Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

American Pickers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmx2c4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: 23 window Reply with quote

I just saw the repeat of the SC bus farm with the 58 23 window. Does anyone have screen shots or have the show recorded? When they swing the passenger door open its a bench seat, then the interior view shows a walk thru. Not to mention the big bumpers. Wondering if its just a franken-bus?

http://www.simple-transport.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyMan1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spy a Squareback in the commercial for the next show.

'71 Westy "Maggie" - M-Plate

Parts for sale!
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys got rid of the Sprinter van and got a new Ford and the annoying girl in the show promotes her small van. She is always using "Ford Connect" whenever possible in a sentence. I hate advertising more and more as I get older. Laughing

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bikesnbuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Roku instead of cable..They just put some seasons on Amazon..I TRIED to watch it,but it its JUST to damn painful...ESPECIALLY the dickering over a $5 difference....poor acting I guess... Laughing
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week Mikes brother finds a split in a barn, way up in a hay loft 30 feet off the ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it show the precise moment he first discovers this hidden gem, and the astonishing look on his face, all captured from the camera of a guy standing in the loft next to the car looking down on them?
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's the Zwitter that Mike owns in real life?
Maybe he tucked it away and just remembered where he put it.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
Will it show the precise moment he first discovers this hidden gem, and the astonishing look on his face, all captured from the camera of a guy standing in the loft next to the car looking down on them?

Absolutely, and right after the commercials you'll see it again with more detail.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how when they cut off locks and go in to sheds that haven't been touched in 20 years there isn't a single spider web in sight.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a camera guy standing inside.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny.. all of us picking on the pickers and pointing at every little entertaining flaw.... .. .. just goes to show...we are watching it . Laughing

Its entertaining... and educational.. not such a bad thing..
Better than a lot of shows on the tube..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Funny.. all of us picking on the pickers and pointing at every little entertaining flaw.... .. .. just goes to show...we are watching it . Laughing

Its entertaining... and educational.. not such a bad thing..
Better than a lot of shows on the tube..

Oh I love the show. I enjoy seeing and learning the history of all the stuff they find, even if it is staged.

The only real "reality" tv show is Cops.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

I quit watching it and all of the other "reality" TV shows 4 years ago when I cancelled cable.

I'd rather watch a program that tells you it's fake up front than watch a show that pretends to be real but is just as fake.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:

I'd rather watch a program that tells you it's fake up front than watch a show that pretends to be real but is just as fake.

If you think reality tv is real that's your fault, not theirs. Even the prank calls and whatnot on the radio are staged. They can't put you on the air without your permission. So all those stupid bits where they have some guys wife listening and then they tell him he won free flowers and he sends them to someone else and the wife flips out? All fake.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shit.

But like I said, I'd rather watch a program everybody knows is fake and makes no pretense otherwise than to watch so called "reality" TV where they try to tell you it's real but it's obviously not. See wrestling.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
But like I said, I'd rather watch a program everybody knows is fake and makes no pretense otherwise than to watch so called "reality" TV where they try to tell you it's real but it's obviously not. See wrestling.

Hold up, wrestling is fake?!?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrestling is REAL ..... wrassling, not so much Laughing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently watched the episode where they dig up the old Indian motorcycle in that lady's backyard. Fun to watch, but I tired quickly of the manufactured suspense.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
But like I said, I'd rather watch a program everybody knows is fake and makes no pretense otherwise than to watch so called "reality" TV where they try to tell you it's real but it's obviously not.

Some of these shows HAVE to be contrived and set up. For example, on Pickers or Pawn Stars everyone is notified, so the sellers on Pickers are always home, ready, not out back taking a grumpy.

On Pawn Stars, prospective sellers for TV have to fill out forms, then are assigned a special time. My sister lives in LV and had an appointment with Cory, and they taped it, but never made it to the actual show. And of course, on both shows the guys are not the walking encyclopedias they appear to be, there's always research up front.

On the positive note, I think Pawn Stars - Rick especially - can be a real good source to learn the skill of negotiating without pissing someone off. Like useful for negotiating when buying or selling an old VW.

5 years away we sold our 1994 Suburban with 220K, listed it on CraigsList for $1994, called it $1 per year. Guy came to see it, checked it out, pulled out some money and said he had $1800 cash for it, said that's all he had with him. I responded that if he went to an ATM and got an additional $100, that I would go inside and get the notarized title, and the sale was made. In a negotiation, both parties like to feel that they did OK, so insulting someone with a known real lowball offer just puts them off.

Anyway, Naked and Afraid - even though there is a crew there for emergencies - those folks are tough. Survival as "early man" is very tough, there are no orchards of fruit, fresh drinking water, etc., around every curve. Those people lose 20-35 pounds in those 21 days, and the bug bites are incredible. We wonder why more don't make some kind of footwear, that would really help getting around, getting food, etc.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Split window Beetle comes out of a barn loft tonight.
https://www.facebook.com/245730442126992/photos/pc...mp;theater
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Jump to:
Page 49 of 56

Jump to: