Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noexit wrote:
I just tried to email them at [email protected] about a certificate I ordered on Feb 6th, but I got a bounce message.

Lol, I got the same thing. They sure are out of the office a lot.
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="noexit"]I just tried to email them at [email protected] about a certificate I ordered on Feb 6th, but I got a bounce

Try using this email .she responded to my emails [email protected]
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Certificate is on the way to you.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Roswitha Hendel

Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen
Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg

Tel.: +49 (0) 5361-848 6171
Fax: +49 (0) 5361-52010

I just got this email from them on Tuesday .i applied for the certificate on January 26
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18+ weeks and nothing. Emailed them on Monday and still haven't heard back. I just sent another email asking for a refund. I don't think there are that many requests for BCs to justify having to wait so long.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathguten wrote:
18+ weeks and nothing. Emailed them on Monday and still haven't heard back. I just sent another email asking for a refund. I don't think there are that many requests for BCs to justify having to wait so long.

I cancelled mine as well, not worth the wait time.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Rathguten wrote:

I cancelled mine as well, not worth the wait time.

Hmmm...you can get on with other things while you're waiting you know. Wink

It depends how long you're going to keep your car...I've had my Ghia for 7 years now and my certificate took a couple of months to arrive...doesn't seem so long when you look at it that way.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: birth certificate delay Reply with quote

I have been waiting for a few months for my certificate. I did get a reply back from "Hendel" that "it will be longer". Laughing I guess that is a true statement.

Looking forward to receiving it as I have stopped restoration of my 55 3 fold to confirm a few things.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: birth certificate Reply with quote

I received confirmation Feb 25th. I emailed her last week and she replied:

"No sorry, at the moment I work with the middle up to the end of January

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Roswitha Hendel

Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an answer to my second email....

Quote:
the situation in not better so you have to wait longer.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Roswitha Hendel

Dieselstraße 35

38446 Wolfsburg

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathguten wrote:
Just got an answer to my second email....

Quote:
the situation in not better so you have to wait longer.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Roswitha Hendel

Dieselstraße 35

38446 Wolfsburg

Chill out...she's working on it...what's the hurry. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took her a week and a half to answer my email with just one sentence, if it can even be called that. When I paid for the BC they clearly stated it would take 8-12 weeks. I suppose that after four months of waiting I'm just not "chill" enough.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathguten wrote:
It took her a week and a half to answer my email with just one sentence, if it can even be called that. When I paid for the BC they clearly stated it would take 8-12 weeks. I suppose that after four months of waiting I'm just not "chill" enough.

Well as it's been stated the department has been cut to the bone and she's working on her own. Now that she has replied you know you're still on her radar and she'll eventually get there. When you realise she's probably got a long list of unanswered emails from people asking where their BC is, be pleased you got an answer.

Not worth worrying about.
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a summary of my birth certificate ordering experience:

I informed my bank to expect a charge from the museum and the cost (50 Euros).

I placed my order via the Stiftung Auto Museum website on February 25.

I received an immediate response indicating that my order and payment was received.

Concerned that there was a problem, I wrote the museum on June 8 to request an update on my certificate, since the longest I have ever waited for one was about a month and a half. My certificate arrived on June 9 and was dated May 28.

The certificate's information for my 1986 Westfalia GL was as I expected it to be, except that for my Savannah Beige camper, they listed the interior as "Grey / Red," which I know to be incorrect. If not for the fact that Savannah Beige and grey/red would be an odious union, I have a 1986 dealer's upholstery/paint book for the full Volkswagen line and no version of the Vanagon had grey/red upholstery.

This obvious oversight makes me question the accuracy of their claim that my engine number does not match their records as the original engine. I have only owned my camper for 10 of its 28 years, but I know the previous owner fairly well, who knows nothing of the engine being swapped over the years. It has 159,826 miles on it today and the Carfax report also does not indicate that the engine had been exchanged. My reasoning being that my camper came from San Diego (I believe CA has endorsed reporting much longer than NC) and Carfax lists many events, from every inspection to a routine service, so I believe that something as major as an engine swap would have been reported.

I am grateful for the service that the Stiftung Auto Museum provides, but I am disappointed that I received at least one error on my certificate that cost $69, which I had to wait over three months for (I suppose I feel lucky now, considering the wait times I have read on this thread).

My certificate did not list an M code for the Behr in-dash air conditioning. I have heard that these units were installed at the dealerships, so there would be no M code, correct?
55VOLKY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that with millions of VW's built and only one person working on those certificates, it could take a very long time to get one. Sad
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creative native wrote:
Here is a summary of my birth certificate ordering experience:

I informed my bank to expect a charge from the museum and the cost (50 Euros).

I placed my order via the Stiftung Auto Museum website on February 25.

I received an immediate response indicating that my order and payment was received.

Concerned that there was a problem, I wrote the museum on June 8 to request an update on my certificate, since the longest I have ever waited for one was about a month and a half. My certificate arrived on June 9 and was dated May 28.

The certificate's information for my 1986 Westfalia GL was as I expected it to be, except that for my Savannah Beige camper, they listed the interior as "Grey / Red," which I know to be incorrect. If not for the fact that Savannah Beige and grey/red would be an odious union, I have a 1986 dealer's upholstery/paint book for the full Volkswagen line and no version of the Vanagon had grey/red upholstery.

This obvious oversight makes me question the accuracy of their claim that my engine number does not match their records as the original engine. I have only owned my camper for 10 of its 28 years, but I know the previous owner fairly well, who knows nothing of the engine being swapped over the years. It has 159,826 miles on it today and the Carfax report also does not indicate that the engine had been exchanged. My reasoning being that my camper came from San Diego (I believe CA has endorsed reporting much longer than NC) and Carfax lists many events, from every inspection to a routine service, so I believe that something as major as an engine swap would have been reported.

I am grateful for the service that the Stiftung Auto Museum provides, but I am disappointed that I received at least one error on my certificate that cost $69, which I had to wait over three months for (I suppose I feel lucky now, considering the wait times I have read on this thread).

My certificate did not list an M code for the Behr in-dash air conditioning. I have heard that these units were installed at the dealerships, so there would be no M code, correct?

creative,

I wouldn't stress about the alleged engine change in your bus. My certificate also stated that the engine number supplied was incorrect, but I have a known history all the way back to new and have no doubts that mine is original to my bus.

Most of the info' on my certificate was wrong and I too feel quite disappointed at having dished up a fair amount of money for what is essentially a useless piece of glossy paper.

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noexit wrote:
I just tried to email them at [email protected] about a certificate I ordered on Feb 6th, but I got a bounce message.

Not sure if that is a good email anymore. The one I used is:

[email protected]

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
DaVonZip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta want ask Everett why we are still promoting this service.. Shocked

I mean, if all this negative information and feedback was in regards to a seller on the samba, he might of been banned by now. There are some serious accusations going on: people knowing their engines are original to their car/bus and yet document says 'no'. Different color interiors that never went with the vehicle. Months and months of waiting. Im just saying...

-For once in my life, i'd like to get up in the morning and be as happy as my pennis is... (samba member)
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't do it if you don't want to. It's optional.
I know A LOT of people think the price is too high and have not done it for that reason, myself included.

Personally I think it's insane that VW didn't digitize it at least 10 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered mine for my 55' Euro Vert after owning for 8 years lol.
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else had any problem getting your Certificate from the VW Automuseum in Germany?
We have ordered one on our 56 Oval on Feb 25, 2014. At first they said there was personal problem, and would be 12 weeks. Then at 12 weeks, said would be 16 weeks. Today I emailed the contact person and the email bounced. It's been almost 21 weeks. The website says 3 months.
Anybody know what is going on?
Thanks
It's 50 Euros now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 33 of 61

Jump to: