Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutchmen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I think they mean S722, But I found out that s-codes 7.. are special models.
However I cannot find any further information about S722.
ratherb-buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I just ordered the birth certificate today for my beloved Safari Trail Buggy. Obviously there is VERY little left of the original car, but I would still like to know more about where the pan came from. I'll post a follow-up when I receive the certificate.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

So, I can't get a birth certificate for my 1964 bug Crying or Very sad Here's what they told me:

Dear....

Thank you for order a Birth-Certificate for your historical car.
Unfortunately, we are not able to research data of your Volkswagen because it was produced as C-K-D (completely-knocked down) vehicle in Belgium. We do not have any records of their production. So we would like to transfer your money back in the next time.

We ask for your understanding. Thank you.

Kind regards
Tina Berthold

Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen
Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg
Germany

Phone +49 (5361) 84 86 171
Telefax +49 (5361) 52 01 0

http://www.volkswagen-automuseum.de/en.html

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

This is a sad start of a day for me

Here's what Speed7 had to say about CKD VWs:

speed7 wrote:

Hi , I'm still working as an engineer in the VW factory in Brussels / Belgium where they used to assemble beetles.
These cars were build on a C.K.D. base , as noticed on the Birth Certif.
CKD as for Completely Knocked Down , stood for a production system that VW used for foreign assembly plants. The cars were sold as a "whole" and charged as such , allthough the parts came all seperate from the Wolfsburg plant.
THAT's the reason why the delivery says "Belgium".

The M-Code stands for "Mehrausstattung" and means extra equipment.
Everything more than standard had to be "ordered " by M-Code in the vehicle's ordering documents.
These codes were used till the GOLF 2 production in the 80ties.

Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: The Samba Reply with quote

It has been 8 months. Today I will start wearing a trial from the front door to the mailbox...

Sh*tBird wrote:
Volkswagen should give the records to The Samba. I bet EB could improve the turn around time on a certificate order - once the kinks were worked out.

Kickstart fund it - translation and digitizing .

I ordered one on April 7, 2015. I will post when I receive it. Paid by credit card.

From and including: Tuesday, April 7, 2015
To, but not including Monday, December 7, 2015

Result: 244 days

It is 244 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
Or 8 months excluding the end date
ratherb-buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Samba Reply with quote

Sh*tBird wrote:
It has been 8 months. Today I will start wearing a trial from the front door to the mailbox...

Have you emailed them? That's crazy long.
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Just found my birth certificate that I received in 1963 when I bought a very rusty convertible for $50.00. According to the certificate my convertible was delivered before it was produced Laughing
Guessing the dates are either reversed or the delivery date was July 8, 1963.
Hoping to drive it this Spring'16, the first drive in it since buying it 32 years ago. Shocked

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Samba Reply with quote

Update: Got it in the mail today (Dec. 18, 2015). I will post it up later. It has plenty of nice options. 10 October 1955 build date.

ratherb-buggin wrote:
Sh*tBird wrote:

Have you emailed them? That's crazy long.

No, I haven't emailed them. I heard that it takes 8 months. So, I was going to wait 9 months then email.

I am going to check my credit card and ensure the payment went through and then think some more about emailing them....

Hmmm...

Last edited by Ran When Parked on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Here it is:

One day I plan to make a thread for it in the split bus section. There will not be much going on in it other than pressure washing and general B.S. ing.

So the wait was eight months as previously stated by others.
Bama Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Mine took 13 months from order to receiving it.

1970 Beetle
1971 Super
1972 Baja

hellthorne wrote:
First off, I know i made stupid decisions that led to my predicament, so while you are welcome to tell me that I am an idiot for doing the things I did, please know that I am already aware of this.
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Received my BC today! No huge surprises, although I am surprised that the port of destination was San Francisco. I would have imagined Seattle or even Portland. I bought the car in SE Washington, and I got the impression the car had spent its life there (had an Ebespaher heater in it, too).

Also interesting to see VW threw this car onto the boat the next day!

I haven't dug yet, but does anyone know what M 358 and M 135 are?

Also, the asterisk denoted that the upholstery might have also been leatherette light green. I still have the original seating material and it had light green sides, and the seat and back where the woven-looking upholstery. The back seat had light green sides and almost white seat and back.

FYI, my wife (gotta love her) ordered this for me in May 2015. So it has been a good 9-10 month wait.
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
Entering here for posterity. I have a newly acquired 67 Doublecab. Well, it's titled as a 67, but the plate on the fresh air vent says it's a 66. There's no M-code plate and the frame stamp is rusted beyond recognition at this point.

Anyway, ordered my BC and corresponding data sheet today. I am hoping it's new enough that they'll have all the important stuff (options, colors, etc.) available for filling out the BC and DS.

I posted the above on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:08 pm. Today, Sat Jan 30, 2016, I received the birth certificate for my 1966 (not a 67 as stated on the title) DC. 7 months - so I guess their processes are improving. lol

It lists the destination as Washington / USA. Is that Washington, DC? I would guess that's where it went, but I had never seen a certificate that showed DC - usually Baltimore or Philadelphia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Damn. I found it hard to believe it would really take 8 months, despite what it said on the website. I figured it had to come sooner. Eight months? Seriously? But from what I see here it looks like I still have a long wait -- I'm 'only' at 4 and a half months now.

Years ago it only took a couple of weeks. Confused
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Seriously 9-10 months.
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Patience everyone, I received mine last week, 1 week shy of 8months

I emailed Roswitha at 6months time, and received this status update.

"Dear Mr. ****,

Sorry for long time to wait.
But as you had seen on your order it takes more than 8 month at the moment for this service.
Please be so kind and wait a little bit longer than normally."

With best regards

Roswitha Hendel

Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen
Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tiki Travelers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

The clock starts today. at 13:50 AZ time. only 7 months and 29 days to go woo-hoo! Popcorn
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered BCs and data sheets for both of my Bugs last night. Now I just need to forget about it and be surprised around Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Did anyone else have trouble filling out the iPayment form that was in German? I had to look up a lot of words to figure out what I was supposed to put in which box.
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Quote:
Did anyone else have trouble filling out the iPayment form that was in German?

I had to turn to Google Translate to clarify the various options. It was only a minor hassle and didn't take more than a minute.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

René R. wrote:
Quote:
Did anyone else have trouble filling out the iPayment form that was in German?

I had to turn to Google Translate to clarify the various options. It was only a minor hassle and didn't take more than a minute.

Hell, I struggle enough with English thanks to my Appalachian Mountain upbringing...throw some German in the mix and I'm toast. By the time I had it figured out my session had timed out.
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

The museum must be catching up. I ordered mine on 8/28/15 and it arrived in the mail today.

I was disappointed the certificate says not readable for the color and the options. My double cab had the bulkhead cut out and the m code plate is long gone so I was hoping it would tell me the options. I do know the color as it is still wearing the original sealing wax red paint from the factory.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 39 of 61

Jump to: