Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Do you guys search the Samba parts?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Do you guys search the Samba parts? Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals.

Thanks for all the support. So exciting news, The CNC plasma cutter showed up yesterday. I will post some pictures when it is up and running. It is going to stir up some amazing products.

So I don't really buy that many parts for obvious reasons and 10 parts vans currently going. Do you guys that are buying parts look in the Samba parts classifieds? I respect the fact that these forums aren't designed for us vendors to flood with products. I guess I could test the waters myself but I thought a little community feedback would be helpful. We are going to start supporting the Samba with banner ads in the weeks to come.

Thanks again for your input and feedback

Mike
[email protected]

The Splitzgauer build (when I have time to work on it and update the thread)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497133
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post all you want, when ya got it, and whenever ya want to. Thats what the section is for. I check it out on a daily basis for hard to find parts and for good prices on hard to find used or NOS parts.

Im up for air-cooled Westy parts...1982 in particular.
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No promises but I think I might have a CA aircooled exhaust somewhere.
[email protected]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce Wayne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted many parts in the classifieds,sold very few. guess I don't have anything anyone wants.
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Wayne wrote:
posted many parts in the classifieds,sold very few. guess I don't have anything anyone wants.

I guess you sold them all. I see no ads of yours currently......

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
iceracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike: I buy used non rusted parts off Samba ALLLLLLLLL the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the time, buy and sell

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Dear Mike,

I do search the ads if I need a part that I can't get new or locally. I also search E-Bay and google on general principles, and I have a long, full list of Vanagon aftermarket suppliers. I'm very glad you're all getting so active on the Samba, I think a lot of us had no idea of the extent of RMW's facilities and abilities--or OEVEEDUB's, for another.

I've had pretty good luck finding parts, I also try to repair what I already have in creative, effective ways. These vans lend themselves to the creative and the penurious.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
koolmoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only on the occasion as a new part need comes up. I love the bus but am not yet 'obsessive' about it. I replace as need requires and time\money allows.
My front heater blower is seized. I'll replace it...eventually. Getting into the dash is daunting and it's winter and no garage...
And I'd buy that new or refub'd.

Need a new rear bumper! But fancy steel ones are too much $$ + shipping. The standard fiberglass rear bumpers are so hard to find (plenty of front bumpers) I'd think someone who could mold and fabricate these would have a decent market.

I think I need a new water pump but, again, til I can get under and examine, I dunno. I'd consider a refurb'd one.

My throttle positioning switch is on its last legs but think I've a line on that...once it gets warm and I can dig in to swap it out.

Otherwise, the bus is more function over form and I don't have the cash to 'trick it out'. But ANY supplier of whatever parts is sure appreciated, I'm sure!
KM
from '91-'95: 1982 Westy Diesel (Smokey. Traded in for far too little!)
from '87-'91: 1980 VW Rabbit (my econoPorsche - passed on)
justcairns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check classifieds all the time. Have bought several items off this site and have been satisfied.
Captain Pike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need 1.9 stuff? You know what to do.
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always scanning the classifieds for vanagons or parts. Post up what you have. And if its syncro specific you can just pm me directly. You know.....to cut out the middle man.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at the clsaaifieds as much as I read the threads, I'm always looking for new stuff for the van.

These van aren't that plentiful here in the NE so you won't find many if any at junk yards. There was only one that I knew of and I was a week late getting to it before they sent it off to get crushed.

So, if you gat some stuff to sell post it and we'll take a look.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely check the classifieds. It's usually second in my order behind Craigslist and before Ebay. Sometimes I'm looking for something specific; other times I find things I didn't previously know I needed. It's part of my daily ritual when I get to work in the morning. Keeps me regular Very Happy

I do think that there's a lot of really overpriced stuff on Samba, but caveat emptor. Although I kinda feel for anybody who'd pay $75 for a non-power mirror, for example.

All in all, I've had good experiences both buying and selling parts on The Samba. I also like the search functions; it's easy to distill things down to parts/vehicles here in Colorado and the surrounding states.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pascal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Do you guys search the Samba parts? Reply with quote

Rocky Mountain Westy wrote:
Do you guys that are buying parts look in the Samba parts classifieds?

I wish I could stop myself from looking in the classifieds... Smile
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought an item or two off E-Bay but it seems as if the site has been taken over by large corporations selling crap-junk-and shit made in China.

A few of the regulars who post at E-Bay also post here on The Samba and I frequent this site more than I do E-Bay.Dont care too much about E-Bays politics but thats another story Twisted Evil
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy and sell parts and complete vans often here.
I use the eBay classifieds section often as well.
Cross-promoting here, Facebook and all the Vanagon lists has helped me move most of all the items for sale in a timely fashion.

dylan
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the Feedback guys. It seems like it is worth while to advertise here. I build and manufacture a lot of new parts. The rules kind of say you shouldn't put new parts in the Vanagon parts section. The playground bulley does it and I may put some new stuff there, I won't abuse it. But here is another question. Do you look at the Vendors new parts section? I could probably get creative and get good traffic from the used parts section. Mostly just curiousity. I also want to give you Samba Junkies something to read Very Happy .

Thanks again, Mike
[email protected]

j_dirge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more likely to take a flier and buy here on Samba rather than buy from ebay auctions.. But I have used both.

As far as RMW is concerned.. RubberTramp's thread has me looking at some of the minor bits for SVX conversion. So you've scored at least one looksee out of that.

And its not so much about trying to save a buck for me.. I want to find guys I can trust to send me what they say they have.. and not come piece of spent crap. And I'll spend only with folks without attitude.

Thats also why I spend money at VC.. They know what they are selling. No surprises. No attitude.

Have had way too many experiences ordering and then having to return.. and by the time you do that once or twice any "savings" made on Ebay go up in smoke.
I just don't have the time to peruse the pick and pulls, anymore.. There just aren't enough hrs in a day at this point in life.

So far, I've had only one or two good finds on Ebay.. but all of my purchases at Samba (at least the ones who respond to inquiries) have come thru. They were the parts I was looking for and in reasonably good shape (as described in ads or in response to inquirie)
Some of these vendors I just contact direclty and asked "do you have 'fill-in-the-blank"?

-57 pan f/g buggy with a 67 pancake Type 3 "S"
"Jimi Hendrix owned one. Richard Nixon did not"
-Grand Tour, Season 1, episodes 4 and 5

danfromsyr wrote:
those are straight line runs with light weight race cars for only 1/4mile at a time..
not pushing a loaded brick up a mountain pass with a family of 4+ inside expecting to have an event free vacation..

Last edited by j_dirge on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
spanky324
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done buying something off of the classifieds
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: