Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1958 Goliath Express 1100
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black1300 wrote:
Very cool bus! Wink

I don't know if this link was posted yet...

http://www.oldievan.de/html/goliath_luxusbus.html

Greets
Tim
Thanks for posting that great link. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culito wrote:
Ragtop wrote:
Thanks for the comments.
The neighbors if they had their way I think would run me out of town. Laughing The bus is a hoot to drive and its fun hearing people referring to it as a VW.

. Also look forward to the Goliath single cab we pick up in Cali Very Happy I'll post pictures as soon as I get the paper work sorted out

Sweet!!!

x2 - can't wait to see that one! Nice job on the Goliath...I love these things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they made a single cab version too.

http://jalopnik.com/5855894/for-9900-what-the-truck

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragtop wrote:
Thanks for the comments.
The neighbors if they had their way I think would run me out of town. Laughing The bus is a hoot to drive and its fun hearing people referring to it as a VW.

. Also look forward to the Goliath single cab we pick up in Cali Very Happy I'll post pictures as soon as I get the paper work sorted out
Wink
Andy P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragtop wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

Have you informed your neighbours that you're adding class to a normally sedentary locale. Wink

Ragtop wrote:
Also look forward to the Goliath single cab we pick up in Cali Very Happy I'll post pictures as soon as I get the paper work sorted out

My breath is baited.....!!! Shocked
You're becoming Goliath Motors, Ragtop.
I think there's a t-shirt design in that one. Smile

'62 Beetle

Jägdwagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big bus mike wrote:
Looks like they made a single cab version too.

http://jalopnik.com/5855894/for-9900-what-the-truck

Hi Mike

Thanks for posting the link. Now I have some reference pictures on how to built the bed for the single cab,all I got was all the metal hardware for the bed.
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
black1300 wrote:
Very cool bus! Wink

I don't know if this link was posted yet...

http://www.oldievan.de/html/goliath_luxusbus.html

Greets
Tim
Thanks for posting that great link. Cool

X2 Nice material if I could only read German Embarassed .
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy P wrote:
Ragtop wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

Have you informed your neighbours that you're adding class to a normally sedentary locale. Wink

Ragtop wrote:
Also look forward to the Goliath single cab we pick up in Cali Very Happy I'll post pictures as soon as I get the paper work sorted out

My breath is baited.....!!! Shocked
You're becoming Goliath Motors, Ragtop.
I think there's a t-shirt design in that one. Smile

Thanks and I do think we need the T-shirt as we also picked up a 1958 Goliath 1100 that has a lot of similarities with the Notch Back. My daughter will be cruising it pretty soon.
Andy P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragtop wrote:
Thanks and I do think we need the T-shirt as we also picked up a 1958 Goliath 1100 that has a lot of similarities with the Notch Back. My daughter will be cruising it pretty soon.

Like a Notch Back, eh?
Pics, please!! Very Happy

'62 Beetle

Jägdwagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back looks like a notch the front is a little longer. And the steering wheel is awesome Very Happy I have it running with the brakes and electrical worked out,next is a cheap paint job and interior and my 15 year old should have a blast in it.

Andy P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about Anchor Waxing that surface rust or popping a quick coat of clear lacquer on it instead of painting it?
That way a tidied interior and some freshly painted rims will make it nice but still relic'd.
BTW, love the 7 little knobs below the speaker grill in the centre of the dash.
What do they all do?

'62 Beetle

Jägdwagen
black1300
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
X2 Nice material if I could only read German Embarassed .

Here you go... Wink

Also for the economic transport of persons, there is a proven "EXPRESS 1100" car, the luxury bus. An elegant, perfectly shaped car for seven, eight or ten people, which can be parked in any normal car garage. Anyone who sees him for the first time in his comfortable cushions and a ride experience that finds surprising. The "Express 1100" luxury bus-stands his big brother, the modern coach, in every way. On the contrary, a journey of eight or ten persons is a cozy affair. The human contact is made it is faster to themselves. No wonder that This luxury bus more and more friends there, the comfortable interior exudes home comforts soft padded seats, a tastefully patterned wall coverings and rubber mats bear on the floor helps too small from the passenger estimated utensils not miss... ashtrays, assist straps, interior lighting, coat hooks and luggage nets . Eleven of the front seats and large windows, the vaulted roof edge glazing let in an abundance of natural light and allow all passengers to enjoy the beauties of nature even in bad weather journeys in the "Express 1100" is -. Luxusbus a pleasure. The request additional built-in high power heater with defroster makes for a chubby heating the passenger compartment. As with the combination of the wide double car door on the right side facilitates boarding and through the rear door to reach the large sized trunk. All previously described benefits have a significant share of the much-vaunted efficiency and high utility value of the "Express 1100". But energy and power, he owes the robust engine. In its 4-cylinder puts the power that impressed the Goliath friend Sun Wherever we talk about economical and powerful engines, smooth-running four-cylinder four-stroke boxer engine of the "Express 1100" has long been a household name.

He is ahead in the car with the allegedly lured fully synchronized four-speed gearbox, which can be switched spielendleicht. The expert admired the arrangement of all the units. It's like everything Skilful clear and uncomplicated.
With 1100 cc water-cooled engine delivers this unusual elastic Kurzhubmotor 40 hp. For minimum wear and long life guarantees its deliberately kept low piston speed. How cost of the engine, road shows consumption of just 8.7 liters, gemessenbei fully loaded vehicle. Predict almost superfluous, guarantees that an engine of this format in conjunction with the coveted front-wheel drive excellent driving characteristics. Let's talk in practice! Check the "Express 1100" in all situations. As soon as you start, especially when accelerating, you feel his enthusiasm. In treacherous curves and on wet, third-class roads, you will be impressed by its exemplary road holding. The coordinated maintenance-free soft springs simply deny the existence of cross gutters and potholes. Even mountains are for the "Express 1100" no. Problem. Gradients up to 25.5% at full load can be overcome easily.
Reliability and security are part of the character of this picture perfect fast - van. A brake test confirms this, if you take advantage of the enormous reserves of power from the motor once full, you always have the certainty of your car at critical moments throughout to have in hand. But his first-class brakes are only a safety factor. The second is: front-wheel drive. He "pulls" the "EXPRESS., 1100" spur safely through dangerous curves and mean even with ice and rain-soaked streets of driving without a risk.

If you take a look at the spacious cabin, you have once more the impression of seeing a passenger car in front of him. Immediately you notice the forrnschöne dashboard, a model of clarity. Instruments and control knobs are in a meaningful arrangement griffnah in the field of vision. From here, the Goliath-fresh-air heater is activated, which, in conjunction with the vent windows at the same time an arbitrarily adjustable fresh air circulation. If we start driving and you see about further, we discover quickly all that distinguishes this modern cab. Column shift, far-reaching wipers, floor mats, rubber, comfortable seats and hinged wings in the side windows. Impeccable visibility improve road safety is an even better view of freedom in all unthinkable.
Incidentally, the doors are set automatically when opened, a convenience that welcomes each rider.

Goods sensitive to external influences such as Food is transported in a closed car like. Here the "EXPRESS 1100"-van is the right one. Its modern shaped, very solid all-steel construction protects your cargo from wind and weather and bring it to their destination in perfect condition. And what the designers GOLIATH most at heart, because it is the most important: the usable space with a completely flat load floor. The happy solution to accommodate the spare tire out, and the convenient location of the engine space have created a fully usable cargo space of nearly 6 cubic meters. That's a lot more than we can ask of a van in this class. Fast loading means cheaper transport. Therefore, the "EXPRESS 1100" is delivered additional car kit as standard to the large rear door window with a decidedly wide double door on the right side of the car. every corner of the cargo area is easily accessible. Even bulky goods and bulky piece of luggage can be stowed easily. And when the smooth, large-scale outdoor sites effectively label each way of your "Express 1100" is a promotional tour for your business.
A multi-purpose vehicle, which you can use at will as a van with all the advantages of the van or to carry passengers, the "Express 1100" combo. It is ideal for holiday trips and outings for "overland tours" and business trips with loads and loads . The key is the combination of the ease with which you "convert" him. There are only solved a few wing nuts, and even the elegant cars rolled out as an efficient transporter for use. Not one tool you need for it. That can her latest pen. Eight passengers including the driver offer the pleasant soft padded leatherette seat ample room. On each side of the car provided by four partly hinged window for light, air and views. All passengers will find the comfort that you desire for a longer ride. When you get shows like practical and comfortable, the double side door. is not it a luggage problem. The width of the rear door easily accessible luggage compartment behind the last row of seats swallows everything that carry eight people on a journey.

The impressive exterior of the "Express 1100" makes its owner joy. In all practicality, the modern design of the stable body a note that you would expect only from passenger cars. The sweeping line of well-structured cooler is set by the generously curved windshield in place and continued on all sides rounded cab roof its harmonious conclusion. The fresh colors of durable high-gloss coating that delight the eye.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragtop wrote:
The back looks like a notch the front is a little longer. And the steering wheel is awesome Very Happy I have it running with the brakes and electrical worked out,next is a cheap paint job and interior and my 15 year old should have a blast in it.

Looks like a cross between a notch and a Volvo 122
twistedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont paint it unless your 15 year old is your daughter and then maybe not, that patina is sic Cool
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black1300 Thank you for the translation Very Happy

As far as the Goliath I've tried talking my daughter into rolling it with the patina but the wife and her on in cahoots about painting it Embarassed
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy P wrote:
Have you thought about Anchor Waxing that surface rust or popping a quick coat of clear lacquer on it instead of painting it?
That way a tidied interior and some freshly painted rims will make it nice but still relic'd.
What do they all do?

Lets see if i remember from left to right

Manual choke,headlight switch,wipers,dash lights,heater blower,interior light and rear interior light Very Happy
twistedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Goliath I've tried talking my daughter into rolling it with the patina but the wife and her on in cahoots about painting it Embarassed[/quote]

girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragtop wrote:
Andy P wrote:
What do they all do?

Lets see if i remember from left to right

Manual choke,headlight switch,wipers,dash lights,heater blower,interior light and rear interior light Very Happy

So Goliath expected the driver to remember all that? Must have been fun watching a Goliath driver at night as the headlights, wipers, and interior lights turned on and off while he groped around for the heater knob. Very Happy

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
quartermilecamel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sweet unique car. Im sure it will be a great tool for your daughter to use in her career as a 007 agent. By the way, which knob is the ejection seat, oil slick, smoke screen?
dfusion001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW just a very beautiful unique automobile! Please forgive me for what Im bout to say but, I think that re-spraying this car is a huge mistake! Not only is the patina PERFECT, but to throw on a cheap spray would just kill this beauty!
The character it has is unbelievable that only years on top of years can orchestrate and some cars even after so many years, dont obtain what this car has!
I hope your daughter enjoys your car, but a little knowledge goes a loooooong way, and perhaps years down the road, she too will realize that re-spraying that car ( in a cheap manner even more so ) was a mistake. Specially since finding another like it will be ultra rare.

But its your car, again enjoy it, I hope she does as well and best of luck always...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: