks more blue then green to me. Its a slight tinting or even lighting condition that will change the color to looking more green or more blue.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call my car what you will- but don't call it sea-foam- For I will slap you.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has the stock tranny & no paint on it. Then agin Iceland is kind of green and nice. So maybe thats why it isn't painted. But if a bug when to Greenland maybe it would have a painted tranny. That's where all the snow is. Go figure on the name's.
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my 63 Turk. Got hit by a young lady that turned into me. Bent the crap out of all the car. Took the deck lid to me clubs car show and had everyone sign it.

79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your car bandit.
Now when can I come over and buy your OG rear fenders? Of course, I'm both sympathetic and just pathetic here...

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
bandet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man all I have left of it is the roof, rear clip, and deck lid. Had a friend in Utah that is redoing a 61 Turk that got the parts.
TheType1Freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Any of you guys own a Turquoise Bug? Reply with quote

I also have a 1963 ragtop beetle that Im restoring. Im really thinking of painting it the L380 Turkis color. I have had a hard time finding much info on it. Reading this forum has helped. I am new to the site and started a forum asking questions about restoring a beetle this color. I think I maybe put it in a category that don't get a lot of attention.

So heres a link to that: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8188523&highlight=#8188523

And what I wrote in that post:
Hi, Im starting to restore a 63 Beetle. This is my first Volkswagen restoration and I am trying to restore it as authentic as I can. I have two big questions:

I want to paint it the original L380 Turquoise color. Would you guys recommend that I stick with Glasurit brand paint that Volkswagen used. Has anyone had experience with other brands of paint. I want it to be correct looking.

My other big question is about the ragtop vinyl. I would like to have it be turquoise to match the car like original. I have seen one in person that had the original top and it looked very nice. I contacted Wolfsburg West and they said that They could get two different shades of green or I would have to buy vinyl dye and dye it myself. Im wondering if anyone on here has a ragtop with the correct color vinyl top? Or where I could buy one? I see I can get the correct como green running board mats and turquoise fender welting from Wolfsburg West that I need to make it look authentic. So it seems weird that they wouldn't carry the correct ragtop vinyl for the same car.

My car wasn't a ragtop when I got it, but the top had been replaced before and they didn't do a very good job replacing it. I also had a 63 ragtop beetle that has no bottom left in it at all and the car was all beat up. So my dad and I cut and welded the ragtop roof onto it. It seemed like it was a meant to be type of thing.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I thought I might find some people with experience restoring a VW this color on here.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Any of you guys own a Turquoise Bug? Reply with quote

You just missed a NOS turkis sunroof cover the other day, sold same day it was posted. You have to be fast if you want rare stuff.

If you just want to match the color go to your auto paint supply house and have them match some SEM vinyl paint and color a new reproduction cover.

Unfortunately none of the new vinyl covers Ive seen are correct either as they have a large bead all around the perimeter where as originals did not
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Any of you guys own a Turquoise Bug? Reply with quote

Here's mine. Sunroof cover is original (and faded)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Any of you guys own a Turquoise Bug? Reply with quote

underneath a matte black paint job, I have a solid/straight '61 ragtop that is "turkis"

was going to sell it, but now I think I'm going to slowly sand off the black and keep it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: