Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blauchen L331
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what needs to be done here is a Internet petition, with people who haven't received their BC's yet and others who would add their names to it to ask for better service, the office that puts together the BC's has used LAME excuses about the time expected to finish their paperwork, also changed the BC's now that you must ask extra for a Motor number as well and they most of the time DO NOT give you the correct original color of your car and also don't include the original Dealer destination (Original Dealer Name) as they did before back in the 1980's.

VW has enough $$$$/Euros whatever to hire competent, responsible people (more then 2 or 3) to do this job alone, as I've said before, they are mostly just LAZY when it comes to looking up the original shipping dockets.

I think if a few hundred people all at once send in a petition about the poor service and issues with the BC's maybe they will stand up and look at the situation and become more efficient and honorable with their service again.

Like I said, back in the 1980's the BC's went smooth and they didn't cost what 50 Euros ($75) whatever they are now.

I'm glad that I already KNOW where my car came from, I don't have the exact build date, but all the numbers matching are 5/57, that's good enough for me, but really feel for the people who have been waiting so long and also the paperwork with the mistakes that might never be corrected by the factory.

They didn't have these problems back in Heinrich Nordhoff's days, he would have nipped this in the bud after a week or so.....

Tom
USA RAM Protection/Export Overrider Bumpers - MPH Speedometer -
Sealed Beam Headlights and Bullet Front Turn Signals!
99.9% ORIGINAL PARTS WITH ONLY 36,500 ORIGINAL MILES/ GARAGE FIND/ UNRESTORED CAR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Porsche guys have as much problem getting their BC's, as the Vw guys do? Confused

Last edited by stale air on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blauchen L331 wrote:

I think if a few hundred people all at once send in a petition about the poor service and issues with the BC's maybe they will stand up and look at the situation and become more efficient and honorable with their service again.

Either that, or they will scrap the whole idea.
Blauchen L331
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
I wonder if the Porsche guys have as much problem getting their BC's, as the Vw guys do? Confused

Hey There Stale!

How's that amazing sunroof car doing?

I really can't say how well the Porsche Cardex system works, but I know that when I lived in Stuttgart the men and women who worked at the Archive in Werks 1 were gracious and very helpful people.

Herr Parr (god rest him R.I.P.) was a great man, who kindly supplied me with a research package full of ORIGINAL WW2 Porsche archive photos, (which were doubles from original negatives of the 1941/2 Afghanistan Military Beetles) there still somewhere in a box in storage in Germany.....?

Tom
99.9% ORIGINAL PARTS WITH ONLY 36,500 ORIGINAL MILES/ GARAGE FIND/ UNRESTORED CAR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blauchen L331
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Blauchen L331 wrote:

Either that, or they will scrap the whole idea.

No, I think if we could do it in civilly, respectful but forceful (determined) to get a positive reaction, then they would react to it.

Sucks, I would like to call them and talk to see really what's going on, (but I'd have a phone bill from hell) I think an American speaking their language would also get some respect and let them see that the problem is serious and customers aren't satisfied with the latest work schedule.

I know the job MUST be tedious and nerve wrecking sometimes, but despite that's a job I wish I could get over there, I think if there were a international influence in the archive, not really meaning me, but an American or an Englishman adding with the stampede of letters, it might run the system a little better.

I know back in the 1980's they did specially TYPE out BC's in English language, so that was to many extremely helpful.

I don't know, I'd love to have the Original BC for my car, just to get the dates straight, but I'm very put off by all that's going on there now, many a letter to them might get me an answer?

I'm going to write them next week.......I'll keep people informed on what if anything comes back?

Gute Fahrt! (Happy Driving)

Tom
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Tom. I ordered mine the first week of February and just keep getting the run-around. I'm really not in any hurry, but to me it's just a matter of principle and proper work ethic. I requested a refund, but haven't heard back nor gotten my money back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ackackadak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine in Feb as well. All my emails bounce. It is what it is...
This is Germany's revenge for NSA wiretaps for sure. Very Happy
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my February 6th and just received it Monday July 14.

The email address of the person I was in contact with is [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got a response to my request for a refund last week and was told the BC would be ready in a couple of days. Sure enough I got it in the mail today. So it looks like the actual turn time may be roughly six months.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments from another thread that may be of interest to people here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7296912#7296912
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wagen Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update- Purchase Feb 17 2014, I'M at 6 months today and no BC. I e-Mailed VW about a month ago and got the generic email back 2 weeks later. I'll check back in 3 months, But if I receive it I will post. I'M happy it could be any day now! - Larry

Contact Us -

Email - [email protected]
Phone - 1(760)949-2494
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ED LEGENDA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all have the same problem.
I ordered on 3 of April, 2014 and don't have yet.
I got replay to email:
Dear Sir,

I'm very sorry but the reason is the shortage of personnel and restructuring since January 2014.
I do the best I can but you have to wait longer than regular.

I hope for your understanding.

With best regards

Roswitha Hendel

Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen
Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg

Tel.: +49 (0) 5361-848 6171
Fax: +49 (0) 5361-52010
lynn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just ordered mine today for Herbie. Let's see how long it takes! And just an FYI (since my husband and I work for VWGoA) - the email addresses provided for Roswitha Hendel and Susanne Wiersch (the name given on my confirmation just now) both start with extern - which means they are NOT Corporate employees, they are external contractors (usually working in-house but sometimes not). Could explain a lot!
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... 35 pages is a lot. What's the quick difference between the birth certificate and the data sheet? Would it be possible to add this info to the first post also?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Sorry... 35 pages is a lot. What's the quick difference between the birth certificate and the data sheet? Would it be possible to add this info to the first post also?

As far as I know there are only 2 things you can get - a Birth Certificate and a separate letter saying your engine is original since they no longer give that out automatically.

To anyone:
If there is something I am missing or if anything in the 1st post needs to be updated, please contact me directly with corrections.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://automuseum.volkswagen.de/en/certificates-and-data-sheets.html

On the webpage there's two options and a third "combined" option. I'm not getting the difference between the two. Did anyone order one recently and know the difference?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it - I was not aware of the data sheet option.

I wonder if that is just some minimal data to "prove" the year of a vehicle for registration purposes.
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Rather new to volkswagen but I know that for my Camaro the data sheet would be more the options that were selected on the car rather than the dates of the builds. upon looking at what they say about the data sheet it seems to me more that the data sheet is going to state the options selected for your model. Or for a model you provide the VIN # to them on. more of an "ok this is what it should have" versus a documented build sheet about your car. I hope this makes sense if not I may be able to clarify some more.
Wagen Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it today, Feb 17 to Aug 23. I'M happy! The Certificate came with 3 paper and a folder, The first one is the B/C, The second shows the M350 US-equipment options and the third is stated the engine is original to the car. Now to do the Bus! - Larry

Contact Us -

Email - [email protected]
Phone - 1(760)949-2494
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received mine yesterday - confirmation Feb 25th - rec'd August 26th.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 61

Jump to: