Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jung13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine on 14-Jan-2015 and still nothing. I'll receive it in September... maybe Laughing
1962kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: motor not registered Reply with quote

1962kafer wrote:
Hi,

does anyone has that :
"We were unable to verify if the engine is original, as the engine number for your vehicle was not registered"

Thanks for your help

Any answer ?

Thanks
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: motor not registered Reply with quote

1962kafer wrote:
1962kafer wrote:
Hi,

does anyone has that :
"We were unable to verify if the engine is original, as the engine number for your vehicle was not registered"

Thanks for your help

Any answer ?

Thanks

I do not have first hand experience to answer your question....but rumor has it that VW, will tell you if you have the original engine ONLY if you send the engine number AND it matches the records.

If the number you send does not match they will say that. How I understand it, basically they will not give out an engine number based on the VIN number.

Now, hopefully someone with good sense and knowledge on this subject will speak up and help you.
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: motor not registered Reply with quote

Sh*tBird wrote:
1962kafer wrote:
1962kafer wrote:
Hi,

does anyone has that :

Thanks for your help

Any answer ?

Thanks

I do not have first hand experience to answer your question....but rumor has it that VW, will tell you if you have the original engine ONLY if you send the engine number AND it matches the records.

If the number you send does not match they will say that. How I understand it, basically they will not give out an engine number based on the VIN chassis number.

Correct. Smile

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1962kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: motor not registered Reply with quote

Merlin wrote:
Sh*tBird wrote:
1962kafer wrote:
1962kafer wrote:
Hi,

does anyone has that :

Thanks for your help

Any answer ?

Thanks

If the number you send does not match they will say that. How I understand it, basically they will not give out an engine number based on the VIN chassis number.

Correct. Smile

I Asked VW, they told me that for my car the motor was not registered ... So they can't tell if it's the original one.
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entering here for posterity. I have a newly acquired 67 Doublecab. Well, it's titled as a 67, but the plate on the fresh air vent says it's a 66. There's no M-code plate and the frame stamp is rusted beyond recognition at this point.

Anyway, ordered my BC and corresponding data sheet today. I am hoping it's new enough that they'll have all the important stuff (options, colors, etc.) available for filling out the BC and DS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
missmybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

igtoth wrote:
FYI only:

Requested birth cert in October 14, never received it. After couple months I sent note asking them for it, Roswitha Hendel replied saying they need 8 months to process this request!!! 8 months!!?

I got the same response from Roswitha, "it takes 8 months"! I ordered mine 11/14 and still waiting Brick wall Brick wall
Very frustrating, especially after reading that other people received theirs in a matter of weeks!
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they come up with a solution to this problem, 8 months is just beyond unacceptable.
missmybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I hope they come up with a solution to this problem, 8 months is just beyond unacceptable.

I emailed Roswitha over the weekend and just got a response this morning. She said she will finish my certificate at the beginning of next week!! Fingers crossed Pray
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmybus wrote:
jays58s wrote:

I emailed Roswitha over the weekend and just got a response this morning. She said she will finish my certificate at the beginning of next week!! Fingers crossed Pray

I hope so too, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! They still need to come up with a way to get back to the 6 week time frame they had before,
jdgrandpa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: 1958 body and chassis vin ID chart Reply with quote

The 1958 Chassis numbers appear, to vary, Mine in this 58 sunroof are different from my "56" sunroof oval, and my friends 55, The pan on one with an early pan and one with a late,, (heater controls and brake cables, If there like Porsche, Looks like what they put on the car is the way it is !, Left over parts , or not correct emif I'm wrong Thanks all ! The 1958 chassis numbers would help me a great deal
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 body and chassis vin ID chart Reply with quote

jdgrandpa wrote:
The 1958 Chassis numbers appear, to vary, Mine in this 58 sunroof are different from my "56" sunroof oval, and my friends 55, The pan on one with an early pan and one with a late,, (heater controls and brake cables, If there like Porsche, Looks like what they put on the car is the way it is !, Left over parts , or not correct emif I'm wrong Thanks all ! The 1958 chassis numbers would help me a great deal

What's your vin and what are you confused about?
missmybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmybus wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Well, finally got the certificate yesterday!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Scamp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmybus wrote:

I got the same response from Roswitha, "it takes 8 months"! I ordered mine 11/14 and still waiting Brick wall Brick wall
Very frustrating, especially after reading that other people received theirs in a matter of weeks!

I ordered mine 11/9/2014, Roswitha said it will be done this week!

1961 Beetle

I don't believe that flawlessness equals beauty. Beauty is when we're able to see something as it really is. There are lots of quality cars that are really beautiful not in spite of, but because of the masks life has given them.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Roswitha Hendel on July 22nd. She replied about 3hrs later. She informed me that both my certificates were mailed out July 21st. Finally received them both today. So for those keeping track, ordered Oct 8th 2014. Received July 27th, 2015

I compared my BC dated from 1980 to the current version. All the info was the same EXCEPT the build date. My original BC dated build date on Dec 12, 1947. My current BC shows the build date as Dec 11, 1947 Rolling Eyes Oh well.
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Bc Reply with quote

Can a birth certificate be issued through a body number alone without the vin.
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: No. Reply with quote

I've read here on The Samba, in multiple places, that this can't be done.

You could contact this Roswitha Hendel person and ask to be sure. That is what I would do if I really needed to know and not go on the internet's advice alone.

One of the previous posters knows Roswitha Hendel's email address. Contact them and go for it.
Jung13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received mine today. Ordered in January, 14th

It's funny, shipped to Angola and in 1960 came to Portugal. My grandfather bought it in 1969.

And yes, the engine number matches the VIN number Wink
Dutchmen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

I have no idea what S722 is.
Does anyone have any clue?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I don't know either but shouldn't it say M722 not S722
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 38 of 61

Jump to: